So Fun Firestorm Red
By jlennox on
2013 Scion FR-S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
If you love to drive and your not carrying more than a passenger next to you then this is a superb handling ride at a great price. I could not get out of this car the first two days of ownership. Limited availability but if you find one you like and aren't so concerned about color then buy it. They go fast out the door. I traded my lumbering gas guzzler Tacoma 4X4 and don't have any regrets. took two trips. One to Tucson from Phoenix mostly highway some city and got 33.4 mpg. Then on the second day I got 35.5 mostly highway with a/c on the whole time. That's better than my Yaris! I suppose the aerodynamics help. The seats a snug but comfortable. The pioneer stereo cranks.
Favorite Features
The handling is the best I have ever experienced. feels like a mini corvette the way the fenders look up at you from the drivers seat. Sound of engine is awesome. Intereior is simple art deco with scion knobs. Like the tach in the middle with digital speedo. You can drive it in any of the six gears ant any speed over 2000 rpms. Or redline it in every gear at 7500 rpm to really make it run. Motor purrs. Tracktion control has three settings. I like it to turn it off sometimes to slide into corners or to do a burnout. Juvenile I know. This car wil put a smile on your face for sure.
Suggested Improvements
The interior is to much like my Yaris and Corolla sharing the same knobs. But the pricepoint is there. Sound system was confusing at first. Leather option would be nice. But again this is an entry level price for a car that handles like a Porsche. Needs a cargo net. Your groceries will be all over the place.