Used 2006 Scion tC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

My first purchase
By Anthony

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've driven a '98 Corolla for the past 7 years and the occasional Camry drive, so it was difficult to push me out of the Toyota family. When I went to buy a new car I narrowed it down to the under $22,000 range because I didn't want to spend THAT MUCH on a car, though I probably can easily. I ended up test driving the '06 Impreza, and this car and it was quite easy. The Civic was another option and a relative had recently bought one so I got to play with that a bit. But it was really easy to decide. The tC has way more features, the looks, and the Toyota Camry reliability in it for the same price.

Favorite Features

I like the proven engine design, sporty looks, sun and moonroofs, and price.

Suggested Improvements

The fuel economy could be better, wish it came in a sedan, more distinct edges in the back though the lip spoiler does the job.

Nice Ride
By Dave

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a very nice car. I considered 5 different cars with gas mileage and overall performance my main criteria. After all the test drives and comparisons, the tC was the standout choice for standard options and its powerful Camry engine. It is just a few dollars more than the base 2 door Civic and you get so much more. It provides a nice balance of performance and gas mileage for a bargain price.

Favorite Features

My favorite features: the powerful engine borrowed from the Camry, 17" alloy rims and performance tires standard, overall styling, and interior room.

Suggested Improvements

none

I love my Scion tC
By Susana

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I simply love this car! I bought it two weeks ago and it is my first new car. I am getting ready to leave for graduate school and I wanted a reliable car that looked good, had many standard features, yet was safe. This car definitely meets all those catagories. The car is also extremely comfortable on long drives and in the city it performs like a dream. Maybe it is the fact that it is my first new car, but I would definitely recommend this car for the first time new car buyer!

Favorite Features

I love the iPod ready radio which allows me to listen to all the songs on my iPod. I alos love the audio system controls that are so conviniently located on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe having electric seating controls. I am sure though that in time this car will only get better.

Excellent Value
By mvh

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is unbeatable for the number of standard features at it's price point. The no-haggle "pure pricing" of the car was a big plus. I passed on all the dealer options except the side curtain airbags and iPod upgrade (which is worth the extra $ IMO). The stock radio is sufficient. This car has a comfortable and uncomplicated interior design. I like the convenience of having a hatchback. Everyone who has sat in back says the back seats are very comfortable. While I've read other reviews complaining about blind spots, I haven't found it to be a problem. The ride is comfortable and the engine is plenty peppy enough for me. It has good handling and a good turning radius

Favorite Features

I love the steering wheel stereo controls, iPod upgrade, panoramic sunroof, audible seatbelt reminder, and aux and power jacks in the center console.

Suggested Improvements

The door handles should be further to the rear of the door. Add a rear window wiper and an interior trunk latch. Power seats would be nice.

Rob's tC
By Rob

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For the price, the value is amazing. It has a great stereo. The sunroof system is very good with two glass panels to let in the light. The sunroof wind noise is far less than in my 2003 Mini Cooper. I drove nearly 900 miles in one day. The seat adjustments are excellent, especially when you consider that I believe the seats are more comfortable than those in my BMW M3. My friends compliment the brightness of the headlights, even with the fog lights off. It even has an arm rest with sweet sections to hide things so those outside can't see them!

Favorite Features

The handling, stereo, fold down rear seats, 17" wheels with Yokos, remote key system and price. I love buying regular gas again. The arm rest for my Mini is extra and not as well designed as the Scion arm rest system.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the sunroof rattles. Add a sixth speed. Make the strut tower bar standard.