2007 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
GM Knew Better
By everyseason on 01/09/14 12:44 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2007 Saturn Vue 2.4L that the timing belt broke and caused my engine to fail. I am now looking at a $4000 repair bill. GM knew about this engine and the timing belt issues and still has refused to do anything about it. States have tried to get a recalls, however, GM has fought the issue. My engine blew going down the hwy. How safe is that. GM shame on you! I am embarrassed to be a granddaughter of a GM dealer for over 60 years. Never again will I or my family buy GM!

No problems ever
By bobv11 on 10/24/12 16:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn VUE Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Fifty thousand miles and never a problem. Gets routine maintenance as directed in the manual. My lifetime average for both city and highway driving is 24.5MPG. Great for a SUV!

Bought Used Love It
By nicevue2007 on 06/20/12 10:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I really like the car. The Honday V6 has plenty of power yet gets great mileage. A dependable car, but more suited for smaller people. Great for around town or short trips (3 hours). Again, probably more comfortable for smaller people. It's compact, interior space is decent, seats somewhat small. Good features, everything within reach for driver. Moderate road noise, car has a few interior noises mostly caused by plastic folding cargo box in back. Recommend for second family vehicle with small children or older couple. Not ideal for large people.

2007 Saturn Vue 5-speed Manual
By kwakkerhead on 12/24/11 10:18 AM (PST)

2007 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle new. I have had few problems with it. Ignition coil and (as a result) catalytic converter went out at about 90,000 miles. A/C developed leak at about 100k miles. No other problems. This has been a comfortable and reliable vehicle that I never hesitate to take on long trips. Cargo space is excellent. Comfort for driver and passengers is excellent. Styling is acceptable. Handling is good for a small SUV. Gas mileage is excellent, as I average about 26-27 miles per gallon. Has 125,000 miles and has shown no signs of wear on 4-cyl engine, which is very adequate mated to the 5-speed manual transmission. All things considered, this has been an overall excellent vehicle.

Awful Car!
By thatguy82 on 07/10/11 17:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in an '05 Ion for a brand new Vue in the Spring of 07. Initially I was happy with the purchase. It looked good and had a lot of cool features for the money (The convenience package included power heated seats, moonroof and steering wheel mounted controls). Well this happiness didn't last. The ignition was bad, the keys would get stuck and it became impossible to start on several occasions, in fact the service guys at the GM dealership could not get it started when it was brought in for oil changes. the heated seats stopped working, the power windows slip down and rattle, the ball bearings and brakes went bad and the rear lift gate began to rust and bubble under the chrome emblem.

Best Little SUV Made
By pzimmer on 08/20/10 05:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd Vue. We bought one in '05, '06 and '07 and still own the 06 & 07. We love getting 28 mpg on trips and with a hitch, it pulls our 3000+ lb boat/trailer. The V6 is a Honda engine and has been perfect with lots of snap. It has lots of cargo room and has been our "truck" to carry "everything". Gotta love the plastic sides, dent free. We would buy the same vehicle again, but we can't find anything out there to compare. It has the right combination of features that we wanted. This vehicle was highly under rated. To us, it is the perfect small SUV.

Problems
By warren smith on 08/04/10 09:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn VUE Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

The batteries for the elec eng have been replaced 2 times check eng light will go on after only a few miles after leaving the dealer when it has been reset gas cap has been replaced 2 times has been in for repairs 4 days after arriving in PA from Fl in July and now the ch eng light is back on will be returning to PA next wk for CT have a 3rd appointment with dealer to fix I hope I get 36 miles to a gal using cruise control at 65 and under when all is working I would suggest any one buying a hybrid car to get the extended warranty as I did

New Old Review
By Mike F on 07/14/10 12:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm currently in the market to replace my Vue. I wanted to write this review to say how there really isn't anything on the market now that is better than this vehicle. If you compare what is important to me, Power, MPG, & Cargo Capacity, the Vue still has the crossover market of 2010 beat. I'm sure I can find something that is more comfortable and looks better, but the MPG/HP out there is terrible. And most don't have the cargo room. I'll keep looking, but I think I'm still ahead of the game 3.5 years later.

OK
By John on 07/02/10 06:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The SUV looks really nice and it's a fun SUV to drive. At 54,000, I had to replace the wheel bearings and this was costly. I have also replaced the brakes three times since buying the truck.

Saturn Vue product low quality
By Rey on 06/06/10 10:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased 2007 Vue new and noise was experienced days after it was purchased. After several visits to the shop to identify and correct noise we decided to live with the noise. Two years later a vehicle started shuddering when stopping. After taking Vue to the shop 3-times we were told problem could not be identified. Shuddering is more prominent now especially when the reverse gear is on.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.