Best Driver's Car
By worldrally17 on
2013 Scion FR-S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
Don't listen to everybody who berates this car. Those are the people who don't understand its purpose. After 10,000 miles through 6 states and Canada, I can tell you this car is great in every single circumstance. City, highway, straight road, twisty road, road course, etc. I can get 34mpg on the highway, and average 31mpg even with some autocrosses and track days sprinkled in. You can fit a 6' person in the back as long as the front passenger is willing to give up some leg room. I honestly test drove every single new car with a manual transmission under $25k and this was by far my favorite.
Favorite Features
31mpg average. Handling is outstanding. Most new cars understeer at the limit, but this car is perfectly neutral. Seats are very supportive. Hood opens beyond 90 degrees making it very easy to work on. Oil filter is on the top of the engine, making oil changes extremely easy. For a coupe the trunk space is very good, especially with the rear seat folded flat. Interior quality is great. Much better than my previous car (2006 Mazda 3).
Suggested Improvements
Lumbar support. Center armrest. Personally I think it should be a little louder from the factory. Stereo is only adequate. Paint quality is not very good. Paint chips starting showing up much earlier and more frequently than in my Mazda.