2012 Scion iQ Consumer Review: I can't stop smiling"

2012 Scion iQ - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.3L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

I can't stop smiling"
By 883 on

2012 Scion iQ 2dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl CVT)

"I can't stop smiling since I've had it" was my response when a lady who practically ran across the parking lot asked how I liked it.
I've had others taking pictures of it on their phones, people missing their "green light" at intersections because they were staring at it, another fella in a cammed up Corvette laugh with me when I motioned that I'd race him off the light.
I never would have thought that this little commuter car would be such a blast to drive.
It's smooth, quiet, roomy, solid and quick off the light.
I drive alone, so I folded the back seats down, bought the cargo carpet and use it as a hatchback.

I have ample stylish cargo space to haul groceries or anything else I've needed to. The hatchback is easy to get in and out of. I upgraded the road handling with the lower springs and the torsion sway bar and it handles "like a slot car" . . that's what the service department guys told me when I went to pick it up. They took it for a test drive and had a blast !! It's so smooth around turns and over hills. I'm loving the gas mileage, so far between (36-39). I'd probably do better if I'd quit playing with it and keep my foot out of it ! I had been driving a full-sized 4-wheel drive truck for the past 20+ years getting 15 mpg. With gas ever increasing in cost, it was time for a change.

The ONLY thing I've noticed that I would alter would be the shine finish on the radio console. Somedays it catches the morning sun and the glint/glare is a bit much. Otherwise the rest of the dash is a brushed finish and is very pleasing. I LOVE the feel of the leather steering wheel and also the gear shift knob that comes standard with it. I added the alloy wheels and the spoiler for looks. It's super easy to wash and keep clean . . . although I have to get used to bending over more, rather than standing on a stool like I do with the truck. I love this car and I'm so very glad that I decided to get it. I just can't stop smiling :)

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review