2006 Saturn VUE SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
I'm sad Saturn is phased out.
By surtrav3 on 03/31/11 07:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE SUV 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Vue used with 81,000 miles. Had minor work done on driver side door as it needed to be adjusted to keep the entry lights off. Replaced tie-ends. Very minor stuff. Bumps are a bit noisy but are just an undesired design feature as the mounts are easily loosened. It is not a safety issue at all. I have no problem with wind noise. I have read other reviews stating that the Vue does not handle well in the snow. I disagree with this and chalk it up as driver error. I have had no problems in our North Dakota winters at all. I've made it out of some pretty deep drifts and severe ice conditions.

Great car
By Michelle on 05/30/10 19:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE SUV 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great, especially for camping trips with my two large dogs and boyfriend. I've had only one minor problem with it. About one year in; the starter was sticking. I took it to the dealership to get it fixed (it was still under warranty) and I haven't had any problems with the car since. It's fun to drive, and feels more like a car than an SUV. The gas mileage is also pretty good for the size of the car. The turning radius is amazing, which helps in small spaces. All in all, I'm super happy with this vehicle. I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off!

I LOVE MY SATURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Kristyg327 on 11/05/09 20:24 PM (PST)

2006 Saturn VUE SUV 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 1st car that I have bought on my own. I have had it over 3 yrs n not one problem. Monica was PERFECT at her job. I have replaced my tiers a cpl mths ago. That's the only thing i have needed to do. I want to get a new one but I don't know if im ready to let go. :(

Pleasant Surprises!
By Jackie on 06/20/09 13:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE SUV 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Surprised performance and reliability. Didn't even want to look at the car when searching, but tried it and fell in love. Much like any car, it had a few issues, RT strut tower clunking, dealer fixed. At 49K torque converter went out, dealer fixed. Now I have annoying squeeking noises from tire areas. Volume down button on steering wheel changes channel, not sound. Road and wind noise from frt passenger door. Replaced tires rather quickly..less than 20K miles. Overall, love the performance and the look. Like it way better than 2005 models. Had some flaws, but great car. Dealer great at covering warranty issues. I love the car. First car I bought brand new and will run it to the ground.

Could be better, my 2nd VUE and my last
By ashleemooneyhan on 12/25/08 20:49 PM (PST)

2006 Saturn VUE SUV 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I actually had another VUE before I bought this one. The old one was a 2004/man.transmission. 4cyl. engine. I liked it more, but it was totaled in an accident at someone else's fault. I survived at least 6 full tumbles down an embankment--I credit the safety features of the VUE. After that experience I only felt safe buying another one. New one is a 2006. Things randomly fall off--hubcap, side door panel. Had to pay to be replaced. Interior stains easily-- wish I had gone for the leather, instead. Buttons on the steering wheel randomly stick (despite detailing/cleaning) and things go haywire. If I could go back, I'd get the V6, the leather, and the AWD. Don't get the basic model.

Very good car
By grobby on 08/06/08 17:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE SUV 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased car new a year ago. First American car purchase. This is an excellant car. 06 buyers lucked out as Saturn put many upgraded features in it. Almost a completely different car than previous models. Car is easy to drive, quiet inside and fairly comfortable. I am glad I bought it. No problems to date.

good so far
By grobby on 08/05/08 16:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE SUV 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new a year ago. It's the 2.2 engine. Leather seats and sunroof. So far this has been a great car. I have 22,000 miles on it. I know others think that it is load inside, I actually don't. The car handles well and gets good gas mileage. I think that 06 Saturn was the best small SUV on the market at the time. The 06 had a make over both inside and out. I think it looks much better than the earlier models. I drove them all and settled on the Saturn. I really enjoy it

Think Twice Before Buying
By Letty on 05/22/08 16:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE SUV 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

When I first bought the Vue I could not be happier with it. However, as time and miles add up(less than 37,000 miles) My Saturn started costing money. I have had it in a shop 4 times. Both front disk replaced, both rear hubs replaced, radio control in steering wheel quit working, and now I have no radio. They say fuse in radio needs replaced at a cost of over $300. For a fuse replacement in the radio itself! I've owned three Saturns; this will be my last. If you're thinking about buying one take a look at comments of owners who have had theirs longer than a year. You'll see a trend of costly problems in your future.

Save Yourself the Hassle
By AJenkins on 05/02/08 12:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE SUV 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Vue for approx two years, and in just the last month, I have had it in the shop four times! They don't know what the problem is so now they just keep telling me they can't duplicate the problem--what a load of bull! I would caution you against purchasing one. They're nice to look at, but if you plan on taking a trip in one, you can plan on hearing lots of noise from your vehicle, as well as, all the others on the road, and you may want to make alternate plans in case your Vue breaks down-- you also may want to add an extra day or two into your trip b/c I've waited on tow trucks for hours! You will get decent gas mileage--that is if you can get it to go anywhere!

Not entirely sold
By wisconsin on 01/29/08 08:34 AM (PST)

2006 Saturn VUE SUV 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle is fine in the summer months, good on gas, comfortable enough for trips I guess. But handling in the snow is terrible. There are some annoying incidentals on how its fashioned inside and I have had numerous issues with things like the wiper spray, door foam, etc. The people at the dealership are great, but the car just inst up to par. Get the AWD if you have any chance of driving in snow, that has got to be better!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.