2016 Scion iM Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Scion iM Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific iM model:

A lot of car for the money
By Ron Shaw

2016 Scion iM Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The iM is a great car for the money. Well equipped for its price point with all of the reliability the Toyota Corolla is known for. Looks nicer than the Corolla, and handles better too. The rear seat is roomier on the Corolla, but for my son, commuting back and forth to college, its not an issue.

Dangerously slow acceleration
By yusuf

2016 Scion iM Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Pros : Comfort to drive. Cons : Very dangerous when merging to freeway, because car extremely poor to accelerate. Very endangering life when need to catch the traffic speed. I have my 3 children at the back, this car always makes me worry whenever entering freeway. MPG also not as advertised supposed to be. City is 28 as advertised, but freeway hardly just to get 33.

I love this car,
By Gary L Shook

2016 Scion iM Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I'm a 56 year old man, not the youngster they supposedly market this vehicle to. I've owned my Barcelona Red IM for one week now. I love it, pure and simple. It rides as quiet inside as a 2015 Camry SE, handles better, with better gas mileage (so far, around 31mph for the first 200 miles in mixed driving). It also looks fantastic, and the hatchback means the space in the back won't go to waste. Don't listen to the negative reviews about power, this car has plenty of get up and go, particularly with the sport button engaged. Now is a great time to purchase, as they're blowing them out, I got mine a full 2 grand under sticker. Plus, the added bonus of Toyota reliability. It says something about this soon to be defunct Scion that Toyota is continuing the model in 2017 as the Toyota Corolla IM. The only negative I have is the lack of a CD player, but I'm adjusting to that, using Flash drives. The stereo sounds fantastic. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CAR.

UPDATE TO PREVIOUS REVIEW - Now getting 33 mpg in mixed driving. Love this car.

Amazing!!!!!
By Brent

2016 Scion iM Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This hatchback is amazing handles great, gets 34 mpg all around driving. I was a little worried about the cvt but once I found out how smooth it was, I fell in love. Nice Pioneer sound with big 7" screen. Everything works perfectly every time. Good reliable Toyota that I know will run forever.

iM a fan
By Austin

2016 Scion iM Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This was my first new car purchase and don't regret choosing the scion iM. I'm averaging 34 miles with combined driving, I love the interior and exterior of the car. I travel a lot, most of my trips are about seven hours long and I haven't experienced any discomforts other than a gas pedal that feels a little small to my foot but I've already gotten adjusted to it. Blue tooth works great and the speakers are amazing! I also found driving this car to be quite fun, it's fast enough for me (that's not saying much since I'm a slow driver) and the turning is very good (and that's saying something with me). I've had this car for about four months and I already have over 7,000 miles on the odometer with no issues whatsoever.