Used 2005 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 454 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

217,000 miles and still going strong
By sciondriver

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great! Very low maintenance. Still on the original clutch! Have only had brake pads replaced. The sun roof doesn't open/close and whistles on the highway and there is a CD stuck in the player, but it doesn't matter b/c it gets me where I need to go!

Great Car
By Glenn Cionek

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

125kmi....Still drives great, no problems except regular maintenance, could be a little quicker but with the 2.4l the gas mileage is great and that's a sacrifice you take with any car.

Handles real well with the stock 18" Alloy Rims

Drives Smooth and Quiet

Best Car Yet
By zhanje

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is by far the best car I've owned yet. Quality, interior room (surprisingly, back seats are very spacious), performance, style and appearance are all top-notch. I had 130K without a single issue (besides rear-brake replacement), and it's unfortunate we're switching it out for a more family-friendly vehicle. Great car!

Interior leg room (front and back), back seats fold down for ample storage room, reliability.

GREAT LITTLE CAR
By yamahaguy

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my tc for 9 months now and it is probably the best car I have ever owned when it comes to quality and driving fun. Ive read alot of people on here talking smack about how crappy these cars are but there is nothing wrong with them. I believe most of the negative comments are from those who just watched the fast and furious movie and expect their cars to fly or whatever other kind of stupid crap they see in the movie. WELL IT WONT!

Extremely fun to drive! Has alot of power and corners pretty good. Fun to open the sunroof and cruise down the freeway. I love this car!

Nothing. This car is great just the way it is (regardless of what others may say)

Good Car with a Noisy Engine
By 99custom

2005 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's my wife's car, but I do all the work on it. It's a good car for the price, but the engine is very loud. If you do your research you will see a problem with waterpumps going out, lifters tapping, and cold starts making lots of noise.

Another problem I have encountered is the breaks. They always make noise in reverse, no matter what. I'm not using cheap parts either.

Of course my rear hatch broke, It's been JB-welded for years now..LOL.

But the car runs good and does not consume oil like others have mentioned online.

It's cheap, and it's built better then a GM.

I think I just listed some.