Used 2005 Scion tC Consumer Reviews - 453 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Great Car
By Glenn Cionek

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

125kmi....Still drives great, no problems except regular maintenance, could be a little quicker but with the 2.4l the gas mileage is great and that's a sacrifice you take with any car.

Handles real well with the stock 18" Alloy Rims

Drives Smooth and Quiet

Best Car Yet
By zhanje

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is by far the best car I've owned yet. Quality, interior room (surprisingly, back seats are very spacious), performance, style and appearance are all top-notch. I had 130K without a single issue (besides rear-brake replacement), and it's unfortunate we're switching it out for a more family-friendly vehicle. Great car!

Interior leg room (front and back), back seats fold down for ample storage room, reliability.

GREAT LITTLE CAR
By yamahaguy

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my tc for 9 months now and it is probably the best car I have ever owned when it comes to quality and driving fun. Ive read alot of people on here talking smack about how crappy these cars are but there is nothing wrong with them. I believe most of the negative comments are from those who just watched the fast and furious movie and expect their cars to fly or whatever other kind of stupid crap they see in the movie. WELL IT WONT!

Extremely fun to drive! Has alot of power and corners pretty good. Fun to open the sunroof and cruise down the freeway. I love this car!

Nothing. This car is great just the way it is (regardless of what others may say)

Good Car with a Noisy Engine
By 99custom

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's my wife's car, but I do all the work on it. It's a good car for the price, but the engine is very loud. If you do your research you will see a problem with waterpumps going out, lifters tapping, and cold starts making lots of noise.

Another problem I have encountered is the breaks. They always make noise in reverse, no matter what. I'm not using cheap parts either.

Of course my rear hatch broke, It's been JB-welded for years now..LOL.

But the car runs good and does not consume oil like others have mentioned online.

It's cheap, and it's built better then a GM.

I think I just listed some.

Fun and Safe!
By goofy11

2005 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned this car for nine months and really enjoyed it while it lasted. We had no problems with the car when we bought it from a friend.

The car drives and handles very well for an affordable car. I took it to the track a couple of times and it surprised a professional driver on how well it handles and manages to keep up with a modded Subaru sti, honda s2000, and even a corvette in the corners (although it didn't have the power to keep up on the straights). The car has very good performance for the price. I recommend the manual.

The reason why i didn't own this car to long is because it was totaled in a freak accident at 70 miles an hour, however I was able to walkaway completely unharme

The handling is amazing for a car in this price range. Big back seat for a two door car. (I'm 6'2" and could easy fit back there, and the seats recline!) Versatility of the hatchback trunk. Good looking car.

Could use more power and a 6th gear. Steering wheel (which they updated next year) needs somewhere else to honk the horn rather than along the wheel, way too easy to accidentally honk while going around a corner. needs more head room. its no to bad for me in the front but its a little short in the back. I had the radio volume button stick so that it wouldn't go down. I was able to take the radio out myself though and clean the button and make it good as new.