2006 Saturn VUE Base - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
Nice, reliable vehicle
By altomi on 03/08/14 14:52 PM (PST)

2006 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A few issues, but nothing too serious. Had to replace strut (making noise again after replaced), drive-shaft bearing, wheel bearing. No issues with Honda engine or transmission. Performance is fabulous, but there are some minor issues, such as; wind noise, quite a bit of road noise, radio cuts out intermittently - although sound system sounds fantastic. Overall, I have been very happy with performance and comfort.

Amazing car!
By capitolcars on 07/18/13 02:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was such a great car; I cried when I found out Saturn was shutting down and I wouldn't be able to buy another new one. Bought it brand new for my brand new 50-mile each way commute. It's the perfect marriage of fuel-efficiency and SUV comfort. No problems with it at all, drove it from new till 75K miles before I traded it in for a new car; I wish I hadn't.

Freaking amazing car!!
By matthew_w on 04/29/13 14:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ive owned very many cars, but by far this is the best car ive ever had, put hankook tires under it and it will run forever... Great SUV fast, and powerful when needed!!

By Stevo on 08/23/10 13:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned a 1999 Taurus wagon w 3.0 litre push rod motor and at 60 mi/hr it was turning 2,000 rpm.The Saturn with the 3.5 liter OHC (Honda motor) does 75 mi./hr. at 2,000 rpm. Quite the efficiency difference. Drove across the country Cali. to Maryland non-stop Xmas 1998 with alternate driver and got 24.7 mi/gal.

It's been a good car to me...
By KAC1111 on 06/30/10 15:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've loved having this car over the past 5 years. It's been reliable and has held up in looks and performance. I've been extremely pleased with the aesthetics of both the interior and the exterior. I could never be happy with a car that lacked in either of them. The size has also been great. But now I have 2 large dogs and a child and sadly, there is not enough space when we go camping, etc. But I've really loved this car even with it's imperfections, i.e. the noises and the steering wheel stereo controls that change function from day to day. This will make a great used car when it's time for me to sell.

HATE THAT WIND NOISE!!!
By Lisa on 05/19/10 10:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2006 V6 Vue for about a year,and this is my first SUV. I love the look of the vehicle, and I haven't had any problems with it's performance I also love that it drives like a car, but that wind noise at 50-70 mph drives me crazy. It sounds like my window is not rolled all the way up, or maybe my door is not completely closed. I guess I'll just have to learn to live with it.

Slip Slidding Away
By Joel on 12/26/09 14:17 PM (PST)

2006 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it new off the lot. opted for a little better milage over the AWD. BIG mistake !!!! This is one of the worst vehicles I've ever driven in the snow. Tires are too wide, and the anti-lock brakes are WAY to touchy. Just seems like in snow, the anti- locks go on and there is no braking at all ! Traction control via the throttle reacts way too slow too. I also have a "02" Saturn wagon. Traction control via brakes and anti- lock are much better. NOt to mention, on the wagon you can turn it off with a button. On the Vue your stuck with it, unless you want to drive in Lo gear. Had it in three times to the dealer before warranty ran out "Nothing wrong with it!" ????????

Happy After 40 Months
By BaustinB on 11/09/09 16:29 PM (PST)

2006 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, I have been happy with the vehicle. The V6 power is great when you step on the gas and the transmission is silky smooth - even after 45,000 miles. I'm still on the original tires, but am searching for info on replacements (preferable something more snow-friendly). My biggest complaint revolves around the issue of noise: road noise, chassis noise, mysterious interior creaks and rattles, and wind noise. I also have a 2006 Honda Odyssey (same engine as the Saturn) and the difference in noise is night and day.

Back to American Company
By JoJo on 08/12/09 10:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my first '98 Saturn SL2 for a '02 VW Jetta, huge mistake. By 30,000 miles and 2 years, I had to get it fixed 15 times. So I traded for a ' 06 Saturn Vue AWD V6. I had the vehicle for 3 years, not one stinking problem. We had a foot of snow, this vehicle did amazingly well and no worries. The gas mileage is like a car, so I'm not paying any more than I used to. This is a very reliable vehicle, only had to get oil changes and new tires. The power windows did not get stuck in the frost/ice like the Jetta did (three times). I have done LONG road trips and no problems with cruise control or comfort. I am extremely happy with my Vue, with the help of Honda under the hood.

Couldn't be happier!
By tdee49 on 06/21/09 08:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE Base 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had to buy an SUV because I own 2 dogs and I had just totaled my 2006 Saturn Ion. I am very happy with Saturn's customer service. The Vue has a lot of power and it accelerates very quickly. Mine is fully loaded with leather and heated seats, so the they are a lot more comfortable than the Ion seats. It rides very smooth, and it sits up high. Gas mileage is great, considering it has a V6 and as much horsepower as a Honda Ridgeline.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.