2005 Saturn VUE Base - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
My 2005 3.5L Saturn Vue
By maojr on 09/18/12 20:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn VUE Base AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car for my wife because, (1) it has a plactic outer shell and never get's dimpled (2) supposedly it has a Honda Engine. It also had a 0.5% interest on the loan...what a deal. It's just now giving some problems. Had to replace the middle drive-shaft support and spider bearing. Otherwise no major problems/issues after 120K miles. This is the first signs of major ware so I expect a little at a time as the mileage increases with more use. We use this car every day! I would buy/trade another with the same features....too bad they are no longer available.

Replacing with Same
By luvsaturns on 12/29/10 10:36 AM (PST)

2005 Saturn VUE Base AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I loved my VUE until it was totaled in a side impact accident two weeks ago. Despite the 180 degree spin and a roll over onto the driver side - I was left in good shape. No broken bones or cuts. And the safety glass and airbags did their thing. This was my 2nd Saturn - have a '95 SL2 that I also loved - and I can't replace it with anything but another VUE. We've had it camping, to the beach, and on many road trips. Have compared it to many other SUVs I've rented for business over the years and nothing has ever measured up for ease of use, simple ergonomics, and just plain fun. I'll really miss that truck - but look forward to the 'new' one.

Likes to spend your money
By bsumorgan on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Saturn VUE Base AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got a redline, and it was a lot of fun, but every month I had it in the shop for some kind of maintenance or repair. To be fair, it probably has to do more with the previous owner than with the Saturn. Sold it after 10 months because you can't tow with the sport package. (no air flow to the transmission) Fuel economy was good, I averaged between 20 and 21 with the AWD v6. Interior is an odd combo of luxurious and cheap. Front end was noisy on rough surfaces. The AWD is not as good as ford/mercury awd. The back wheels only kick in a few moments after the front wheels lose traction. By then, it may be too late. It doesn't really do you any good on ice unless you intentionally break traction.

Excellent car
By Joan on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Saturn VUE Base AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We drive to AZ twice a year which takes 8 hrs. The car gets excellent gas mileage and is very comfortable with the heated seats. When we take passengers, the back seat is extremely comfortable. We love this car and I am very sorry that it is out of business. The Vue is a pleasure to ride and drive all of the time.

Love this Car
By Juan on 08/05/10 20:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn VUE Base Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this car since new, it is so much fun to drive. Yes, I have put some money in it but just to keep in "AA" condition, I have about 150,000 miles and I have changed 3 wells bearings, 2 Struts, 3 times brakes pads 3 times new tires & 1 time motor mounts & of course bunch of Oil Changes. As you can see all those are normal things to change for the age and millage. Beside that, there were only a couple annoying little things as water reservoir tank & Gas Cap ( I think they were defective items for this model) I normally change car every 2-3 years but I never been so happy with a car as I am with this. I may keep it for another 2 years.

A Great Idea
By annalr on 06/07/10 10:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Saturn VUE Base Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2005 Saturn Vue V6 FWD after owning a Volvo 240 for 10 years. I chose the car for its interior room, practical design and compact size. I bought it with 109k miles on it and love it. It's a great passenger vehicle with solid metal buckles in the back for car seats, which are very useful. The cargo space is great and despite its looks on the outside, there is plenty of people room on the inside! The V6 will pick up and go when you need it to and ride smoothly on the highway. The suspension can be a little rigid but is tight and has given me no trouble. All in all, I would recommend it to anyone who needs a car with cargo room, fuel economy and enjoys a simply designed car.

4 Year Review Of the Vue
By DC270 on 04/18/09 09:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Saturn VUE Base Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle replace a 2000 Toyota Avalon with 118k miles. This car was bought new. It was quite good on styling and the comfort level was good for a vehicle this size and type. Ebgine performace was exceptionally good for a V6 type. The quality started ear;y on with the windshiled washer motor going out twice and some of the interior harware coming apart or just breaking with normal use. This was aggrevating and a dissapointment. We had the typical 65k brake job but did not expect the rear main seal of the transmission to go out after 65k miles11 This required the trans to be pulled and was a $600+ expense. I am not so much impressed with this vehicle now- the reliability is BAD!

Luck of the draw
By trek on 04/14/09 13:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn VUE Base AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

An odd vehicle that I bought because my wife liked/wanted it. Initially I didnt think like it much at all. We've used this Vue to tow, haul and carry everything from sea kayaks to dirt bikes as well as a 4000lb trailer across the USA. Its been in the snow in Canada and the desert SW heat as well as off road trails in various parts of the country (after decent tires were added). Its an odd vehicle that has been clobbered by depreciation but I have to say out of the European, Japanese and American vehicles Ive owned over the years, this thing has been the little engine that could. Great family car too. The dealers on the other hand, are so bad I will not darken their doors. Ever.

Excellent Value
By HappyOwner on 01/08/09 19:42 PM (PST)

2005 Saturn VUE Base AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle to replace my 1996 SL2. GM was running the employee pricing and 0% financing for my VUE V6 AWD with leather seats, Safe and Sound package and sunroof, which I got for about 25K. The AWD is fantastic, getting me through the worst of weather with confidence. OnStar has been a great feature, giving me directions, answering questions if a warning light comes on on the dashboard and with their remote unlock service. The car accelerates well, steers well, is comfortable for long drives and has a tremendous amount of cargo space for a compact SUV. Three years later, I still love this vehicle.

Good Car
By Big Daddy on 11/11/08 06:57 AM (PST)

2005 Saturn VUE Base Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Early this year I unloaded a 12mpg SUV and was looking for a small SUV. I looked at a number of SUVs and settled on the Saturn Vue. I was also looking at a 4 cyl but the dealer said I would most likely be happy with the 6 cyl. Well I have more than happy with this car. My insurance went down due to the 5 star Saturn crash rating. The mpg is very good considering the engine cranks out 250 horsepower, more than enough when you need it.