2004 Saturn VUE Consumer Review: No Regrets!

2004 Saturn VUE - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

No Regrets!
By aircap_aviator on

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used over a year ago. Wanted something that got decent gas milage, could haul my big teenage kids and had a manual trans. Vue was about the only thing I could find that fit all three. Gets mid 20's for gas mileage in city / mixed driving. Had 118K when I bought it and at 143K now. Only repairs were new struts in the front right after purchase and two new tires. Overall very happy with the value and what it does for me. Gripes? has new various rattles seemingly every time I get in, interior quality only average, and interior design is very lacking for storage.

Space inside for seating / hauling larger items, ease of ingress / egress. Enjoy the sun-roof! Although thankfully hasn't needed repair work, seems very accessable and well laid out to work on. Relatively fun to drive for size.

rattles here, there and everywhere / interior noise overall. Interior fit & finish and storage (admittidly, the 2006 and later models addressed this, I was just too cheap to spring for one).