2007 Saturn VUE Base - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
GM Knew Better
By everyseason on 01/09/14 12:44 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2007 Saturn Vue 2.4L that the timing belt broke and caused my engine to fail. I am now looking at a $4000 repair bill. GM knew about this engine and the timing belt issues and still has refused to do anything about it. States have tried to get a recalls, however, GM has fought the issue. My engine blew going down the hwy. How safe is that. GM shame on you! I am embarrassed to be a granddaughter of a GM dealer for over 60 years. Never again will I or my family buy GM!

Bought Used Love It
By nicevue2007 on 06/20/12 10:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I really like the car. The Honday V6 has plenty of power yet gets great mileage. A dependable car, but more suited for smaller people. Great for around town or short trips (3 hours). Again, probably more comfortable for smaller people. It's compact, interior space is decent, seats somewhat small. Good features, everything within reach for driver. Moderate road noise, car has a few interior noises mostly caused by plastic folding cargo box in back. Recommend for second family vehicle with small children or older couple. Not ideal for large people.

Best Little SUV Made
By pzimmer on 08/20/10 05:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd Vue. We bought one in '05, '06 and '07 and still own the 06 & 07. We love getting 28 mpg on trips and with a hitch, it pulls our 3000+ lb boat/trailer. The V6 is a Honda engine and has been perfect with lots of snap. It has lots of cargo room and has been our "truck" to carry "everything". Gotta love the plastic sides, dent free. We would buy the same vehicle again, but we can't find anything out there to compare. It has the right combination of features that we wanted. This vehicle was highly under rated. To us, it is the perfect small SUV.

New Old Review
By Mike F on 07/14/10 12:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm currently in the market to replace my Vue. I wanted to write this review to say how there really isn't anything on the market now that is better than this vehicle. If you compare what is important to me, Power, MPG, & Cargo Capacity, the Vue still has the crossover market of 2010 beat. I'm sure I can find something that is more comfortable and looks better, but the MPG/HP out there is terrible. And most don't have the cargo room. I'll keep looking, but I think I'm still ahead of the game 3.5 years later.

my saturn
By Bob on 12/29/09 16:56 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A fun car to drive. My experience has been a fuel mile average of 25mpg on a recent trip to central Oregon. I am very upset that GM has stopped production on this vehicle.

Good bang for your buck
By Vue Dude on 12/23/09 05:39 AM (PST)

2007 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I never in my wildest dreams thought of driving a Saturn. Then I took my last test drive of the 8 SUV's that I was looking at and fell in love with the power and smoothness of the V6. This SUV looks great in black and the interior is basic, but looks pretty good. The upgraded stereo has a good sound and the controls are simple and easy to use. It handles great in the snow and has enough power to get me up some steep hills while doing so. The dent resistant panels have also saved me some parking lot dings and dents living in an area with strip malls and shopping centers galore. I'm sad to see Saturn go and that is a concern for me whether I keep my car long term.

Worst new vechicle ever owned .
By Mike on 10/11/09 19:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a Saturn SL Car new in 2002 and it has been the one of the best vehicles we ever owned. So when it was time for a second vehicle,we thought we would try a VUE.Out the of ten brand new vehicles we have had,it has been the worst! Here are the parts that have been replaced: 3 strut mounts,1 strut,sway bar busings,tailgate rusted..painted 3 times in 18 months! both lower seat cushions..cracked, drivers seat mechanism..still rocks side to side, doors adjusted, weather stripping & cowl..for wind noise, pass side exterior door panel, rear end clutch pack,transmission torque converter..still growls between 1100- 1300. 28 months old..35,000miles! Maintained regularly and not abused.

Dissappointed
By Dawn Pike on 09/18/09 06:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I had a dud, however it seems I have the same view as everyone else. Labor day weekend 2008 I spent 4hours at the dealership while they replaced sway bar (8 months pregnant with a two year old) never once offered a loaner to get to our cabin. Ive had it in 7 times for the noise and it has never been fixed. Driving on the highway you need earplugs! We have had wheel bearings replaced,breaks every 6 months, and the customer service is terrible. I am a mother of 2, the car is driving responsibly. It is at the dealership now as I pulled out of the parking lot from work yesterday, and it lost complete power and would not take her gas. Every light on the dash was glowing. I'm frustrated!

Terrible Resale
By TCW on 09/08/09 12:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Saturn Vue after totaling my 2007 Altima (which I LOVED). I wish that I would've gotten something MUCH more stylish. It was decent on gas, but the road noise was too loud for me to even use my bluetooth headset to talk on the phone! I just got rid of it because I don't like the "soccer mom" look, and the resale value was AWFUL! I loved the service but need something MUCH cuter to drive.

After three years...
By Vince M on 09/03/09 07:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall it was a good vehicle, better than my 04 Vue. Quality is average, still a lot of cheap plastic throughout the interior. No major issues. Only a few trips to the dealer for minor repairs. Kids didn't like the back seat, not comfortable and not enough cup holders. mileage is OK but not great. Ending the lease soon and would consider buying the car if the price was right.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.