Used 2008 Saturn VUE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Saturn VUE SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

If you take care of your car, it will take care of you.
By thenatural54

2008 Saturn VUE SUV XE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Vue in 2010, and it had 56,000 miles on it. Here we are in 2015, and I now have over 245,000 miles on it. I have been proactive in maintaining the car. Tuneups were done before required. Same with brakes. I used synthetic oil during the entire time I've had it. The only unexpected repairs were: 1. Radiator (at 215K) 2. Transmission (at 245K) 3. Starter (at 247K) I just put the car up for sale, but I have to say that I've read some bad reviews for this SUV, and I can only think that those people who've complained about it didn't take care of their cars. Too bad, it's a great car, as far as I'm concerned.

Solid ride (no rattles), decent standard sound system

Now that it's no longer a Saturn Vue (it's a Chevy Captiva)I would suggest adding a little more leg room. I've average sized (6' tall), and I have to say that I felt a little cramped at times.

Most Reliable SUV I've Owned!
By rdsteve23

2008 Saturn VUE SUV XE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this SUV for my family vehicle for my wife to drive with our 2 kids. We take it on trips out of town, and she drives it around town. We both love it. We bought it brand new almost 7 years ago, and have had no problems. It gets decent gas milage while also giving ample power, especially for a 4 cylinder. It drives smooth and has plenty of room for our family of 4, plus sometimes we throw our big german shepherd in the back too. The exterior looks great and has held up well, as well as the interior (looks very upscale). It is very comfortable to drive, handles very well, and doesn't have a lot of road noise either. I am very impressed with Saturn, it's just too bad they went under...

I like that Saturn thought of a few things about the vehicle when they made it. For instance, the driver side window has extra power than the other windows, I think due to the fact that they know this one wears out first on vehicles. Also the drivers seat feels very comfortable with lumbar support, as well as the center console arm that extends to give you a good feel while driving. It has traction control, and disc brakes for all 4 wheels so your in maximum control (most vehicles only have 2 discs and 2 drums). The back of the front seats also have hard plastic guarding with a storage net to protect the back seat from kicking kids, and has storage areas through out the SUV.

The cup holders in the front seats are not very good, and the center console is a bit small, so I gave it a 4 star interior rating instead of 5. Also you can only lock/unlock the doors from the drivers seat, which can be annoying if the front passenger wants to lock/unlock from inside. Other than those minor things, this SUV rocks!

Don't - just don't....
By 4norm79

2008 Saturn VUE SUV Red Line 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After owning this car for the past two years, I must caution anyone who is contemplating purchasing one. The car I bought was a "certified" vehicle with a 12 month/12000 warranty. Warning, that's not enough protection. Repairs done so far:transmission replacement, front engine cover, brake sensor malfunction, ignition replacement, body control module failure, ignition control module failure and two dead batteries. Save yourself some time, money and frustration and buy yourself a decent car.

Acceleration

Had it 1 day...feel like we struck gold (so far)
By zionadams

2008 Saturn VUE SUV XE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove a lot of cars, over about a one year period. I took them on freeways, up hills, even off-roading in one instance. This car was the winner. We bought an XE with 62k miles on it, that's got all the options of an XR with the smaller 2.4 motor. My sports car freak husband, who is 6'7" tall, loves it. We are not small people but this car fits our frames fine. Our needs for a good value combined with a solid feel were met, we hope, in the VE. The mileage estimates are 25/30. On the freeway, it does 85 without hesitation. No vibration, no lag in shifting. The engine is quiet, but not just because it's small. It's just a quiet vehicle, even the air system is quiet when blowing.

The leg room and head room are ample, lengthwise. I like to lean my legs to the side (I'm 5'6" tall) and I wish it were a little wider but that's true for all but the fullest size SUV's I test drove. Overall, the dimensions of the cab will comfortably fit fluffy chicks and tall guys alike. The ergonomically designed dash is what sold me on the interior. Classic styling will appeal to grown ups; this car is sold as the Opel SUV in Europe. The full front/back leather seats are beautiful. Doors are trimmed in leather. The multi-compartment center console is nice. No big blind spots so far. Very comparable to the Jeep Compass, with a slightly shorter bed. Feels more Euro than Asian.

So far, I'd say there aren't a lot of improvements I'd suggest. I was picky and this car checked all my boxes. It's comparable in quality to a high end Chrysler or the tricked out Kia SUV. If I could reposition the center console, I'd move it forward 6", so that my forearm were better rested, but pushing the seat back solves the issue. I do wish there'd been a larger concealed area under the trunk/tailgate area. There's 2 binnies large enough to keep dog toys or even work boots, around the spare tire edges. But, not large enough to hide an overnight bag. This feels like a woman's car but guys will enjoy it too. Now, let's just hope the motor holds up...I'll be back!

Saturn Vue XR built in Mexico
By saturncrap

2008 Saturn VUE SUV XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I own a 2008 saturn vue xr...with 70000 km on it.. what i have replaced. Battery on the first week I had it..and it goes on. Brake Booster/ total braking system with pedals Igniton switch/wiper motors /sway bar links. Now leaking transmission/and moisture inside the windows in the winter This was an expensive purchase ..hoping to keep this vehicle for a few more years.. $ 35,000.00 purchase.

Nice to drive / I like the looks of this vehicle

I don't know where to start. Not sure about purchasing another GM product. Althow this was assembled in Mexico. Maybe the new ChevyTrax built in canada will be better. Should I take the chance.