2006 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
Great car
By Michelle on 05/30/10 19:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great, especially for camping trips with my two large dogs and boyfriend. I've had only one minor problem with it. About one year in; the starter was sticking. I took it to the dealership to get it fixed (it was still under warranty) and I haven't had any problems with the car since. It's fun to drive, and feels more like a car than an SUV. The gas mileage is also pretty good for the size of the car. The turning radius is amazing, which helps in small spaces. All in all, I'm super happy with this vehicle. I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off!

I LOVE MY SATURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Kristyg327 on 11/05/09 20:24 PM (PST)

2006 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 1st car that I have bought on my own. I have had it over 3 yrs n not one problem. Monica was PERFECT at her job. I have replaced my tiers a cpl mths ago. That's the only thing i have needed to do. I want to get a new one but I don't know if im ready to let go. :(

Very good car
By grobby on 08/06/08 17:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased car new a year ago. First American car purchase. This is an excellant car. 06 buyers lucked out as Saturn put many upgraded features in it. Almost a completely different car than previous models. Car is easy to drive, quiet inside and fairly comfortable. I am glad I bought it. No problems to date.

good so far
By grobby on 08/05/08 16:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new a year ago. It's the 2.2 engine. Leather seats and sunroof. So far this has been a great car. I have 22,000 miles on it. I know others think that it is load inside, I actually don't. The car handles well and gets good gas mileage. I think that 06 Saturn was the best small SUV on the market at the time. The 06 had a make over both inside and out. I think it looks much better than the earlier models. I drove them all and settled on the Saturn. I really enjoy it

Save Yourself the Hassle
By AJenkins on 05/02/08 12:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Vue for approx two years, and in just the last month, I have had it in the shop four times! They don't know what the problem is so now they just keep telling me they can't duplicate the problem--what a load of bull! I would caution you against purchasing one. They're nice to look at, but if you plan on taking a trip in one, you can plan on hearing lots of noise from your vehicle, as well as, all the others on the road, and you may want to make alternate plans in case your Vue breaks down-- you also may want to add an extra day or two into your trip b/c I've waited on tow trucks for hours! You will get decent gas mileage--that is if you can get it to go anywhere!

Would have nothing else
By Don in Pa on 11/28/07 18:28 PM (PST)

2006 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My first Saturn was a 1994 SL1 wich I still have with 302,000 miles and have never had a major repair and run like new. I've had 4 Saturns all together. The VUE is the best car I have ever owned. My wife drives 135 miles a day to work and is a rather fast driver. (80+mph) The ride is unbeleivably comfortable, averages 32mpg. handles great, a little wind noisy, good looking vehicle, great in snow front wheel drive feels like 4wd. Lots of room. Great power with the manual trans. Plan on getting 300k plus miles out of it. We love it

Loyal former employee
By gregor on 12/24/06 00:02 AM (PST)

2006 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the Saturn for almost two years now and have been happy with it. Though the front seats are lacking in comfort during long trips, they are suitable for around town. The room is great for getting stuff around town, especially with the front seat laying flat. The sport package is great with the alloys, power package, and sunroof. The 5 speed is the only way to go with the 4 cyl. otherwise the power is too lacking. All in all a fun car to drive.

VUE is a poor choice
By drpassport on 06/20/06 15:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd Saturn I have owned. The quality of workmanship is poor at best. A month after I purchased this the rattles began. Just about every single person that has ridden in the vehicle has remarked about how loud the interior noise was on the road. I will never buy another. I am back with a Honda a loving everyday. Ah, the ability to have the windows up and not hear absolutely every sound is amazing. Mileage is not as good as they claim. I got 23 MPG on the highway. City driving was in the low 20's.

Great SUV
By jborch on 05/23/06 10:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had my '06 VUE for a week, but I have to say my faith in American automakers is being revived. This is a fantastic vehicle. I love driving it. The 4-cyl has ample power with the 5- sp. transmission (and anyway I am more looking for gas mileage than power). The interior design is attractive and quite functional. I haven't noticed any squeaks or build problems. The Vue handles great on the road. The price was fantastic compared with the higher- priced Honda CRV. I love the VUE!

Great Vehicle
By Saturnman on 05/13/06 00:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Saturn VUE 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 13th Saturn that I have purchased. I have found this new one to be just as good in quality as the past 4 new saturns that I have purchased. The others were used and they too were of great quality even if they were used.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.