Used 2005 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

2005 Saturn VUE

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

The most loved vehicle I Ever owned....
By Judy

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2005 Saturn when it was 2 years old and kept it until It was totaled in an accident 9 years later! ( 05/16/2016) "Hated It" It clearly was the best car I every owned it was very low maintenance with a (123,000 miles) I only had to invest in it's scheduled oiled changes and purchase a new set of tires every 2 years. My only repairs was the replacement of the battery and brake shoes done in my 8th year of ownership. A Great automobile!

Love my Saturn
By Lee

2005 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great reliable car, it just goes and goes

A reliable SUV
By the_good_car

2005 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought an 05 Saturn four years ago w 100k miles. It now has over 175k.

The car isn't perfect. The interior is cheap, the front buckets are not well designed. It is, on uphill climbs, underpowered. It's also a bit noisy on the highway, but actually not more so than say, a Volvo xc90 (I drove one the other day, actually the Volvo is noisier).

Parts are ridiculously cheap. It shares a platform with every other gm brand. many parts like the brakes are common to a half dozen models.

The four cylinder is known is the iron duke and is regarded as one of the most reliable engines gm has ever made. ( though, the suspension is mediocre).

Bottom line-very low cost of ownership.

Saturn 05 Vue never gave me trouble
By sandy131

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am giving my Vue to a friend in need.
I purchased it new in 2006.
I changed the oil every 3K miles and it's at 240K miles now.
It has always started and drove perfectly and still does.

The only odd thing that happened was at 200K the brake light went on.
A sensor in a rear wheel malfunctioned.
It wasn't much to fix.

I did have to replace the front wheel bearings twice.
That may have been due to driving often in NYC and rough roads in the Catskills.

Just usual replacements other than that (muffler, tires, battery, brakes).

Reliable. Heated seats. Beautiful dashboard. Vinyl seats. Roomy hatchback. Great visibility.

The troubles that I had after nearly 10 years did not affect the main purpose of the car: it started and drove and stopped reliably. The driver and rear driver's side interior door handles broke. The matte silver paint on the dash wore off in places and I never found matching touch up paint.

My 2005 3.5L Saturn Vue
By maojr

2005 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car for my wife because, (1) it has a plactic outer shell and never get's dimpled (2) supposedly it has a Honda Engine. It also had a 0.5% interest on the loan...what a deal.
It's just now giving some problems. Had to replace the middle drive-shaft support and spider bearing. Otherwise no major problems/issues after 120K miles. This is the first signs of major ware so I expect a little at a time as the mileage increases with more use. We use this car every day! I would buy/trade another with the same features....too bad they are no longer available.

Plastic body resistant to dimples/dents and by the way, no rusting of plastic panels. Comfortable on long drives, ie:L 400 miles or more. Then engine (I was told at the dealership) is a Honda Engine. It has been reliable thus far having regular oil changes. I'll be changing the oil myself this time and using Synthetic and Changing Plugs to NGK Plat made for this engine. I hope this will hlep increace my miles per gallon which has been as low as 17 city/hwy and 22 at best hwy. (tires are at correct PSI and still have much tread)....Actually, the milage got lower after our last servicing at Chevy Dealership...if anything, you think it would have improved...

Cabin noise on hwy speeds. It's from the tires on the road up the chassie. Maybe not enough noise protection? Not very aerodynamic - would help with gas mileage on HWY. Blind spots at driving position. Side windshield supports hamper visuals..have to move your head to asure visibility of pedestrans at crosswalks and cars, etc at intersections/shoping parking lots, etc.