Overall very disappointing
By garrett2000 on
2013 Scion FR-S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I have the 6 speed manual. There are 2 main problems with the car, the first being the severe lack of power. Scion claims this car has 200 HP, I beg to differ, it's lucky if it has 150. The acceleration is absolutely terrible, and the hesitation off the line makes the situation even worse. However, once it's in 3rd gear or later, it does get a little better. The other thing that bothers me about the car is the transmission grinds when shifting from 1st to 2nd, and from 2nd to 3rd. It doesn't happen every time, but happens enough to be severely annoying. The only redeeming quality of the car is the styling. It looks like a sports car, but that's where the similarity ends.
Favorite Features
Styling on the inside and out is superb. People stop me and comment all the time about how good it looks. They also say it looks very fast, and then I tell them that looks can be deceiving. The comfort of the seats is great, they really wrap you up and hold you as soon as you sit into them. As long as you're not driving, you'll feel like you're sitting in a sports car. My car came with the touchscreen stereo, which I really like. The sound quality is great and the Bluetooth is easy to set up and works well.
Suggested Improvements
Two words: More Power Why Toyota decided to put this gutless 2.0 engine in the car is beyond me. My guess is that in later model years they will be forced to offer an engine upgrade to remedy the issue once and for all.