2005 Scion tC Consumer Review: Faster than a Supra!

2005 Scion tC - Consumer Review

2005 Scion tC

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Faster than a Supra!
By hachiroku on

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have an 05 tC and an 88 Supra. R&T tested both cars in the year they were produced, the tC was 7.8 to 60, the Supra 7.9. The car handles like it's on rails, the stock tires are very good. The build quality is very good, but there is a rattle in the dash when it's cold (surprise...). Driveability is extremely good. Except for being a little taller and being FWD this car is as much a blast as my '85 Corolla GTS was. The stock sound system is good, better speakers like Quarts make it excellent.

Styling, handling, agility and sheer fun to drive. Good sound from stock stereo, smooth looking controls. With a hatch and fold down seats I can move my 2x15" bass amp in the car with ease. The overhead panoramic roof is fantastic.

The seats to me are not that comfortable. I am used to the seats in my 88 Supra, my 85 Corolla GTS and my 85 Celica GTS with longer seat bottoms. Also, the seat is too close to the pedals. The other cars I sit and stretch in, this one is like sitting at a desk. Body panels are thin!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review