The most smiles per mile
By buhlonee on
2013 Scion FR-S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
Purchased my Asphalt Grey FR-S 6-speed manual in June of 2012. Traded up from a 2002 WRx (original owner), and while I miss the all-wheel drive and turbo rush, my FR-S just makes me smile every time I'm behind the wheel. Mine is primarily used as a weekend fun car, and I argue that there is nothing out on the road today that is even close in price that makes you feel as connected to the pure, visceral driving experience as this $24K gem. The steering is easily controlled, the shifter is perfect and the engine grumble is nice (I'm a sucker for boxster engines). I would not use this as a daily driver, but as a second car, it is just perfect.
Favorite Features
Shifter, steering, balance, sightlines, inspired confidence through the twisties (with new wheels/tires - see suggested improvements) and storage space with rear seats (a loose term in this car) folded down. This is truly a drivers car and is rewarding at various levels of driving talent. It is wicked fun with the stability control and VTC turned off.
Suggested Improvements
Dealer offered tire and wheel upgrades would be nice. The original OEMs are fun for about a week and then you want some additional grip and control in the twisties. The touch-screen radio is better than the std. (anything would be)but its is still a poor unit, esp. in bright sunlight. A center armrest would be nice for longer drives, but I've purchased an after-market unit that fits nicely into the cup holders. Lastly, a center dash storage nook would be nice as there is literally no storage in any useful location. Beside the tires/wheels, these are all just nit-picky complaints.
By busybeak
on 09/15/13 10:05 AM (PDT)

where did you buy an after market center armrest? Thanks.