Used 2005 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 454 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Awesome Car!
By Lorrha

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car has such an awesome look to it, nice sleek lines and a great array of colours. Like the car so much, we own two Scion tCs. And 10 doesn't even begin to be a rating for how fun the car is to drive, as well as the performance. Personally I'd rate the car a 20. Our kids love the cars too, and they have lots of room in the back seat (even I do when I sit back there). The cargo space is roomier than I originally expected. We are able to fit $300 worth of groceries back there when shopping at BJ's. I'm a loyal Celica fan and the tC makes the grade for me - especially when it comes to room.

Love the way the six disc changer has the colour option for the display. And the lighting kit looks great. I just can't name one thing, everything is great on the tC. I only wish I'd not behaved so much regarding modifications when the car was purchased.

Windshield wiper for the hatchback. After getting snow in our area, I would have liked having that feature.

my 2005 Scion tC
By Jose

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Handling is great, enough room for 4 adults, great mileage, good response from under the hood when needed, it's a fun car to drive! And best of all at a good price!

Retractable ceiling, great sound system, rear reclinable seats, nice set of wheels and tires from the factory, plus three free oil changes.

Some noise from retractable ceiling components when driving over bumpy roads.

Scion Review
By Jamie Robinson

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for almost 7 months and so far am very happy. It drives smooth and in the winter it handles well. Gas on it is pretty decent. I get about 24mi/gl. Not too bad.

The sun roof!

Power seats.

Perfection on wheels
By TCowner

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have moved from the Forn Mustang to the Scion TC and must say I can feel the difference. I dont really want to say how much I enjoy this car in hopes that everyone doesnt go out and buy one, I like the idea of looking special on the road and not common place, but the SCION nation is here, and we are enjoying the ride.

Gots to be the sunroof.

Sound system, i need some more thump.

The real BMW 1 series..made in Japan
By steve

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the car with most options, Sat. radio, 6-disc changer, A/T,Spoiler. Since then,i have purchased an aluminium shift knob, and will be doing performance and visual upgrades in the near future. This is a great car, not only for the money , but in general. The performance is pretty good, and depending on your wallet size it can be as mild or wild as you like. The styling is very BMW'esqe, especially at the c-piller. The interior has a Lexus like fit and finish, with all the controls easily accessable. The Pioneer Radio/CD player could have better buttons, but i am nit- picking. This is a car that is perfect for the first time buyer as well as a "seasoned" veteran like myself.

My favorite features are the flip-open radio console, and the seats. The seats are probably the most comfortable in this class, and on par with anything more expensive from Europe. Also, i feel the car is visually striking while not going in for the "boy racer" look.

I would love to see a convertible, as well as a high performance model like the RSX-R. The stereo controls could also do with knobs instead of buttons, and Leather should be an option.Lastly, I would love to see real tests with cars that have the performance upgrades offered by TRD.