Used 2008 Saturn VUE SUV Consumer Reviews - 195 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Saturn VUE SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Saturn VUE SUV

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Saturn VUE
By Shirley Schoenfeld

2008 Saturn VUE SUV XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have always loved this car. Just checking trade-in value, should I trade for a newer vehicle - am looking for a similar vehicle

First car
By Rikki

2008 Saturn VUE SUV XE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car in 2013 as a surprise since I was going to college the next year. I was extremely excited and absolutely loved it. It's been reliable and has never failed me 3 years later. I don't think I could trade this car because it has been good to me. My family loves it and my grandfather that owns many muscle cars and worked at a car dealership said it's a nice little vehicle. I live in Indiana so we get a lot of snow and this little car only being front wheel drive had done great, haven't gotten it stuck once. We drove through a foot of snow in it and it did very well, obviously you have to be cautious and make good choices with driving a two wheel drive in the snow but we did it. The car has great speakers, but I ended up getting a touch screen installed because I wanted to use the Bluetooth and not have to pay I star to talk through the car when I got a call. I do recommend getting a new radio installed because it looks great but the factory radio works very well also. Over all this car is everything I could've asked for especially being a college student.

The Way things should be
By Andrew Stahl

2008 Saturn VUE SUV XE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Test drive ask about vehicle history

Great mid-sized SUV
By Sophia

2008 Saturn VUE SUV XE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive handles the hills and curvy roads in our town like a champ! The Storage is awesome and the fir is open and roomy. Great style and looks!

If you take care of your car, it will take care of you.
By thenatural54

2008 Saturn VUE SUV XE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Vue in 2010, and it had 56,000 miles on it. Here we are in 2015, and I now have over 245,000 miles on it.

I have been proactive in maintaining the car. Tuneups were done before required. Same with brakes. I used synthetic oil during the entire time I've had it.

The only unexpected repairs were:
1. Radiator (at 215K)
2. Transmission (at 245K)
3. Starter (at 247K)

I just put the car up for sale, but I have to say that I've read some bad reviews for this SUV, and I can only think that those people who've complained about it didn't take care of their cars. Too bad, it's a great car, as far as I'm concerned.

Solid ride (no rattles), decent standard sound system

Now that it's no longer a Saturn Vue (it's a Chevy Captiva)I would suggest adding a little more leg room. I've average sized (6' tall), and I have to say that I felt a little cramped at times.