2005 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Should cost more!
By sciontC on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have found nothing in this car to complain about. Value for the dollar sold me. The roof is so alike the one on a Mercedes C Coupe that they must share parts (my only fear - I hope Toyota refined it). The Civic coupe may be in trouble!

Smoke the RSX...
By albertu on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

How do I know? 'cas I own a RSX! Beat it on everything: overall size, handling, look, style, etc. Maybe not on power, but wait for the TRD supercharger. Beside, tC got better acceleration because of more torque. The duel moonroof just win my heart instantly. Other then that, the design closely resemble a european car. The interial look high tech yet tasteful. And the smooth body line match close to RSX but look a little bit more beefier. There's already a line of TRD parts for you to choose from. Supension, 18" wheels, exhaust, you name it. This is a car with a lot of potential.

Outstanding
By Alley06 on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is everything I expected it to be and more. It's peppy and flashy, while maintaining an afforable price tag. I'd recommend it to anyone willing to wait.

Best Value on the Market
By JustJoe on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car looks and drives phenomenonally well, and there is no other car out there as feature rich for this low a price. PERIOD! I drove the Acura RSX and Mazda3, both nice cars, but they were $2500 - $5000 more when comparably equipped. Plus the tC outperformed both in accelleration/handling/comfort - and it's a Toyota, and all that implies. The tC is, in a word - Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Great Car!
By scionist on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have been waiting for this car to arrive since Winter, and I bought the first one in my city. I've put 600 miles on it so far, and haven't regretted my purchase for a minute. Nice power, great handling, eye-catching looks and Lexus-like build quality... What more could one ask for? More importantly, what more could one buy for under $18K?

I've Been Waiting A Long Time For This..
By Fritzie_Pup on 07/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've been waiting for a few years now for a car company to come along, and finally change the market for the popular, young crowd. After looking at the Civic, RSX, WRX, and SRT-4, I thought I had my mind made up until my roommate showed me the tC previews.. After driving one at the local dealership, I was hooked within minutes. For the low base price of $15,595, you get yourself a car fully loaded with options you would normally only find on cars well over the $20k+ range. The No Hassle dealers make the buying process very simple, and the fact that everything has to be sold at dealer cost (Toyota Platinum warranty included!) makes it a very, very good selling point.

Excellent!
By wnorton81 on 07/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Test drove a number of competing cars (rsx, mazda3...) the tC was the best mainly because of its, IMO, superior design both inside and out, and it was the best bang for the buck.

This Scion is a great car for its price.
By lesquencois1 on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The power can be felt the moment I stepped on the gas pedal. Every features in this car is really comparable to a car that costs more. The moonroof allows me to feel the breeze as I cruise down Pacific Coast Hughway. Inside, I feel I am inside a sports car where I can see only the road and not the hood.

BANG - Civic, RSX, etc., etc.
By ray.gaona on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was about to buy a base civic because i did not want to spend too much money on a commuter car. At the same time, I didn't want to drive a car that was only going to get me there - I wanted something that looks good that is reliable, quality, and aesthetically nice! I told my wife that if I could get us an automatic (her choice) with her minimum requirements for $17.5k would she let me do the shopping. The result: 2005 tC for $17.7k. I drove it from southern cal north and drove the long drive home with a big, big smile on my face. My wife just saw it today - and she's in love with it. Thanks Scion for a bad ass little car.

Can't beat the 2.4L Camry Engine!
By dirtbound on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a blast to drive and it's got the history of the Camry engine behind it. If you are even considering a Civic or anything in the $16,000- $19,000 price range.....Buy a Scion Tc