2005 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
A great vehicle
By Melani on 08/20/08 13:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

My Saturn Vue was a pleasure to own. Never had a thing go wrong that required a trip to the dealer. I love it and highly recommend the Saturn for trouble free ownership.

Grand Cherokee vs Saturn view
By Dennis Hyrkas on 06/20/05 20:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

Was amazed with the acceleration for a 4 cylinder. High RPM during acceleration sounds like a souped up go cart. Steering takes a little bit of getting use to. Handles much better than the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Traded my Jeep for the VUE, glad I did.

I love it... so does my family
By Patti on 04/29/05 17:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I have enjoyed my new 2005 Saturn VUE now for 2 months and got it just in time before the gas prices went up. I get 22-25 mpg, much improved from my AWD mini-van that I traded. The tank is small, holds 16 gallons, but with the improved mileage, I don't have to fill anymore than before. Buying it was a dream, easy and simple. It has enough room for my 3 kids and all their stuff too. With the VTI 4 cyl. engine I have as much speed up the hills as a 6 cyl. I recommend this Saturn for any one who wants an AWD, interior room and a classy cross over look to boot.

This car is a mistake
By Sarah Colantuono on 03/20/05 13:41 PM (PST)

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

Since I've gotten this car almost two years ago, I've taken it in probably 10 times if not more. Everything keeps breaking down on it from the transmission, to my radio falling out, doors not opening, wipers not working, and a horrible rattling and vibrating sound that is still not fixed. Another time I was stranded on the side of the highway with my 2 year old daughter, after the car completely stalled and lost power on me. I feel this car is unsafe, and I am looking into a sell already after not even two years. I know somebody that got the Chevy equinox- and after driving that- I know where I went wrong. Thumbs down to VUE

Watch out for the CVT
By ExSatrunLvr on 02/08/05 12:36 PM (PST)

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

The outside build quality alone is shoddy. Just try pushing on any of the outside body cladding to see what I mean. The CVT transmission has gotten louder and louder as the mileage has gone up. The official response from Saturn is that this is normal operational noise but it didn't sound that way when I bought it. The hood cable has stretched 3 times now. The last time they told me it was fine was right before my warranty went up and now guess what. I can't open my hood. The general attitude from service seemed like I must be doing something to break it. I've opened a lot of hoods on many cars and never had a problem with the cable not handling it.

Brakes
By Rachel on 01/05/05 18:36 PM (PST)

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

My experience with my Saturn Vue has been pretty good. The only thing that I have noticed is that when I happen to hit a bump on the road or a pothole if I have my foot on the brake I loose my brake. It almost feels as though my foot is bouncing on the pedal. Other then that, I love the SUV. It is perfect for my family.

Nice
By Marilyn on 01/01/05 14:22 PM (PST)

All around Great Vehicle. FOr the money got alot. 2nd Saturn I have owned

Love my Vue
By enduraca on 12/04/04 17:15 PM (PST)

Awesome Power and Comfort