Used 2007 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews - 137 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

2007 Saturn VUE

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

A "BULLETPROOF" HONDA ENGINE IN A LOWER PRICED SUV
By OUTTHEDOORKING

2007 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

<span style="font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:11.0pt;
line-height:115%">The Saturn Vue is a great value in an suv. I strongly prefer and recommend the Honda 3.5 liter v6 version which boasts great power and legendary Honda dependability! The fit and finish on these vehicles is very good! I think they are undervalued and therefore a great buy!</span>

Do not buy this vehicle!
By Karen

2007 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Cannot tell you what I have spent on this since we bought it used in 2014. I very regretfully traded in my 2004 Ion for this money pit. It had just under 80k miles when we bought it and I have done a lot of maintenance and some repairs. Just had the alternator and battery replaced last week, which cost 1k, now it has trouble starting!! Getting checked out today and stomach is in knots wondering what the hell else is wrong. Done sinking money in this vehicle. Stay away from this truck!

Not a good idea
By Ben

2007 Saturn VUE Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

This car may have been a good idea when it was new, but it runs down a lot faster than expected. We've had to pay for more repairs than we thought when we originally purchased the car. Also, because the car is a hybrid, the engine is arranged differently than other models of the Vue, which means more expensive repairs. This means that even simple repairs almost always require taking it in to be serviced. Because Saturn only made this model for one year, parts are hard to come by, even for the dealer, which means that they cost more.

The fuel economy is a plus, but it's a trade-off. To get that kind of fuel economy, the car has an extra battery behind the back seat. This isn't that big, but Saturn must have thought so because the car doesn't come with a spare tire. It comes with a sealant kit that you use to refill your flat. However, if your tire ever shreds, you're out of luck.

It gets us from point A to point B, but the cost of the repairs have left a bad taste in our mouths.

$6000 in repairs, stay away. GM makes bad cars
By Fedup

2007 Saturn VUE Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Bought car with 20,000 miles. At 70,000, hybrid battery crapped out. At 90,000, engine needed to be replaced. At 107,000 transmission. At 110,000, fuel pump and now at 119,00, $1200 GM only alternator. Biggest headache and GM won't do a thing.

Saturn Vue Green Line - Reliable!
By Sally

2007 Saturn VUE Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I bought my 2007 Saturn Vue Green Line new, right off the showroom floor & it's been an extremely reliable vehicle for me. I've got 158,000 miles on it & it still runs great. Had some repairs once it got over 100k miles (air conditioning fan housing & front wheel bearings, & at 150k miles the shocks/struts) but it's been mechanically sound & had no other issues. The exhaust system is original & in great condition. And I love the "no rust" plastic outside - still looks nice. If Saturn was still in business, I'd buy another one when this one quits on me!