2008 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
Love this SUV!
By jimbodean on 11/05/11 20:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had quite a few different vehicles over the years. I traded in a 2009 Malibu, loved the car but have knee trouble and could not climb out of it anymore as it was too low to the ground. Looked at all the small SUV's and nothing compared to the Vue. Gas mileage is adequate compared to the wife's 2009 Dodge Journey R/T. She actually likes driving the view more than her car as she says it looks like a Lexus. 47,000 miles on it and still drives like a dream. I would by another if they were still making them.

Love it!
By Jason on 07/17/10 12:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my VUE after owning 2 body on frame SUVs and wasn't sure if I would like it. Turns out, I love it! Love the smooth ride, smooth powertrain, and performance. It's so quick, I take people by suprise at stop lights all the time. Love the manumatic transmission. Piled 4 family members and all their luggage for a week and went on a trip. Never noticed a change in performance. Love the exterior styling, stands out on the road. OnStar is awesome. I wish the front seats were wider and provided more lateral support. Heated seats are great. Love Auto Start. Foul weather stability is great. Stabilitrak and AWD are seamless. Handles Pacific Northwest winters with no problems. I feel safe in it.

Conditional Love
By KCAT on 11/20/09 07:36 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Fun car to drive and mostly comfortable. Cat loves riding on the heated seats. Have had some maintenance problems...hood release cable became twisted and snapped, power steering fluid leak, On-Star battery died, and now emission system light is going on...probably the gas tank cover needs replacing. Saturn dealership very good about fixing items covered by warranty. GM messed up in dropping Saturn. This vehicle model has real potential to outsell all other Crossovers if they would improve on its parts quality. It's just the right size, with excellent pick up and a lot of fun to drive. Someone should buy Saturn just to improve this model and keep it in production.

Very car like SUV
By a0000z on 08/07/09 10:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After two Audi's, I thought this may be a big step down, but after a couple of months I am very impressed with this vehicle. Very refined ride, great passing speeds.

A DRIVE WITH A VUE
By Gary on 05/15/09 14:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Vue for 14 months and have not experienced any mechanical or electrical problems. The V-6 is a very good engine and has plenty of power. It handled great in the snow last winter. The only complaints I have are the tires seem to be wearing out faster than I would have anticipated even though they are filled with nitrogen gas and maintains the recommended pressure in both hot and cold weather. The rear cargo cover gets in the way of hauling larger items. I like the exterior and interior styling. I'm glad I got the V- 6 AWD. I did my research before I bought and was a little scared that the 4 cylinder would not be powerful enough for the weight of the vehicle

So far so good!
By Buggs on 04/16/09 17:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the saturn after my FIL rented a 08 vue and hit a Large Buck in WI. He an 2 others WALKED away from the accident. I had driven a Lexus before and loved it, but did not want to part with 40K for a 330 this time. 6+ months later I still and very happy, I dorve the Honda CRV (2009 made and shipped from Japan...NOT an option) and looked at plenty of other options, but went with the Vue due to my FIL. The price was great and I know my kids and myself are safe. I am a small girl so interior space is not a problem. All and all I am happy, any problems have been addressed by my local dealer....Nothing major, just minor things.

Enjoy the Vue
By crazykz on 04/01/09 13:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My Vue handles great, especially in the snow. It has ample power, but I do wish there was some way to have that power and get decent gas mileage at the same time. The interior is quiet and comfortable, although on longer rides the seat hurts the backs of my legs. Cargo space is impressive for a small SUV - has more room than my husband's BMW X3. I do wish I had a sun roof.

Less is more
By Lars on 03/13/09 16:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this '08 model in January '09. It was a demo but had only 60 miles. I've still has only driven it for approx 2000 miles, but so far so good. As quite a few mention, the front seat could have been slightly more generous. From before I have a '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9L V8 and the only thing that can compare, is the performance! The Vue and I are usually long ahead of the rest, leaving the red light. The Vue is nice and "tight", while the G.C. is like a ship in high sea. Are however more pleased with the automatic AC in the G.C. The VUE's automatic AC feels to be of a "cheaper" type. However, it gets the car cool. And since it's only a crossover and not a real SUV, it has it's limitations.

Happy and Sad
By HappyAndSad on 01/24/09 04:44 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I picked up my '08 Vue at the end of the '08 redtag event. It was a demo, so it had a couple thousand miles on it, but that also helped make the car extremely affordable. I love the look and the feel of the car. I traded in a VW Rabbit for the car, so this has 100 more HP and the AWD makes the winter weather conditions almost nonexistent. Despite everything I love about the car, it broke down on me within 500 miles of purchase. The dealership said that the computer logged nearly 900 codes, but that once they were cleared they could not identify the specific problem and chalked it up as symphony of glitches at occurred at the same time. Needless to say, my fingers are crossed.

Had for a week, then towed away.
By Bummed Out... on 11/26/08 07:39 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been researching small SUVs for quite some time. I decided on a used 2008 Saturn VUE V6 AWD, then went for a beautiful XR with leather. After I drove it off the lot, the check engine light came on. Saturn serviced it and found a faulty electrical relay. A few days later, it was dead in my garage. A flatbed had to come take it to the Saturn dealership. They said my battery is testing fine, and don't know the problem...I'm now back to driving my 96 Escort. I love the VUE, but am very disappointed. Thank God for the warranty.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.