Used 2005 Scion tC Consumer Reviews - 454 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

I like it alot but...
By tom

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

my review about my scion tc is... My thougts on the scion tc are very skattered. If i could have control of the car i would first off put more horsepower. This car needs to have at least 220-230 horsepower, it would attract more people, because people love speed. Affordable is another thing even if the car comes out with 230 horsepower and its now $18,000-$19,000 (starting) its worth it. So my review of the car is basicly all i need is horsepower everything else about the car i like alot but always end up bein left behind the crowd in traffic.....

digital climate control, tiptronic shitfter, sunroof, seats how they fold completely down(hahah), blinkers on the mirrors it makes the car look more classier...

DEFINITLY ALOT MORE HORSEPOWER PLEASE!!!!! this car is top shelf looking wise but the alot more horsepower is needed ...

How can they do this
By sstaszak11

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I still can't figure out how you can get all of this car for around 17,000. It has the look and feel of a luxury car with power everything. The panorama moonroof is a great feature. I've read some complaints about road noise and/or engine noise at higher speeds, and maybe I'm just used to the sounds of my old Saturn, but this car seems extremely quiet to me. I made it a point to drive with the radio off to see if I could pick up any noise. Nothing. I cannot stress how much I recommend this car

Quick acceleration, Panorama moonroof, 17" Stock wheels(Everyone thinks I bought custom rims), Overall quality

Still cant find a driving position that feels right. I wish the drivers seat went back just a little further. Drivers rear side blind spot will take some getting used to.

Best Value
By Blue Scion tC

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Started looking for a good gas mileage car (I drive 23k a year) but decided on the Scion. Looked at Elanta (didn't like dash) Corolla S (small hard plastic armrest and dash seem old fashioned) and Mazda 3 (too high price). While at Toyota dealership test drove the tC and couldn't resist getting it. It just ran great and had such a solid/quality feel to it. What I really liked was there were no options I had to buy. It already had 4wheel disc brakes, ABS, sunroof, cruise control and alloy wheels. Got 27mpg with first tank and 29 with second one. Overall, you just can't beat the value and quality and to me it was worth the extra $7 a week for gas.

Performance, outside temp gauge, spark plugs that don't need to be changed until 120k miles, easy to reach oil filter (right underneath the car by the oil pan, I checked this out since I change my own oil), timing chain (no more belts to replace at 60-100k miles), nice interior & quality feel to it.

Like a lot of others have said, it could use a 6th gear (at 70mph it runs around 3200 rpm), but nice pickup though. To make it a great car they could have added radio controls to the steering wheel & lights for the vanity mirrors and glovebox. Stock tires only have a 160 treadwear rating.

I love it
By Felicia Dixion

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

For the price of the car and the standard features that it comes with, it just seems too good to be true. I would have expected to pay more. I also love the no haggel, no hassel, policy. You shouldn't feel like you've been raped when buying a car.

I love the style of the car, very sexy. I also love the features on the radio. You can't leave out the panoramic moonroof!!!!!!!!!

A little more head room in the back for tall people.

Best Value... Hands Down
By Damon Walker

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Can you imagine a Camry in all it's greatness with more features, more power, more style and an anorexic price tag? Turn it into a TRUE sports-coupe and you have the SCION tC. This is, without question, the highest fun-to- value ratio in the modern day of automotion. Drive all you want -- it's a Toyota (excuse me, Scion), it will never break. Faster than a Solara and more leg room in the back seat, this vehicle is engineering at it's best. The Scion tC is tit-mouse quiet but roars when provoked. Trade in what ever you drive now while it still has any value and do the smart thing; Flint Mica... stick shift -- You won't be sorry. Let all Toyota's children say Amen... and Amen!!

The Scion tC comes standard with power windows(auto up and down on both), power locks, power mirrors, anti-lock brakes, keyless entry (on the key like the Lexus), Pioneer CD/MP3 player, reclining rear seats, 17" alloys, Panoramic-all-glass roof, side mirror signal lights and a leather wrapped wheel.

Uh... Beats me