2006 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Worth every penny
By luvcars32 on 04/09/12 11:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Racked up 112,000 mile on my '06 tC, and never had 1 mechanical issue with it! I replaced the clutch after 80,000 miles, and that's it. Truth be told, this is a fun little car to drive and I beat on mine quite a bit. The reason for my review is, I was weary about Scion, because they were new. I bought it because it's a Toyota. Since they had done away with their sporty cars, I took my chances on this. I'm so glad I did. It was maintained with proper flushes, oil changes, tires and brakes, and never had gave me any mechanical issues.

Solid car
By pakman7 on 06/25/11 22:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had it for 5+ years and it was my 1st big purchase after college. It's been good but I've had similar problems as some of the other posts written. Biggest problem was water pump going out at 67k, luckly it didn't heat and part was inexpensive. read trunk latch broke off, sunroof doesn't close all the way unless I hold down the wind blocker. Front seats don't go back to original position when accessing the back seat. Fun to drive tho and fairly roomy for a coupe, great on gas (avg 27 mpgs for me). The car also comes with good options in a standard package and has retained its value. Which is good cuz I'm ready to move on from coupes, tired of 2 doors and poor vision in coupes.

Tango-Charlie
By carnut1973 on 01/26/11 14:03 PM (PST)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my Scion tC brand new for $15,900 (manual transmission)...an outstanding value for that price. Only thing I added was the rear wing, aluminum shift knob and the aluminum pedal covers. Decent styling in and out, good on gas, fun to drive and very reliable. Seating was comfortable for a long drive and the performance was decent for an economy-priced car. Where the economy-priced traits showed up were in interior noise, squeaks and rattles and poor paint quality--at least with the dark purple paint. Perhaps the lighter colors (i.e. white or silver) would wear better.

Nice Car
By fbraz19 on 01/12/11 19:28 PM (PST)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in July of 2006. It's been a nice little car for me. I opted for the manual as a personal preference. I also opted for the iPod stereo upgrade, was not standard in this model year. It's been a great little car with the exception of a few items. The rear hatch latch came completely off on this car just before the 30k mile warranty was up and the dealer replaced it. The struts for said hatch have worn out and I had to buy new ones, I opted for ordering these from out of state due to cost. Keep in mind that I open the hatch at least 2 times a day 5 days a week for the last 4 years. Other then these two items mechanically the car has been great. Brakes/Rotors replaced once.

Love This Car!
By Mommy of 2 on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I Traded in my huge SUV and bought my scion used. It had 47,000 on it and runs great. I have 2 small girls 8 and 6. No problem getting them in and out. Booster seat fits fine. also had my friends baby in the back with my girls. well enough room for all car seat i was shocked. Fun to drive. kids love moon roof in the back. Only thing i notice is A/C is not to cold, but i think it just need flushed. I live in Oregon and Have no problems in rain with this car handles so well. no complaints!

great car for the price
By tomed81 on 10/06/09 19:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I would def recommend this car to anyone I have had this car since it was a yr old bought it w 22k on it it now has 68k and have never had one thing ever wrong with it I bought an extended warranty and now am realizing I wont need it I changed the break pads once and that's all it needed very easy to maintain your self and w a few after market parts its even better I put lowering springs cold air intake and trd exhaust and its def quicker def wont beat an si or corolla xrs but is def quicker than other similarly priced cars I have had only hondas and im impressed with my Toyota although if I could have afforded it I prob woulda got the si but none the less this I am happy with the tc

Supercharged
By Brian on 03/11/09 22:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

3 and half years and 41,000 miles later the car still runs like the day I drove it off the lot. Since I just recently paid it off, I decided to buy and install the TRD Supercharger to renew my overall interest in the car. This upgrade brings my performance rating from a 7.0 to a 9.5 (rounded to 10). The charger is smooth and quiet and makes 2nd through 5th gear a blast. The manual gearbox is fun once you become acquainted with the clutch. The car just looks gorgeous with ground effects and spoiler. I loved my tC before the forced induction but now we're on a whole new level.

Scion Warranty is Worthless
By PIssed Off on 09/25/08 17:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

2006 Scion TC, normal usage, 23k miles and clutch goes out. Scion claims "wear & tear" and totally walks away from their warranty. I will never buy another Toyota/Scion product again!

Lovin' my TC
By Loving it! on 08/17/08 18:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my car brand new in 10/06. It's been almost 2 years and I have over 60k miles on it. I drive it mostly on the highway and I don't care for the amount of noise from the sunroof (event when its closed). I have also had a problem with the molding between the windshield and the sunroof. It has blown off twice! The drivers seat broke about a month after I had the vehicle and the dealership had to replace the entire thing! My tc is great in any driving condition and I love the speed I get from it. I always feel safe driving it and I love the way it handles! Except for the few minor things I absolutely love the car! I just wish it came with a better warranty.

Mixed Feelings
By las_crg on 08/13/08 14:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my tC a little over a year and have had no problems out of it whatsoever. It is still very fun to drive, even after having it a year. It is pretty spacious for a two-door car, but I will stick to four-doors from now on. It is a smooth, comfortable ride with no rattling or shaking. I just calculated my MPG and got about 28 city, 31 hwy, which is good but could be better for a small car. The sound system is great and the pioneer CD player and speakers are very high quality. The road noise is relatively quiet for having low- profile tires. Despite its sporty look, the steering is not very nimble. Overall, I have enjoyed my car, but it could definitely use some improvement.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.