2005 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Best Car Yet
By zhanje on 05/29/14 17:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is by far the best car I've owned yet. Quality, interior room (surprisingly, back seats are very spacious), performance, style and appearance are all top-notch. I had 130K without a single issue (besides rear-brake replacement), and it's unfortunate we're switching it out for a more family-friendly vehicle. Great car!

GREAT LITTLE CAR
By yamahaguy on 08/13/13 12:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my tc for 9 months now and it is probably the best car I have ever owned when it comes to quality and driving fun. Ive read alot of people on here talking smack about how crappy these cars are but there is nothing wrong with them. I believe most of the negative comments are from those who just watched the fast and furious movie and expect their cars to fly or whatever other kind of stupid crap they see in the movie. WELL IT WONT!

Fun and Safe!
By goofy11 on 02/02/13 16:05 PM (PST)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned this car for nine months and really enjoyed it while it lasted. We had no problems with the car when we bought it from a friend. The car drives and handles very well for an affordable car. I took it to the track a couple of times and it surprised a professional driver on how well it handles and manages to keep up with a modded Subaru sti, honda s2000, and even a corvette in the corners (although it didn't have the power to keep up on the straights). The car has very good performance for the price. I recommend the manual. The reason why i didn't own this car to long is because it was totaled in a freak accident at 70 miles an hour, however I was able to walkaway completely unharme

Best car I've ever owned!!!
By tabby9111 on 07/01/12 19:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently had my Tc totaled by a giant truck and my car gave as much damage as it received.I walked away with out a scratch. I had 161000 miles on my car and it ran perfectly, even though I drove it like I was dale earnhardt. I was so happy with this car that my next car will be another Tc..

Pros far outweigh the cons
By fairlady03 on 12/01/11 15:50 PM (PST)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought mine as a demo with 2900 miles on it, and we'll be celebrating our 7 year anniversary in February. I've put 155k (not easy miles either - I beat on my cars pretty soundly) and I have to say it has withstood everything I put it through with class and style. It's like the little Scion that could. Most problems have been wear and tear, otherwise VERY minimal maintenance and still runs like a top. Overall a solid investment, fun to tune (have TRD exhaust, K&N Typhoon intake, B&M short throw), easy to work on/troubleshoot, respectably quick. I bought a 350Z this past February and kept the tC for winter and shopping trips - she's still got a lot of life left in her :)

Stop Looking Right Here
By Peter on 07/17/10 19:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was out to find a used car in the $10,000-$12,000 range, and found quite a variety awaiting me. I was considering a 2007 Honda Civic, a 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK, and a 2008 Toyota Corolla. After driving all of them, none offered the kind of driving experience that the Scion offers. With a more-than-enough 2.4 liter engine that delivers surprising fuel economy, as well as plenty of power for such a small car, this Scion easily blows away anything else in its class. The interior is also class-leading, with a long list of standard features that other car companies charge much more for. My advice: Get the manual. It's so much fun to drive! I couldn't ask for anything more in a small car!

Excellent Sporty Ride
By MrE on 06/24/10 09:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun to drive around. It turns on a dime and handles great. Bucket seats in front and back are comfortable, even for road trips. I have always got better than 30 mpg, with the AC on, (over 40 with the wind at my back). AC doesn't feel as cold or powerful as some other vehicles, and has a hard time cooling off in hotter weather but it works fine when I'm by myself. My car does have a lot of road noise though, don't think that's a default on all makes though. I've put 40K miles on in 2 years and my biggest replacement was new tires when I got it.

I like it. Been good to me
By since it came out on 06/15/10 11:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I read about this car and waited its arrival. When they became available I bought one. It's comfortable and reasonably sporty driving wise. I have fit so much stuff in this car at once it's astounding. Flip all the seats down including the passenger by taking the head rest off and you'll be amazed. It does hold the road and corner well and once you get used to the shifter it accelerates with more than enough oomph. I have changed the oil replaced the tires and that is it. I plan on driving it till the wheels fall off and given its performance to date I think that will be a long time coming.

Not as great as I 1st thought
By jagon91 on 04/26/10 17:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When i first purchased the car i was excited and it seemed like a pretty sporty car until i used it for a few months and realize it really isnt. it is sluggish and in the manual you are in 5th gear befor 45 or else it just feels strange driving around. i just want a car that i dont have to shift gears before i am halfway through an intersection. build quality is a joke. over time i have found at least 5 different rattles from all over the car. oh and my rear hatch handle straight up came off. repairs cost over 300 if not under warranty anymore and is a well known problem that scion refuses to deal with.

Best car for the money
By Andrew on 04/08/10 09:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It is not a sports car, so if that's what you need, turn around and read reviews of the 350z. Now, its a great car. 100,000 miles, and no repairs, only maintenance. I love it. The 5-speed manual is very quick and smooth engagement of the gears, easy release clutch. Sound system is AWESOME! Its got everything you need, its a great car, with Toyota quality, and its not on the recall list, because its made in Japan, where the Toyota reputation was made.