2013 Scion FR-S Consumer Review: Amazing Car For the Money

2013 Scion FR-S - Consumer Review

Amazing Car For the Money
By rudycassap on

2013 Scion FR-S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Lucky for us, Toyota put this under the Scion brand so dealers cannot mark it up. I live in the Los Angeles area and cars still disappear from some dealers lots in a matter of a day or two. I did accept the fact that the dealer installed Lojack. Got mine in Asphalt Black (dark grey metallic, really) with the rear wing and TRD exhaust installed from the factory. I had test driven a car with the stock exhaust. While the TRD exhaust has a beautiful note, it makes it difficult to have a conversation with a passenger. Still, I would take the exhaust over stock. Seats are supportive and instrument gauges are perfect (very much like Porsche). Car reminds me of a Lotus - light, small, minimalist.

6-speed manual, Boxer engine rumble with TRD exhaust, Looks great in Asphalt with rear spoiler, and the added shark fin antenna. The stock wheels actually match the exterior color. Light weight with very direct steering. Awesome feedback and rear wheel drive make it a pleasure. Agree that natural-aspirated engine is the way to go as the throttle response is so direct. Yes, a very fun car for the streets (would need some mods for a track). It is refreshing to see Toyota head back in this direction while BMW moves away from it. Car gets attention from M5 owners and girls who think it's an exotic (I guess it kind of is).

Keep the car as is - I hear they may tweak the interior which probably means more weight. I