2005 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Love It, but It's Killin' My Wallet.
By ScionRox on 01/16/07 20:34 PM (PST)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! It has been nothing but good to me. I have had it since new for nearly two years now. I bought this puppy before it was cool to have a tC! It is a nice car, but it is a little low on power for a supposed "sports coupe." I would love to supercharge it, but I'm not a millionaire. It gets pretty poor gas mileage. I've never gotten the 22 mpg they say you can get. I average about 18.5 - 19.5 mpg around town (about 21 on the highway). This car also easily skids in the rain. I think that is more the tires than anything. But when its barely raining and you're going about 40 mph, you start hydroplaning. That is a problem. The xB has really good cornering ability as well. I just wish I had bought a stick!

Scion tC
By scion tc on 01/01/07 15:09 PM (PST)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is a beautiful car and it is fun to drive. The only problem with the car is that is skids easily in the rain. I don't recommend this car if you drive in an area that it rains a lot. This car tends to fish tail making turns. It is a very light car so you would have to be careful driving in poor weather conditions. Other then that it is comfortable to drive in and is a great looking car.

Moms and Tall Adults
By tall cip on 12/19/06 05:40 AM (PST)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a tall mom, 5'10, and love my car! It has a great look, my two kids love to pick their friends up in it! It also is a comfortable car. It's easy to drive around the city. I have never had a problem with it! I can grocery shop in it also! :-) Its gas mileage is great, my avg. is 10 days before filling up. Toyota has done it's job keeping mom's young and alive. :-) This car is definitely a keeper, a hand-me-down for a teenager. Try one, buy one, and have fun!

Lovin My 2005 tC
By slchick2006 on 12/09/06 18:21 PM (PST)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Since I drive 172 miles each day to and from work, I needed something economical, this car was that and more. I love the even more since owning it. It's very reliable and since buying it I have not had any problems with this car. I am consistent with oil changes and tire rotation. This car rocks.

Hate to Say Goodnight
By David on 11/30/06 18:25 PM (PST)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car so much. I heard a lot about it before I bought it and man everything I heard about and read is so true. The car has an excellent take off response and is so smooth off the line. Its handling is tight and the car has no vibrations. I would recommend this car because once you drive it you can't leave it alone, you want to keep on going. Plus the after market accessories are worth it alone. You can make the car hotter than it already is, a lot hotter. The options are endless. Next summer I plan to add Lambo doors and drop the car about 1 1/2 inches with a full body kit and to install the supercharger. I hope you decide on the tC. Have fun safely.

Love the Car
By Justin on 11/29/06 11:23 AM (PST)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving the car, a 5-speed manual. It has 18 inch rims supercharged, cold air intake, and the TRD exhaust. It even has custom seats that has Supercharged engraved on them. The only complaints I have is that it is so inexpensive to buy at $17,000 used, yet the parts are expensive around $350 for one tire and $515 for front brakes. Other than that, the car is very quick and is a lot fun to drive. The car gets a lot of looks no matter where you go.

A Fun Car to Drive
By Melvin Nudelman on 11/21/06 05:00 AM (PST)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion tC is a fun car to drive. It burns rubber when the need hits you. The sound system in the car is awesome. The hatchback is a great feature. It turns into a station-wagon when you need to move cargo. Three adults fit into the back seat with comfort. The best part is that the car acts like a sports car and looks like one.

Fun Car to Drive
By emily532 on 10/08/06 13:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my tC. I bought it in December 2005 after my husband bought his in October of the same year. After I test drove his, I HAD to get one too. Mine has 18" rims and ground effects, which makes it look much sportier than my husband's. I've had so many people come up to me in parking lots around town and ask about it. Everyone is SO impressed with it, especially me and my husband. And this is an absolute gem of a car, even compared with other cars in much higher price ranges. I am very proud of my tC and would recommend it to anyone. My younger brother even bought one after he drove mine. GET IT, you won't regret it.

My 2005 Scion
By Mark on 09/29/06 11:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with my Scion since the day I bought it. It handles smoothly, accelerates rather quickly, and gets great gas mileage. I would recommend anyone to try a test drive in a tC. I had to order mine and have loved it ever since.

Scion tC: Great New Car for Your Student
By Rob on 09/03/06 17:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car handles extremely well, especially around corners at speeds where most cars would be begin to shake. The tC is the best value out there. It has many options standard that most cars have as optional or not at all, including 4-wheel disc brakes, ABS, a panoramic sunroof with an additional moonroof, 17-inch alloy rims, reclinable rear seats, and a 6-speaker Panasonic Sound System. It is also VERY practical. The rear seats can be folded flat to provide enough room for several large TV sets, snowboard equipment for four, etc. The tC is fun to drive, built well, and looks good!