2005 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
Saturn 05 Vue never gave me trouble
By sandy131 on 07/11/14 19:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am giving my Vue to a friend in need. I purchased it new in 2006. I changed the oil every 3K miles and it's at 240K miles now. It has always started and drove perfectly and still does. The only odd thing that happened was at 200K the brake light went on. A sensor in a rear wheel malfunctioned. It wasn't much to fix. I did have to replace the front wheel bearings twice. That may have been due to driving often in NYC and rough roads in the Catskills. Just usual replacements other than that (muffler, tires, battery, brakes).

My 2005 3.5L Saturn Vue
By maojr on 09/18/12 20:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car for my wife because, (1) it has a plactic outer shell and never get's dimpled (2) supposedly it has a Honda Engine. It also had a 0.5% interest on the loan...what a deal. It's just now giving some problems. Had to replace the middle drive-shaft support and spider bearing. Otherwise no major problems/issues after 120K miles. This is the first signs of major ware so I expect a little at a time as the mileage increases with more use. We use this car every day! I would buy/trade another with the same features....too bad they are no longer available.

Amazed. And it's a Salvage.
By janell26 on 01/15/12 00:18 AM (PST)

2005 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Vue with 60k miles from a private seller for $2k due to a Salvage Title. I was a little hesitant going into it but since it was so cheap I figured why not. I've had the car 2 years and it is now nearing 90k miles and I have absolutely NO problems with it whatsoever. I've never had anything go out/stop working on me. The car has never stalled or done anything suspect. It needs brakes/rotors right now, that's about it. I'm pretty impressed considering the salvage title, not to mention I was in a major accident with it about a year ago also....runs as if nothing happened even though it's had the crap kicked out of it.

Sensor reduction
By brittanyttr on 01/14/11 07:45 AM (PST)

2005 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my VUE in July of 05. I was driving one day in the city and notice I had no acceleration to go. I notice that a light came on so I pulled over to check the owners manual and it said the sensor reduction light was one. So I did what it said to do and when I turned my car back on, it ran okay. I took it to the Saturn dealer and they told me it could be either the gas pedal or my wiring harness. So we replaced my gas pedal..drove it home and not even w/in 24 hrs it did it again. I called the dealeship again and they said its the wiring harness and that was going to be $700...has anyone had problems w/ their sensor reduction? Looking for help..Not sure I trust this dealer..

Replacing with Same
By luvsaturns on 12/29/10 10:36 AM (PST)

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I loved my VUE until it was totaled in a side impact accident two weeks ago. Despite the 180 degree spin and a roll over onto the driver side - I was left in good shape. No broken bones or cuts. And the safety glass and airbags did their thing. This was my 2nd Saturn - have a '95 SL2 that I also loved - and I can't replace it with anything but another VUE. We've had it camping, to the beach, and on many road trips. Have compared it to many other SUVs I've rented for business over the years and nothing has ever measured up for ease of use, simple ergonomics, and just plain fun. I'll really miss that truck - but look forward to the 'new' one.

It never let me down!
By Twistedsister on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2005 Saturn new in July 2005. I loved it until the day it died this past October in a car accident. I loved this car. I average 25K a year on my vehicle, so it had 125000 miles on it. I changed to synthetic oil around 95K and increased my mpg to 30 on highway, 26 or so in city. I loved this car. It always started, drove well, loved the convenience of the trunk/back seats that lie down flat. Went through two sets of tires and had rotors turned at 110K. I never had it in the shop for repairs other than maintenance issues. I loved this car. My only complaint was the road noise/ weather stripping was bad. It allowed dust to come in and it was a bit noisy.

Likes to spend your money
By bsumorgan on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got a redline, and it was a lot of fun, but every month I had it in the shop for some kind of maintenance or repair. To be fair, it probably has to do more with the previous owner than with the Saturn. Sold it after 10 months because you can't tow with the sport package. (no air flow to the transmission) Fuel economy was good, I averaged between 20 and 21 with the AWD v6. Interior is an odd combo of luxurious and cheap. Front end was noisy on rough surfaces. The AWD is not as good as ford/mercury awd. The back wheels only kick in a few moments after the front wheels lose traction. By then, it may be too late. It doesn't really do you any good on ice unless you intentionally break traction.

Excellent car
By Joan on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We drive to AZ twice a year which takes 8 hrs. The car gets excellent gas mileage and is very comfortable with the heated seats. When we take passengers, the back seat is extremely comfortable. We love this car and I am very sorry that it is out of business. The Vue is a pleasure to ride and drive all of the time.

You get what you pay for
By dejeanco on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my truck for this Vue when the gas prices were sky high. I had owned a Saturn before, so I knew what I was getting. I didn't pay much for the Vue. It's about what I expected. I bought the car with 30,000 miles on it. It now has 80,000. I've had the A/C repaired. That's about it. It's just a car. Nothing fancy. I think it's funny when people review these things like they were built by Mercedes Benz and then complain when any little thing goes wrong. You bought a Saturn, not a Mercedes. You got what you paid for.

Love this Car
By Juan on 08/05/10 20:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this car since new, it is so much fun to drive. Yes, I have put some money in it but just to keep in "AA" condition, I have about 150,000 miles and I have changed 3 wells bearings, 2 Struts, 3 times brakes pads 3 times new tires & 1 time motor mounts & of course bunch of Oil Changes. As you can see all those are normal things to change for the age and millage. Beside that, there were only a couple annoying little things as water reservoir tank & Gas Cap ( I think they were defective items for this model) I normally change car every 2-3 years but I never been so happy with a car as I am with this. I may keep it for another 2 years.