Used 2007 Saturn VUE Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saturn Vue - Consumer Reviews

2007 Saturn VUE Base

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Great automobile
By k796812

2007 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car new in 07. Other than routine maintenance I have had almost no problems at 150,000 miles. Surprisingly fast for what it is. I average approximately 25mpg on the highway.

GM Knew Better
By everyseason

2007 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2007 Saturn Vue 2.4L that the timing belt broke and caused my engine to fail. I am now looking at a $4000 repair bill. GM knew about this engine and the timing belt issues and still has refused to do anything about it. States have tried to get a recalls, however, GM has fought the issue. My engine blew going down the hwy. How safe is that. GM shame on you! I am embarrassed to be a granddaughter of a GM dealer for over 60 years. Never again will I or my family buy GM!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the issue with the cars

Bought Used Love It
By nicevue2007

2007 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I really like the car. The Honday V6 has plenty of power yet gets great mileage. A dependable car, but more suited for smaller people. Great for around town or short trips (3 hours). Again, probably more comfortable for smaller people. It's compact, interior space is decent, seats somewhat small. Good features, everything within reach for driver. Moderate road noise, car has a few interior noises mostly caused by plastic folding cargo box in back. Recommend for second family vehicle with small children or older couple. Not ideal for large people.

Favorite Features

Great mileage, handles well in traffic and parking. Cozy, lots of power, good asthetics. Dependable Honda engine/transmission. Low maintenance. Accomodations for child safety seats.

Suggested Improvements

Folding cargo tray in back needs noise dampening/anti-vibration. Slightly larger front seats. Rear seats lack support.

Best Little SUV Made
By pzimmer

2007 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd Vue. We bought one in '05, '06 and '07 and still own the 06 & 07. We love getting 28 mpg on trips and with a hitch, it pulls our 3000+ lb boat/trailer. The V6 is a Honda engine and has been perfect with lots of snap. It has lots of cargo room and has been our "truck" to carry "everything". Gotta love the plastic sides, dent free. We would buy the same vehicle again, but we can't find anything out there to compare. It has the right combination of features that we wanted. This vehicle was highly under rated. To us, it is the perfect small SUV.

Favorite Features

It has every feature we wanted. I like the electroluminescent rear view mirror with compass (it dims the headlights without moving it), leather heated front seats are great, 28 mpg on trips and lots of cargo space. It is one of only a few small SUVs that can pull a 3500 pound load. Honda engine.

Suggested Improvements

None. They should still continue to make this vehicle if only under a different brand.

New Old Review
By Mike F

2007 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm currently in the market to replace my Vue. I wanted to write this review to say how there really isn't anything on the market now that is better than this vehicle. If you compare what is important to me, Power, MPG, & Cargo Capacity, the Vue still has the crossover market of 2010 beat. I'm sure I can find something that is more comfortable and looks better, but the MPG/HP out there is terrible. And most don't have the cargo room. I'll keep looking, but I think I'm still ahead of the game 3.5 years later.

Favorite Features

250 HP and 22-24 mpg real world driving on every tank.

Suggested Improvements

Too Late!