Used 2012 Scion iQ Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Scion iQ - Consumer Reviews

2012 Scion iQ

Base 1.3L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic - (17 reviews )

Great little car
By Tim Hedglin

2012 Scion iQ 2dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl CVT)

These car are really strong my kid was hit by a Chevy Colbalt @ 35 MPH and it held great the Chevy look like it hit a pole and the IQ only had minor damage to the right front. I would recommend this car totally.

Awesome little car
By Brad

2012 Scion iQ 2dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl CVT)

Great car for the money. I have had it almost 2 months now. I wanted a small gas getter car that is dependable. It's a toyota that gets around 37mpg. It's comfortable and fun to drive. Comes loaded with options. I spent 5 hours waxing and detailing it and tinted the windows. It looks real nice. You don't see too many of them. I was driving a full size truck that got around 14mpg before I got this car. Gas prices aren't too bad right now (around $2 gallon in OH). It is nice filling the gas tank up for $13 and driving it for over a week.

Good little car for the money
By Doug

2012 Scion iQ 2dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl CVT)

I didn't go out to buy this model, but dealer had one - low mileage, low cost. I enjoy my driving experience, no problems so far. 38 - 40
mpg, easy to get around. I like mine!

Great concept but poor execution
By sam214

2012 Scion iQ 2dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl CVT)

For a small car it doesn't have the zip or the exceptional fuel economy expected. It does not have rear disc brake or any fancy features to justify its "premium" compact branding.
The engine makes terrible noise and sounds like it has valves problems and only quiet down when warmed up, thus giving doubt to its long term reliability. The steering wheel makes scraping sounds, and brake pedal makes loud and annoying clicking sounds. Toyota technology and quality is missing in this car.

The best feature of this car is its exterior compactness and interior roominess.

Toyota is regressing and not keeping up with its competitors. Needs to improve build quality and gas engine technology.

Cute, Roomy, Gas-Efficient & Technologically Friendly!
By nikegal

2012 Scion iQ 2dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl CVT)

I'm 5' 11, this gives me plenty of head/leg room! I work out of my car, so that is a important. 37 mpg both city & highway driving. That in itself is a reason to jump on in!
Turns on a dime so you can get out of even the tightest spots easily. My view in all directions is phenomenal, unlike my Mini that had blindspots. I get a lifetime plan which includes free oil changes
regular maintenance, plus, I also get roadside assistance. It
has a 3 year/36k warranty. There is a nice pull-out drawer under the passenger seat for your laptop. The power windows go completely down with 1 touch, & I also have radio controls on my steering wheel. My iPod sounds great and the bluetooth is clear & easy!

The ipod port and the ease of use. Also the push button phone answering ease, as well as, the windows!

A little more cargo space would always be nice, though I understand this is intended to be small. A glove compartment is needed, especially since we women like to have space to store our "stuff"! A roof rack would be a great option also for road trips and the ability to carry more. Though I am not complaining about the gas mileage, I am sure Scion could squeeze a few more miles per gallon out of it than 37. Otherwise, I am happy!!