2008 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
Had it 1 day...feel like we struck gold (so far)
By zionadams on 02/22/13 04:27 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn VUE XE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove a lot of cars, over about a one year period. I took them on freeways, up hills, even off-roading in one instance. This car was the winner. We bought an XE with 62k miles on it, that's got all the options of an XR with the smaller 2.4 motor. My sports car freak husband, who is 6'7" tall, loves it. We are not small people but this car fits our frames fine. Our needs for a good value combined with a solid feel were met, we hope, in the VE. The mileage estimates are 25/30. On the freeway, it does 85 without hesitation. No vibration, no lag in shifting. The engine is quiet, but not just because it's small. It's just a quiet vehicle, even the air system is quiet when blowing.

Saturn Vue XR built in Mexico
By saturncrap on 12/04/12 16:43 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I own a 2008 saturn vue xr...with 70000 km on it.. what i have replaced. Battery on the first week I had it..and it goes on. Brake Booster/ total braking system with pedals Igniton switch/wiper motors /sway bar links. Now leaking transmission/and moisture inside the windows in the winter This was an expensive purchase ..hoping to keep this vehicle for a few more years.. $ 35,000.00 purchase.

Sad Sad Sad
By lostinslc on 11/02/12 12:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE XE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this 08 Saturn Vue brand new, first car ever I was able to take off the showroom floor. As a 22 year GM dedicated consumer I felt I was in good hands, boy I was wrong. In 4 years I have replaced the tires three times, the power steering pump twice, the engine mounts, and the battery fried out after one year. GM won't back their repairs and their product and they expect us to be happy with a $30,000 vehicle that keeps breaking down. Sorry to say, I may become a Ford man now, goodbye GM.

Not a bad Vue from here
By 4norm78 on 08/27/12 22:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE Red Line 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2008 Certified Pre Owned (CPO) Saturn Vue Redline a month ago with 47,000 miles on it. The five year, 50,000 mile warranty was done, but the 12 month, 12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty tagged with free regular maintenance for 2 years or 24,000 miles made up for it. I’ve been averaging over 19 mpg driving on my 12 mile loop to work each day. I did get a rather curious mpg reading driving around Arizona. From Phoenix to Prescott, going up the mountain, the car was getting 19 mpg. Going done the mountain, the car registered 29 mpg, averaging just short of 25 mpg for the trip. Driving from Phoenix to Tucson, which is relatively flat, the car only got 19 mpg. I looked at the XR model, but I liked the upgraded Redline interior much better. The car rides rather firm, but smooth. The engine has adequate pick up, but the transmission does seem to hunt for the right gear from time to time. No problem with the A/C, but I did have to take the car in for repairs to the passenger side windshield wiper – twice. My car has the remote start and rain sensing options. I’m having no problems finding parts. Found a new cargo shade for less than the dealer price, delivered with no sales tax. When shopping, I looked at RX 330’s and 350’s, but the prices were just too high for a high mileage Lexus that uses premium gas and you see one of them every time you turn your head. The Saturn is out of production, but the current Chevy version of the car provides dealer service and warranty work options.

ETC problems
By torres7 on 12/19/11 16:10 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car new in 2008 and the service I received from saturn was great, but now they are no longer here. I have a problem with the ETC light coming on and my brakes lock. I thought this would be under the warranty . But the GM dealer wants $$$$ to check the problem first and then I know I'll be seeing a bigger bill for the repairs and on top of that I have three items on recall which I never received any notice.

So Far So Good
By gtimes2 on 12/04/11 09:49 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a used 2008 Vue XR with 43K miles.Compared to all others out there, this was a really good buy! 1 owner Carfax with no history of any issues...hopefully that holds true.Love the look and the feel when driving. Rides better than the Hyundai Santa Fe we test drove. Rides a little harder when I'm the passenger. Seats could be a little softer and the cloth does stain easily, leather was my preference, but not in my budget. Gas mileage on V6 not so great 16-18, but it has more get up and go than the slug 4 cylinder we drove. So far, I really enjoy this SUV, almost as much as I did my 1993 Rodeo!

Love this SUV!
By jimbodean on 11/05/11 20:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had quite a few different vehicles over the years. I traded in a 2009 Malibu, loved the car but have knee trouble and could not climb out of it anymore as it was too low to the ground. Looked at all the small SUV's and nothing compared to the Vue. Gas mileage is adequate compared to the wife's 2009 Dodge Journey R/T. She actually likes driving the view more than her car as she says it looks like a Lexus. 47,000 miles on it and still drives like a dream. I would by another if they were still making them.

Saturn Good but not GM ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE!
By creativ1 on 11/05/11 10:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE XE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a sad story. I own a saturn vue 2008 xr and was very happy with it. Recently though...onstar came to give the car a jump because the battery would keep going out every 5 days or so. The man they sent through onstar was called "Wells Automotive Service" The young man crossed the jumpers on my car and messed up $600 on my car and blew out the 30 amp fuse, killed what was left of the batter and blew out the onstar batter for backup. However...roadside assistance did not rent me a car while it was at the dealer since October 16th 2011. They turned it over to the claims department and I got a claim number. The people at the claim's office said that they are only paying for $155 worth of da

Not Happy with my 2008 Saturn Vue
By joyous83 on 09/11/11 18:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE XE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car has given me nothing but trouble. I've lost count how many times it has been in the shop. I'm lucky that so far everything has been covered under the warranty. The wipers don't work right, have had problems with the AC, seats stain easily and many other problems. Now it's in the shop because the computer system needs to be replaced. This is the 1st time I have owned a GM car, not sure if I will purchase another one.

The good, bad and the ugly!
By cbruckner on 09/04/11 17:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE Red Line 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2008 Vue 14 months ago with 33,000. I loved the comfort ride and all the bells and whistles, with the heated leather seats and nice interior design. Other than having to change the battery, with under 50,000, I had no problems or issues. Until last week while I was driving home and the RPM's started reving up and going back down and then the transmission felt like it wasn't engaged and I was stranded alongside the road side waiting for a tow truck. Verdict...transmission needs to be pulled to determine the extent of the problems. Now I have a rental with no promise of when my vehicle will be up and running again. Thank God it is covered under the 100,000 power train warranty!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.