Used 2006 Saturn VUE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Saturn Vue - Consumer Reviews

2006 Saturn VUE SUV

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

I'm sad Saturn is phased out.
By surtrav3

2006 Saturn VUE SUV 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Vue used with 81,000 miles. Had minor work done on driver side door as it needed to be adjusted to keep the entry lights off. Replaced tie-ends. Very minor stuff. Bumps are a bit noisy but are just an undesired design feature as the mounts are easily loosened. It is not a safety issue at all. I have no problem with wind noise. I have read other reviews stating that the Vue does not handle well in the snow. I disagree with this and chalk it up as driver error. I have had no problems in our North Dakota winters at all. I've made it out of some pretty deep drifts and severe ice conditions.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior. Steering wheel radio and cruise controls. Dashboard cluster lighting is well done and easy to view. Center console is well organized. Organizer located in back storage area.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had bigger cup-holders that fit the super gulp sizes.

Great car
By Michelle

2006 Saturn VUE SUV 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great, especially for camping trips with my two large dogs and boyfriend. I've had only one minor problem with it. About one year in; the starter was sticking. I took it to the dealership to get it fixed (it was still under warranty) and I haven't had any problems with the car since. It's fun to drive, and feels more like a car than an SUV. The gas mileage is also pretty good for the size of the car. The turning radius is amazing, which helps in small spaces. All in all, I'm super happy with this vehicle. I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off!

Favorite Features

Spaciousness. Also love the foldaway plastic grocery bag holder in the back, which ensures that my groceries don't fall all over the spacious trunk area.

Suggested Improvements

Not the best in the rain and snow (about as good as my old Honda civic). Some the of the interiors could be better, though still an improvement over earlier Saturn models.

I LOVE MY SATURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Kristyg327

2006 Saturn VUE SUV 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 1st car that I have bought on my own. I have had it over 3 yrs n not one problem. Monica was PERFECT at her job. I have replaced my tiers a cpl mths ago. That's the only thing i have needed to do. I want to get a new one but I don't know if im ready to let go. :(

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING :D

Suggested Improvements

ummmmmmmmm nun that i can think of at the moment

Pleasant Surprises!
By Jackie

2006 Saturn VUE SUV 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Surprised performance and reliability. Didn't even want to look at the car when searching, but tried it and fell in love. Much like any car, it had a few issues, RT strut tower clunking, dealer fixed. At 49K torque converter went out, dealer fixed. Now I have annoying squeeking noises from tire areas. Volume down button on steering wheel changes channel, not sound. Road and wind noise from frt passenger door. Replaced tires rather quickly..less than 20K miles. Overall, love the performance and the look. Like it way better than 2005 models. Had some flaws, but great car. Dealer great at covering warranty issues. I love the car. First car I bought brand new and will run it to the ground.

Favorite Features

Partial leather seats, gas milage 22- 24mpg mixed city/highway driving. Power- love it! Fold away storage crate in back. Spacious. Hidden compartment under cup holder.

Suggested Improvements

Better struts and braking mechanisims. 4 Wheel drive option, not AWD. Better sealing around doors and windows. Better factory tires.

Could be better, my 2nd VUE and my last
By ashleemooneyhan

2006 Saturn VUE SUV 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I actually had another VUE before I bought this one. The old one was a 2004/man.transmission. 4cyl. engine. I liked it more, but it was totaled in an accident at someone else's fault. I survived at least 6 full tumbles down an embankment--I credit the safety features of the VUE. After that experience I only felt safe buying another one. New one is a 2006. Things randomly fall off--hubcap, side door panel. Had to pay to be replaced. Interior stains easily-- wish I had gone for the leather, instead. Buttons on the steering wheel randomly stick (despite detailing/cleaning) and things go haywire. If I could go back, I'd get the V6, the leather, and the AWD. Don't get the basic model.

Favorite Features

XM radio. OnStar. Trunk organizer. Center console has great convenience features. Comfortably designed seats--they sit well for long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Cheaply made plastic hubcaps that fall off on the interstate-- get the alloy wheels and stick with it! Better interior fabric that does not stain so easily.