2006 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Tango-Charlie
By carnut1973 on 01/26/11 14:03 PM (PST)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my Scion tC brand new for $15,900 (manual transmission)...an outstanding value for that price. Only thing I added was the rear wing, aluminum shift knob and the aluminum pedal covers. Decent styling in and out, good on gas, fun to drive and very reliable. Seating was comfortable for a long drive and the performance was decent for an economy-priced car. Where the economy-priced traits showed up were in interior noise, squeaks and rattles and poor paint quality--at least with the dark purple paint. Perhaps the lighter colors (i.e. white or silver) would wear better.

Nice Car
By fbraz19 on 01/12/11 19:28 PM (PST)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in July of 2006. It's been a nice little car for me. I opted for the manual as a personal preference. I also opted for the iPod stereo upgrade, was not standard in this model year. It's been a great little car with the exception of a few items. The rear hatch latch came completely off on this car just before the 30k mile warranty was up and the dealer replaced it. The struts for said hatch have worn out and I had to buy new ones, I opted for ordering these from out of state due to cost. Keep in mind that I open the hatch at least 2 times a day 5 days a week for the last 4 years. Other then these two items mechanically the car has been great. Brakes/Rotors replaced once.

Love This Car!
By Mommy of 2 on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I Traded in my huge SUV and bought my scion used. It had 47,000 on it and runs great. I have 2 small girls 8 and 6. No problem getting them in and out. Booster seat fits fine. also had my friends baby in the back with my girls. well enough room for all car seat i was shocked. Fun to drive. kids love moon roof in the back. Only thing i notice is A/C is not to cold, but i think it just need flushed. I live in Oregon and Have no problems in rain with this car handles so well. no complaints!

2006
By djmcruz on 05/10/10 20:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

MY 2006 Scion tc . ROCKS! 115,000 miles on it. The only thing replaced so far were Brakes,Tires every 50,000 and synthetic oil changes every 5,000.and what ever the services needed. The car does have a couple of squeeks and rattles but in all GREAT car.

Not Feeling My tC
By Mllipsey on 03/26/10 12:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car from 77 miles to 57000 miles and I have been trying to get rid of it since 5000 miles. I must admit the car is fun to drive at times but compared to 75% of the other cars on the road its not much power under the hood. The only time I feel like its fast is when I am the only car on the road. The gas mileage stinks, I get 265 out of a full tank and the dealership tells me its because of "winter" gas in the winter and "summer" gas in the summer. The worst part is that loud whistling from the sunroof that toyota refuses to look at unless I pay them. Its time for me to move on.

Cheap Stylish Ride
By Spectacularjax on 03/12/10 11:30 AM (PST)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ok here is the deal. I always wanted a fast sporty car, which this car is. However it is basically a toy. It is kind of like the old honda civics that were made to play with. Parts easily pop off and on for accessorizing, which is lots of fun. The trunk is poorly made, if you live in New England like I do, and it snows it is very difficult to lift the trunk, so you need to clean all the snow off before even trying. Sometimes the trunk ( with no snow on it ) closes by itself and hits you right in the head. The handle to the trunk pops right off and unless you have package tape it will dangle and eventually fall off. Tires are thin and don't last too long, head room, not good for tall people.

Items to be aware of...
By Anjanette on 02/05/10 13:29 PM (PST)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our tC new. We do love it but there are some build quality issues that need to be dealt with. The back panel, at the trunk release, broke off. The C-pillar air bag covers have popped off. The vent fan squeals and sometimes has stopped (that's fun in the blazing summer). Our breaks needed to be replaced at 33k miles and we don't drive hard or jam our foot into them. The tires are low profile and develop breaks in the sidewall radials easily if a hole or other bump is hit just right. The tires are also expensive and don't gain traction well on wet pavement and easily break loose. With continued use the seats don't stay in place when slid forward when accessing the back seat.

After a few years...
By JW on 02/04/10 23:08 PM (PST)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The paint chips and scratches with ease. The are plenty of rattles. Many of the interior plastic covers( such as seatbelt bolts) have cracked. The optional leather seats are cracking ( garage parked). The sun roof freezes at on occasion. When I hit a small bump and brake, the brakes "skip" and make a metallic noise. Have complained to the dealer over the years. They say it is "normal"; however, a delay in braking is not "normal."The rotors started rusting on the first year.

Would be a perfect car for a teenager
By Melissa on 10/21/09 18:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 tc brand new. At first I loved it because of all the options. You really can't get as many for the price. The dual sunroof was really neat, steering wheel controls were nice. Good price and good deal, but too much plastic everywhere. Car is very cookie cutter. The weird cover over the radio always seemed annoying. I got plenty of looks and comments, but all from 16 year old kids when getting my car washed. Had to get rid of it and get an "adult" car. Nice, quick, but VERY TINY little car. Don't expect anyone to get in the back seat. Perfect for a teen, which is what Scion targets anyway...my bad...

great car for the price
By tomed81 on 10/06/09 19:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I would def recommend this car to anyone I have had this car since it was a yr old bought it w 22k on it it now has 68k and have never had one thing ever wrong with it I bought an extended warranty and now am realizing I wont need it I changed the break pads once and that's all it needed very easy to maintain your self and w a few after market parts its even better I put lowering springs cold air intake and trd exhaust and its def quicker def wont beat an si or corolla xrs but is def quicker than other similarly priced cars I have had only hondas and im impressed with my Toyota although if I could have afforded it I prob woulda got the si but none the less this I am happy with the tc

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.