Used 2009 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Nothing but trouble
By jleemc

2009 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had nothing but trouble since I bought this vehicle. Even had to be towed once. The check engine light stays on all the time and they cannot fix it. I drove a rental more than I drove the vue for the first year I owned it because it stayed in the shop. Currently at only 50,000 miles the starter has gone out. The vehicle also gets poor gas mileage compared to other comparable SUVs. Not only am I done with Saturn. I'm done with GM. GM is not standing by their product that I have had trouble out of since the day I bought it. It also has very limited passenger space when compared to other similar vehicle.

Cute on the outside

Drive them all into a landfill and walk away.

Best Value for the Money
By 2009

2009 Saturn VUE XE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I don't understand expert reviews that say the 2.4 Ecotect motor in the Vue is underpowered. Ward's Auto World rates GM's 2.4-liter Ecotec as one of the best engines built in America. While not a dragster or a muscle car it has plenty of power to get on the freeway. It defiantly is not sluggish espesially from a stand still. Its gas mileage is better than expected at 26 miles per gallon city/freeway. We are past owners of Cadillacís. Mama has not had to give up any luxuries. In fact some of it's standard features are options on other sub-compact crossovers you have to pay extra for. We really do not feel we could have found a better value for the money. So far we couldn't be happier.

The Vue's 5 year/100,000 Drive Train Warrantee. The Vue's quietness, its comfortable reclinging front and rear seats, its sporty wheels, it's standard features, its luxury, looks and safety rating other sub-compacts did not offer for the same money.

We don't care much for the locking Tilt Steering Wheel Lever. While it is functional a different type would have been better for entry and exiting. I really think all auto manufacturers should be required include a fish-eye mirror built-into side mirrors to eliminate any blind spots.

Best Value for the Money
By Grandpa Phillips

2009 Saturn VUE XE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Plenty of power. Runs like a scalded dog. Have absoulutly no problem getting on the freeway or passing. 1st tank of gas used in city and freeway 23.5 MPG. 2nd tank 24 MPG. Can't wait to see what it will get on a trip. Wife loves the blue tooth, XM radio, premium trim, leather heated power seats. Pleanty of room front and back. Lots of head room too. Looks better than than most other compact SUV's inside and out. Was thinking about buying a Cadillac SRX but MPG wasn't that great. Drove a Toyota CRV but the seats were too hard. Some expert reviews just don't do it justice. Personally I think it beats all other compact SUV's hands down. In fact I may just have buy another one.

Value, power, looks, great gas mileage, ride, quietness, xmradio, voice recognition bluetooth, 5 year/100,000 drive train warrantee, and money saved.

GM should rethink their decision to stop making Saturns.

I Love my Vue!
By Debbie

2009 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been looking at the Vue for quite a while now. When I was researching SUV's I always went back to the Vue. I am not sorry. I love it. The gas mileage, for an SUV, is quite good. I am just sorry that GM has chosen to rid itself of Saturn. Shame on them and shame on Penske for not taking it over. It's your loss.

The exterior looks.

Better windshield wiper controls.

So far so good
By dmzempr

2009 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased this car used with low miles on it. Excited to see how it handles. So far I love the interior, the solidness of the build and the way it looks. Its really starting to shine. I'll be doing some good detailing on it since I am somewhat compulsive when it comes to cars. Replacing a '05 Ford Escape base model. I don't think even the '09 version of the Escape XLT matches this car.

engine power bluetooth phone system on 2009's power everything interior styling low road noise

memory pedals would have been the best. our youkon xl has them and they are awesome.