Used 2006 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 235 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Fun, Fun, Fun
By bc8512

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The tC is a great car! I've owned it for one year and I love it. It is fun to drive and peppy. My freinds and co-workers all want to drive it. It has only one minor problem which is a squeek under the dash below the steering column at times. I bought this car to commute to work and enjoy the ride, even in traffic. It has a great stance and looks somewhat like a BMW. What you get for the money in this car cannot be beat by any manufacurer. It will last because it's a Toyota. A co- worker has tried to by a used one but can't find one except for $2,000 more than what I paid new. That should speak volumes about the resale value. I highly recommend this car.

Fun to drive and looks good doing it.

Give it a higher quality upholstery. The drivers seat fabric is ruffled a bit from getting in and out.

10,000 Miles, 6 Month Review
By Jeff

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just hit 10,000 miles after six months of driving everyday. The tC is a great car, fun to drive, averaging 27-28 miles per gallon, or 350 miles per tank. Did I mention that it is fun to drive? It offers more room than most two door sport cars. My biggest complaint is that it rattles. First the radio (dealer fixed it) now behind my head in the head liner area. It is going to the shop this week. The iPod radio is great. I have no regrets.

The five speed transmission, iPod radio, comfort, and fun factor.

Fix the rattles and provide the option to get a leather interior.

My first purchase
By Anthony

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've driven a '98 Corolla for the past 7 years and the occasional Camry drive, so it was difficult to push me out of the Toyota family. When I went to buy a new car I narrowed it down to the under $22,000 range because I didn't want to spend THAT MUCH on a car, though I probably can easily. I ended up test driving the '06 Impreza, and this car and it was quite easy. The Civic was another option and a relative had recently bought one so I got to play with that a bit. But it was really easy to decide. The tC has way more features, the looks, and the Toyota Camry reliability in it for the same price.

I like the proven engine design, sporty looks, sun and moonroofs, and price.

The fuel economy could be better, wish it came in a sedan, more distinct edges in the back though the lip spoiler does the job.

Nice Ride
By Dave

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a very nice car. I considered 5 different cars with gas mileage and overall performance my main criteria. After all the test drives and comparisons, the tC was the standout choice for standard options and its powerful Camry engine. It is just a few dollars more than the base 2 door Civic and you get so much more. It provides a nice balance of performance and gas mileage for a bargain price.

My favorite features: the powerful engine borrowed from the Camry, 17" alloy rims and performance tires standard, overall styling, and interior room.

none

I love my Scion tC
By Susana

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I simply love this car! I bought it two weeks ago and it is my first new car. I am getting ready to leave for graduate school and I wanted a reliable car that looked good, had many standard features, yet was safe. This car definitely meets all those catagories. The car is also extremely comfortable on long drives and in the city it performs like a dream. Maybe it is the fact that it is my first new car, but I would definitely recommend this car for the first time new car buyer!

I love the iPod ready radio which allows me to listen to all the songs on my iPod. I alos love the audio system controls that are so conviniently located on the steering wheel.

Maybe having electric seating controls. I am sure though that in time this car will only get better.