Used 2005 Scion tC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Best Value
By Blue Scion tC

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Started looking for a good gas mileage car (I drive 23k a year) but decided on the Scion. Looked at Elanta (didn't like dash) Corolla S (small hard plastic armrest and dash seem old fashioned) and Mazda 3 (too high price). While at Toyota dealership test drove the tC and couldn't resist getting it. It just ran great and had such a solid/quality feel to it. What I really liked was there were no options I had to buy. It already had 4wheel disc brakes, ABS, sunroof, cruise control and alloy wheels. Got 27mpg with first tank and 29 with second one. Overall, you just can't beat the value and quality and to me it was worth the extra $7 a week for gas.

Favorite Features

Performance, outside temp gauge, spark plugs that don't need to be changed until 120k miles, easy to reach oil filter (right underneath the car by the oil pan, I checked this out since I change my own oil), timing chain (no more belts to replace at 60-100k miles), nice interior & quality feel to it.

Suggested Improvements

Like a lot of others have said, it could use a 6th gear (at 70mph it runs around 3200 rpm), but nice pickup though. To make it a great car they could have added radio controls to the steering wheel & lights for the vanity mirrors and glovebox. Stock tires only have a 160 treadwear rating.

I love it
By Felicia Dixion

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

For the price of the car and the standard features that it comes with, it just seems too good to be true. I would have expected to pay more. I also love the no haggel, no hassel, policy. You shouldn't feel like you've been raped when buying a car.

Favorite Features

I love the style of the car, very sexy. I also love the features on the radio. You can't leave out the panoramic moonroof!!!!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

A little more head room in the back for tall people.

Best Value... Hands Down
By Damon Walker

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Can you imagine a Camry in all it's greatness with more features, more power, more style and an anorexic price tag? Turn it into a TRUE sports-coupe and you have the SCION tC. This is, without question, the highest fun-to- value ratio in the modern day of automotion. Drive all you want -- it's a Toyota (excuse me, Scion), it will never break. Faster than a Solara and more leg room in the back seat, this vehicle is engineering at it's best. The Scion tC is tit-mouse quiet but roars when provoked. Trade in what ever you drive now while it still has any value and do the smart thing; Flint Mica... stick shift -- You won't be sorry. Let all Toyota's children say Amen... and Amen!!

Favorite Features

The Scion tC comes standard with power windows(auto up and down on both), power locks, power mirrors, anti-lock brakes, keyless entry (on the key like the Lexus), Pioneer CD/MP3 player, reclining rear seats, 17" alloys, Panoramic-all-glass roof, side mirror signal lights and a leather wrapped wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Uh... Beats me

Awesome Car!
By Lorrha

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car has such an awesome look to it, nice sleek lines and a great array of colours. Like the car so much, we own two Scion tCs. And 10 doesn't even begin to be a rating for how fun the car is to drive, as well as the performance. Personally I'd rate the car a 20. Our kids love the cars too, and they have lots of room in the back seat (even I do when I sit back there). The cargo space is roomier than I originally expected. We are able to fit $300 worth of groceries back there when shopping at BJ's. I'm a loyal Celica fan and the tC makes the grade for me - especially when it comes to room.

Favorite Features

Love the way the six disc changer has the colour option for the display. And the lighting kit looks great. I just can't name one thing, everything is great on the tC. I only wish I'd not behaved so much regarding modifications when the car was purchased.

Suggested Improvements

Windshield wiper for the hatchback. After getting snow in our area, I would have liked having that feature.

my 2005 Scion tC
By Jose

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Handling is great, enough room for 4 adults, great mileage, good response from under the hood when needed, it's a fun car to drive! And best of all at a good price!

Favorite Features

Retractable ceiling, great sound system, rear reclinable seats, nice set of wheels and tires from the factory, plus three free oil changes.

Suggested Improvements

Some noise from retractable ceiling components when driving over bumpy roads.