Used 2006 Saturn VUE Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Saturn VUE Base - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Nice, reliable vehicle
By altomi

2006 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A few issues, but nothing too serious. Had to replace strut (making noise again after replaced), drive-shaft bearing, wheel bearing. No issues with Honda engine or transmission. Performance is fabulous, but there are some minor issues, such as; wind noise, quite a bit of road noise, radio cuts out intermittently - although sound system sounds fantastic. Overall, I have been very happy with performance and comfort.

Powerful, smooth engine. AWD works great in snow.

Correct noise problems.

Amazing car!
By capitolcars

2006 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was such a great car; I cried when I found out Saturn was shutting down and I wouldn't be able to buy another new one. Bought it brand new for my brand new 50-mile each way commute. It's the perfect marriage of fuel-efficiency and SUV comfort. No problems with it at all, drove it from new till 75K miles before I traded it in for a new car; I wish I hadn't.

Classy interor

Freaking amazing car!!
By matthew_w

2006 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ive owned very many cars, but by far this is the best car ive ever had, put hankook tires under it and it will run forever... Great SUV fast, and powerful when needed!!

Interior Design, Exterior design, Onstar, Speed, Accceleration,... Just everything

None, Maybe higher quality shifter knob style

By Stevo

2006 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned a 1999 Taurus wagon w 3.0 litre push rod motor and at 60 mi/hr it was turning 2,000 rpm.The Saturn with the 3.5 liter OHC (Honda motor) does 75 mi./hr. at 2,000 rpm. Quite the efficiency difference. Drove across the country Cali. to Maryland non-stop Xmas 1998 with alternate driver and got 24.7 mi/gal.

Motor

It's been a good car to me...
By KAC1111

2006 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've loved having this car over the past 5 years. It's been reliable and has held up in looks and performance. I've been extremely pleased with the aesthetics of both the interior and the exterior. I could never be happy with a car that lacked in either of them. The size has also been great. But now I have 2 large dogs and a child and sadly, there is not enough space when we go camping, etc. But I've really loved this car even with it's imperfections, i.e. the noises and the steering wheel stereo controls that change function from day to day. This will make a great used car when it's time for me to sell.

Most definitely the ding proof exterior. My 5 year old SUV has no dings or dents and does not look it's age because of it. I also love the wood grain on the inside dash. With the tan interior both leather and fabric seats, it seems very spacious and bright.

The noises, definitely the window/sunroof noise. The turning radius stinks, but it was also quite stinky with my SC2 as compared to other cars I've had. I also think the back seat looks cheap, but all this is moot since sadly Saturn no longer exists.