iQ: innovative Quality in a Small Package
By iqruzn on
2012 Scion iQ 2dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl CVT)
I picked up my Scion iQ 3 weeks ago and absolutely love it. I paid $17K including taxes and fees. While it might seem expensive to some, think of it as buying a premium little car with Toyota reliability and Scion style. With the passenger seat pushed forward you can accommodate a 3rd adult passenger in the back seat, but it is in essence a comfortable 2 seater. With the 50/50 split rear seats down the cargo volume is significantly increased. The exterior is stylish and striking, and thanks to my Hot Lava paint job I'm turning heads. This is the most fun I have ever had owning a vehicle. If you're looking for a fun, fuel efficient, reliable, stylish, premium 2 seater, then the iQ is for you.
Favorite Features
It came with stylish 16" alloy wheels, premium 160 Watt Pioneer stereo with Bluetooth & HD radio (including steering wheel controls) with 6 speakers, power windows, power locks, leather wrapped steering wheel, air conditioning, ABS, traction control, and 11 airbags! This is one loaded little car and so well designed. The interior feels roomy and spacious with sturdy good quality materials. You can't tell you're in a little car due to the spaciousness of the interior. I'm getting between 35 and 40 mpg. The wind noise is virtually non-existent due to the pushed out windshield, a clever and space enhancing design. The turning radius is 12 ft and parking is a breeze.
Suggested Improvements
The ride is a bit stiff and a little noisy but never distracting.