Used 2008 Saturn VUE XR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Love this SUV!
By jimbodean

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had quite a few different vehicles over the years. I traded in a 2009 Malibu, loved the car but have knee trouble and could not climb out of it anymore as it was too low to the ground. Looked at all the small SUV's and nothing compared to the Vue. Gas mileage is adequate compared to the wife's 2009 Dodge Journey R/T. She actually likes driving the view more than her car as she says it looks like a Lexus. 47,000 miles on it and still drives like a dream. I would by another if they were still making them.

Exterior looks, comfort, ride, power

Love it!
By Jason

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my VUE after owning 2 body on frame SUVs and wasn't sure if I would like it. Turns out, I love it! Love the smooth ride, smooth powertrain, and performance. It's so quick, I take people by suprise at stop lights all the time. Love the manumatic transmission. Piled 4 family members and all their luggage for a week and went on a trip. Never noticed a change in performance. Love the exterior styling, stands out on the road. OnStar is awesome. I wish the front seats were wider and provided more lateral support. Heated seats are great. Love Auto Start. Foul weather stability is great. Stabilitrak and AWD are seamless. Handles Pacific Northwest winters with no problems. I feel safe in it.

OnStar, performance, exterior styling, headlight performance, interior styling, manumatic transmission, ride comfort, large glove box. Auto Start is a life saver on very hot and very cold days.

Wider front seats, I wish leather and moonroof were standard on XR trim. My only other suggestion is to bring Saturn back. They were awesome! If Saturn was still producing cars, my next vehicle would be a Saturn!

Conditional Love
By KCAT

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Fun car to drive and mostly comfortable. Cat loves riding on the heated seats. Have had some maintenance problems...hood release cable became twisted and snapped, power steering fluid leak, On-Star battery died, and now emission system light is going on...probably the gas tank cover needs replacing. Saturn dealership very good about fixing items covered by warranty. GM messed up in dropping Saturn. This vehicle model has real potential to outsell all other Crossovers if they would improve on its parts quality. It's just the right size, with excellent pick up and a lot of fun to drive. Someone should buy Saturn just to improve this model and keep it in production.

Pickup, fairly decent gas mileage for its size, lumbar support, XM radio, upscale exterior appearance, expanding cargo area when needed, just the right size for two people who may need to haul some large items, great visibility, tons of fun to drive

Better windshield wipers, better seats (longer and wider), CD changer, ability to open tailgate window, better quality leather seating and interior carpeting, compass, cup holders too low, power seat adjustment for passenger, better quality control and there'd be a backlog of buyers for this model

Very car like SUV
By a0000z

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After two Audi's, I thought this may be a big step down, but after a couple of months I am very impressed with this vehicle. Very refined ride, great passing speeds.

AWD, 6 speed shift.

gas mileage, cup holders. No basic computer functions like range, mileage.

A DRIVE WITH A VUE
By Gary

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Vue for 14 months and have not experienced any mechanical or electrical problems. The V-6 is a very good engine and has plenty of power. It handled great in the snow last winter. The only complaints I have are the tires seem to be wearing out faster than I would have anticipated even though they are filled with nitrogen gas and maintains the recommended pressure in both hot and cold weather. The rear cargo cover gets in the way of hauling larger items. I like the exterior and interior styling. I'm glad I got the V- 6 AWD. I did my research before I bought and was a little scared that the 4 cylinder would not be powerful enough for the weight of the vehicle

XM radio, heated cloth seats, heated windshield washer nozzles and rain sensing wipers.

Make the rear cargo cover easier to remove.