2005 Scion tC Consumer Review: I like it. Been good to me

2005 Scion tC - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I like it. Been good to me
By since it came out on

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I read about this car and waited its arrival. When they became available I bought one. It's comfortable and reasonably sporty driving wise. I have fit so much stuff in this car at once it's astounding. Flip all the seats down including the passenger by taking the head rest off and you'll be amazed. It does hold the road and corner well and once you get used to the shifter it accelerates with more than enough oomph. I have changed the oil replaced the tires and that is it. I plan on driving it till the wheels fall off and given its performance to date I think that will be a long time coming.

Favorite Features

I like the stereo although I would like it if it would go louder. The Cruise is great on long trips. Abs on a car this cheap, wow. I have been really pleased.

Suggested Improvements

I agree with everyone that the paint and body panels are wimpy. I have a lot of dings and scratches. The gearbox needs improvement first gear is kind of jerky. The ac fine in NY but it took for ever when I lived in Texas. Snow handling is awful, snow tires on smaller wheels vast improvement.