2009 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
Nothing but trouble
By jleemc on 08/19/10 10:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had nothing but trouble since I bought this vehicle. Even had to be towed once. The check engine light stays on all the time and they cannot fix it. I drove a rental more than I drove the vue for the first year I owned it because it stayed in the shop. Currently at only 50,000 miles the starter has gone out. The vehicle also gets poor gas mileage compared to other comparable SUVs. Not only am I done with Saturn. I'm done with GM. GM is not standing by their product that I have had trouble out of since the day I bought it. It also has very limited passenger space when compared to other similar vehicle.

Best Value for the Money
By 2009 on 01/31/10 21:30 PM (PST)

2009 Saturn VUE XE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I don't understand expert reviews that say the 2.4 Ecotect motor in the Vue is underpowered. Ward's Auto World rates GM's 2.4-liter Ecotec as one of the best engines built in America. While not a dragster or a muscle car it has plenty of power to get on the freeway. It defiantly is not sluggish espesially from a stand still. Its gas mileage is better than expected at 26 miles per gallon city/freeway. We are past owners of Cadillac’s. Mama has not had to give up any luxuries. In fact some of it's standard features are options on other sub-compact crossovers you have to pay extra for. We really do not feel we could have found a better value for the money. So far we couldn't be happier.

Best Value for the Money
By Grandpa Phillips on 01/22/10 21:02 PM (PST)

2009 Saturn VUE XE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Plenty of power. Runs like a scalded dog. Have absoulutly no problem getting on the freeway or passing. 1st tank of gas used in city and freeway 23.5 MPG. 2nd tank 24 MPG. Can't wait to see what it will get on a trip. Wife loves the blue tooth, XM radio, premium trim, leather heated power seats. Pleanty of room front and back. Lots of head room too. Looks better than than most other compact SUV's inside and out. Was thinking about buying a Cadillac SRX but MPG wasn't that great. Drove a Toyota CRV but the seats were too hard. Some expert reviews just don't do it justice. Personally I think it beats all other compact SUV's hands down. In fact I may just have buy another one.

I Love my Vue!
By Debbie on 12/29/09 17:02 PM (PST)

2009 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been looking at the Vue for quite a while now. When I was researching SUV's I always went back to the Vue. I am not sorry. I love it. The gas mileage, for an SUV, is quite good. I am just sorry that GM has chosen to rid itself of Saturn. Shame on them and shame on Penske for not taking it over. It's your loss.

So far so good
By dmzempr on 12/15/09 06:47 AM (PST)

2009 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased this car used with low miles on it. Excited to see how it handles. So far I love the interior, the solidness of the build and the way it looks. Its really starting to shine. I'll be doing some good detailing on it since I am somewhat compulsive when it comes to cars. Replacing a '05 Ford Escape base model. I don't think even the '09 version of the Escape XLT matches this car.

awesome
By mark on 12/01/09 19:00 PM (PST)

2009 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought my v6 vue loaded with leather, I just can't say enough about it, I don't know why people says it gets bad gas milage, I am getting 27.5 mile per gallon on highway not bad for an suv and did I mention the power 257 hp wow and the 6 speed transmission is great. Too bad this company is going bye bye. The only thing this suv should have is seperate climate controls. So, if you are looking for a great suv with great looks, handling and power don't hesitate go and get yourself the xr v6 sat vue now before it is too late.

Tankfully this one is gone
By Scahill on 11/30/09 04:27 AM (PST)

2009 Saturn VUE XE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I cannot stand this vehicle. Build quality is substandard, even for GM. Engineering leaves much to be desired. Car shakes, rattles, and rolls, not in a good sense. Much cheap interior plastic. GM could not even make the spare tire placement effective. GM's fabulous engineers placed the spare is a position to remove much of the storage in the rear. Compare to the more well- engineered vehicles in this class and see what real engineers can accomplish. I will have a hard time disposing of this mess since GM cannot even give this brand away.

Fantastic SUV
By Ryan Z. on 10/27/09 05:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I waited a long time to buy this car, but I'm glad I did. Everything you could want in an SUV you get with the Saturn Vue. I bought the XR V-6 with a couple of options, but nothing fancy. I love the way it drives, handles, and the way you feel like your a part of the car when you sitting in the drivers seat. The interior is set up beautifully. The V- 6 engine is strong and gives the car plenty of power. Everyone that sees this car can't believe its a Saturn. Bravo Saturn.

Great SUV
By Ryan Z. on 10/22/09 10:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Waited for over a year before making my purchase. The 2009 VUE XR has everything I could ever want in a car. Great smooth ride, excellent interior features. I enjoy having everything at my finger tips. I love the exterior look of the 2009. All my neighbors do a double take b/c they can't believe its a Saturn. 99% of my miles are highway, so the MPG isn't that big od deal to me. The XR V-6 engine is powerful and smooth. The shifting is so smooth you can't tell how fast your going until you look at the speedometer. Ride in this car is like a luxury car. I highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a new SUV.

Saturn wins Clunker Lottery
By New Saturn Owner on 10/14/09 20:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Forced to trade in my 99 Durango Cash4Clunkers after getting rear-ended and getting more damage than 'Ol Reliable was worth. After shopping ALL crossovers except for the Mazdas (ran out of time and the dealers were running out of inventory), I settled on V6 Saturn Vue FWD. 2000 miles into it, I've found: 1) It is very attractive on outside; 2) Very attractive on inside 3) Plenty of power in a small ride 3) Plenty of cargo and room for 5. 4) Transmission timing seems rought in 2nd gear 5) Gas mileage is not that great. Around 20-22 MPG, mix town/hiway. 6) Remain convinced that I got the best deal on wheels at the time. All in for about $22,600 after clunker and dealer cash.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Saturn VUE in VA is:

$111 per month*