Used 2005 Saturn VUE Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Saturn Vue - Consumer Reviews

2005 Saturn VUE

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

A great vehicle
By Melani

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

My Saturn Vue was a pleasure to own. Never had a thing go wrong that required a trip to the dealer. I love it and highly recommend the Saturn for trouble free ownership.

Favorite Features

Reliability and lack of need to ever have any repairs except routine.

Grand Cherokee vs Saturn view
By Dennis Hyrkas

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

Was amazed with the acceleration for a 4 cylinder. High RPM during acceleration sounds like a souped up go cart. Steering takes a little bit of getting use to. Handles much better than the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Traded my Jeep for the VUE, glad I did.

Favorite Features

Automatic door locks when beginning to move. Smooth drive. Storage areas are handy.

Suggested Improvements

Offer a 4 wheel drive with 5 speed manual transmission. Rear vision is not too great for backing. Storage compartment between seats is pretty chinsey, latch is poor.

I love it... so does my family
By Patti

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I have enjoyed my new 2005 Saturn VUE now for 2 months and got it just in time before the gas prices went up. I get 22-25 mpg, much improved from my AWD mini-van that I traded. The tank is small, holds 16 gallons, but with the improved mileage, I don't have to fill anymore than before. Buying it was a dream, easy and simple. It has enough room for my 3 kids and all their stuff too. With the VTI 4 cyl. engine I have as much speed up the hills as a 6 cyl. I recommend this Saturn for any one who wants an AWD, interior room and a classy cross over look to boot.

Favorite Features

AWD, a clean look, handling and economical 4 cyl. with get up and go.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing I can think of.

This car is a mistake
By Sarah Colantuono

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

Since I've gotten this car almost two years ago, I've taken it in probably 10 times if not more. Everything keeps breaking down on it from the transmission, to my radio falling out, doors not opening, wipers not working, and a horrible rattling and vibrating sound that is still not fixed. Another time I was stranded on the side of the highway with my 2 year old daughter, after the car completely stalled and lost power on me. I feel this car is unsafe, and I am looking into a sell already after not even two years. I know somebody that got the Chevy equinox- and after driving that- I know where I went wrong. Thumbs down to VUE

Favorite Features

The only thing I haven't had any problems so far with is the steering and the speaker system.

Suggested Improvements

I suggest that they scrap the VUE all together, or at least be responsible enough to replace a LEMON car.

Watch out for the CVT
By ExSatrunLvr

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

The outside build quality alone is shoddy. Just try pushing on any of the outside body cladding to see what I mean. The CVT transmission has gotten louder and louder as the mileage has gone up. The official response from Saturn is that this is normal operational noise but it didn't sound that way when I bought it. The hood cable has stretched 3 times now. The last time they told me it was fine was right before my warranty went up and now guess what. I can't open my hood. The general attitude from service seemed like I must be doing something to break it. I've opened a lot of hoods on many cars and never had a problem with the cable not handling it.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy and headroom.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the CVT for current and new drivers. Go back to the old Saturn CEO and get GM and the UAW out of the build process. Saturn is dead as far as I'm concerned. Their new van is a relabled GM. If I wanted a standard GM car I'd have bought one.