2012 Scion iQ Consumer Review: Good car.

2012 Scion iQ - Consumer Review

Good car.
By iqbill on

2012 Scion iQ 2dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned em all. Traded in a truck for this. I bought $25 bucks worth of gas on my way to work Thursday, went to work Friday, after work, the get gas light came on. I had IT!! I was near the Toyota dealer, went by and looked at the Scions, my daughter has one, looked at the IQ, learned it was the cheapest to maintain over 3 years, said fine, take this truck, give me this car. Off i went. (had to continue below)

Just got back from playing up in the new fallen snow, it was kinda fun, all the safety stuff going off, brakes pulsating, kind of fun, only complaint, i was trying to pass a Volkswagen stuck, and well, when you read the fine print, the car will stop you from moving up hill if your not getting any traction. (this is all the safety stuff, power to wheels, braking this, power to that). The car will not give me any power, even floored, so it was kind of disappointing. I had to turn around. The car would probably have made it up the road, but with all the safety deals, it wouldn't let me, first time in my life a car said NO to me. Might have been a good thing, but..

Well, the knob for the climate controls seem kinda cheap, choice of floor mats. I would like the all season ones, i know these carpets are going to grab every piece of dirt, id rather i could just yank them out with and clean them with a little water. What else, nothing really. I mean nothing, I'm getting awesome mileage, like 32-40 when I'm milaging, so what is there to complain about?