2013 Scion iQ Consumer Review: Best in every category

2013 Scion iQ - Consumer Review

Best in every category
By solodriver on

2013 Scion iQ 2dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl CVT)

I drive alone 99.9% of the time. I want the best value, the best MPG, the best zippy performance (I don't need a race car- I just want to zip around town, hitting corners fast and going up steep grades at 80+MPH when the mood strikes me), I want my phone, including all it does (Pandora Radio, podcasts, online streaming news radio, navigation system, etc.) to work seamlessly, I want a comfortable interior, I want to use regular gasoline, to be surrounded by airbags, and I don't want a car that looks fun and not like everyone else's car. The Scion iQ is the only one that offers ALL of this. The Fiat couldn't take the hills, gets 7MPG less and requires premium fuel and costs more...

I love that if I go on www.fueleconomy.gov that my car has the best MPG without being a hybrid, a diesel, or an electric car while giving me everything that I want. However, the thing I love the most is how fun it is to drive. I have had Tundra for years which has been fabulous. So despite Toyota's issues in the last several years, I am still sold on Toyota's reliability and expect the same from the iQ. I can't say that about any others in this tiny little car class.

The only thing I would change is others tell me they can't hear me as well on the phone. I hear them just fine. Seems something needs to be corrected. Also, there is a shelf like cubby, I presume it was designed for the phone, but I don't find it useful for that or anything else. I would prefer some differently designed cubby.