Used 2005 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Great car, but problems with hatch
By ScottB

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. True, they could have used better material for the interior instead of the scratch-prone stuff they use, but then it would cost more. My only beef is with the latch to the hatchback. It has always been temperamental and difficult to open until last week when it finally snapped off. That's just poor design. I hope that they've fixed this in newer models. But despite that, this has been a great car and I'd definitely get another Scion.

Favorite Features

A lot of room, nice layout of controls, very zippy and eye-catching.

Suggested Improvements

the latch to the hatchback and maybe upgrade the interior .

Most reliable car I ever had..
By Lynn

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am in outside sales, and I bought the car as a workhorse. I got one of the first TC's made. I have driven my car 160,000 miles and have never had a problem. It trembles a little with the a/ c on when you are stopped, and the brakes squeak sometimes in reverse in the morning, and the CD changer get's jammed from time to time. These are my ONLY complaints. The power is great, and the handling is too (I have TRD struts) but this car has been a fun car to drive/own, and the cost to own is the cheapest I have ever seen. (besides tires)---What a GREAT car!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Soooo reliable! I get lots of compliments on it!

Suggested Improvements

none.. It's the best car for the money..

not too happy with Toyota/Scion
By AndrewS.

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for over 3 years; I have grown to HATE it. It is so small. It is so cheap, you really do get what you pay for when it comes to Scion. The car makes noise, hit a bump and you will hear the car make noise for the rest of your life, it creeks and rattles over every bump. The front bumper scrapes on EVERYTHING. The sunroof whistles, the rear hatch does not stay up, a/c condensation leaked into the radio - I now have no radio/speakers, mpg should be better, tires (no matter what brand) slide/slip in rain/snow and need replacing fast, brakes donít last the same of other cars. Poorly built car, very disappointing coming from Toyota.

Favorite Features

rear seats that recline, parking lights make the car look great. That's about it, it looks like a nice car, until you own one.

Suggested Improvements

MPG, build quality (!!), a working radio would be nice. Buy a Subaru (you might as well, same MPG), it's bullet proof. :)

very nice
By powerstrokediesel97

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car as a rollover with 700 miles, fixed it up, now has 55,000. Great car, very fun to drive especially cuz its standard, sound system is pretty good. Very happy with it, has never broken down... Its also very hard to get stuck, its amazing how rough of terrain you can drive it over with it being so low to the ground. I have also managed over 34 mpg out of it. A's across the board for this one, another great car from Toyota.

Favorite Features

Best part is it feels like a sporty car, its fast, fun, virtually no maintenance needed other than oil changes, turning radius is awesome

Suggested Improvements

Looks very different with such high door panels and short Windows, almost makes you feel a little like your sitting in a hole.

Can't Complain
By jmm143

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my tC for 4 years now and overall its great. Never been in the shop and always reliable. plenty of room for me but a little crowded for a family of more than 3. Would like a little more power and a less squeaky hatch but other than that its great!

Favorite Features

sunroof

Suggested Improvements

more power