2005 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Just bought one
By John F C on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After driving E class mercedes, a Porsche Carrera and recently a Lexus SC430, I got tired of high priced cars that depreciate a great deal. I'm 51 but listen to my sons who really enjoy driving and performance. When I chose the Scion Tc my wife told me she wouldn't even drive in it (too small and not enough luxury). Thank god I don't listen to my wife, the car drives like a dream, solid as a rock and what a price performance curve. I've bought a lot of cars in my days and for the $$ the Scion is an excellent value. Looking forward to a lot of fun, safe driving and easy on the pocketbook.

Amazing
By velvetrope on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just picked up my tC and all I can say is WOW. This car is amazing, in every way.

Excellent for the money
By flthc on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the no haggeling over price. You can build your car with option over the web and know EXACTLY what your price is. Lots of standard options that you will see in more expensive cars. Quite the value and fun to drive. Nice mix of fuel economy, horse power and handeling.

I have a white scion
By Joe Rivers on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased mine about two weeks ago and I have yet to find something that I do not like about it. I guess I wish it was faster, but what should I expect from 160 horsepower? It is exactly what I needed.

I love this car
By scion on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is excellent. I love how it rides, how it drives and handles. And for the price you can't beat it. Mine is indigo ink with the ground effects, exhaust and I even added leather.

Scion tC test drive
By MGoBlue on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I can only echo other reviewers' comments regarding the tC's standard features, Toyota-esque build quality and AMAZINGLY low price. See what I mean? 15,950 MSRP 515 Delivery 145 Floor & cargo area mats 650 Side & curtain airbags 395 AM/FM/6-disc CD 88 Mudflaps ------ 17,743 Total without tax, license, etc.

So much promise until you drive it!!!!
By brandell99 on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have been looking at this car since it was introduced at the major auto shows. I was so exicted to test drive it. But I was so disappointed when I finally had the opportunity. I am 6'1" tall and my head brushed against the moonroof even with the seat at its lowest. The car had to get moving before there was brisk accelleration. The handelling felt average especially on a car with such large tires. The interior looked cheap and too plain. The car shifted well with a short throw. Braking was also very good. But the car just feels like a $16000 car. Overall car lacks refinement.

I love my tC
By Pvt Joker on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My last car was a Subaru WRX...i decided to go cheap with my new car and bought a Scion tC. I wasn't expecting much besides reliability and fuel economy. What i got instead was a perfect example of how a car can be stylish, come with decent standard options and get great gas mileage in the mid to high teens price range. I now believe that this $16k car is better overall than my old 26k WRX. The WRX had two things going for it... AWD and a turbo charger. Besides those two things, the tC beats it in every category. From seat comfort all the way down to the sound the door makes when you shut it. Even simple things like clutch. The WRX clutch SUCKED...the tC is so smooth

tC is way too Cool
By tC is too Cool on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

its been one week since I got my tC totally cool. I pretty much like everything about it. its plenty fast,ride comfort,breaking, you name it, its better than Iexpected. quality of this car inside out is as good as anything over 20 grand. compare with civic is a joke.

Great Car
By LostInDigital on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for 3 days. I love everything about it. Its fun to drivel great low end power; nice interior; great stock wheels; good stock sound. For the price it is the best deal out there right now. HAVE FUN!