Used 2004 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Happy to be rid of it
By finally free

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

At 32K the transmission went. Are you kidding me? I was initally worried about the strenght of the 4cyl as I do a lot of on and off highway driving. I was assured that I wouldnt notice the difference from the V6. I was wrong. More often than not the car would stop as I was pulling out on the hw....not very safe. Very disappointing for the amount you pay and the fact that this car depreciates at an unreasonable rate.

The exterior design. Not the same as all the others

Everything else.

Love Mine
By Vue This

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a 3 time Saturn owner. I bought our 04 Vue new now we have 67k and just turning 4 yrs with it. Had the recall, I follow the service intervals and only have the dealer do the work. Zero dealer problems & pull a 2500# 19' boat multiple times up and over our mountains in Utah and Wyo.When I pass people pulling the boat they look at the car like what the hell. Replaced the tires at 50k brakes are starting to wear and shocks are getting bouncy MPG is great and I will eat most all comers with the preformance of the 250 HP I am 6'6" and the seats could use some better support and the fabric is wearing I wish the Vue was just a little bigger my 16 & 10 year old need more room in the back.

Power, Chili Red color, reliability, 6 disk CD, sunroof, power.

Slighty bigger. Also had the flasher switch go into the dash

Good ride except for brakes
By anita king

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I was so excited to get my 2004 Saturn Vue in December of 2007. Here it is March and now all of a sudden at the beginning of March I start having problems with the brakes. I couldn't buy an extended warrenty because I don't have the extra cash. I talk with a service manager and he told me to bring it in it would cost 85 dollars since my warranty was over by 3 days and 338 miles. But you are in such a hype to get a car you need that all you want to do is just get the car. I was at the gas station and heard this lady talking about her car with the same problems.

I love the ride comfortability, the cd player, the two outlets for my portable DVD player.

There is a problem with the front window and door seperation. It is too wide. I almost hit a man being blind sided by the wide seperation.

Last GM junk that I buy
By Greg R. Hess

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this nice looking suv with high hopes. Only to be disappointed once again by GM. This will be the last time I get burned by them. I have replaced a front left hub-wheel bearing that cost $455 and ever since 48,000 miles there has been a rumbling noise from under the hood and under neath the center of the suv. The dealership mechanic say's that there are nothing mechanical to explain these noises! So I guess I have to be satisfied with paying $30,000 and having a problematic car. Unbelieveable! The big three wonder why the public is switching over to imports. They have lousy warranties, until of late but I bet there's a lot of red tape one goes through to have anything done!

Engine is strong, exterior body design is nice and sporty. Like the 18in. tires.

100.000 mi. warranty, cabin noise reduced greatly, replace cheap plastic molding around radio and other area's that the paint flakes off of. Need recall on wheel hub-bearing's.

Honda Engine great, Rest of car JUNK!!
By rugby209

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I've had 3 Saturns, this one being the most recent and this will be the last time I buy Saturns again. I originally looked at the reviews and everyone said it was a great SUV with a Honda engine and transmission. The reviews were right about the transmission and engine but everything else is flawed. It's been in the shop 11 times since we've owned it. Steering column broke, left front ABS sensor broke, when it's cold out it makes horrible grinding noise when you hit bumps (which the dealer said was normal), hazard light fell into dash etc, etc. I should have bought a REAL Honda.

Honda Engine and Transmission.

Have Honda build the rest of the vehicle for them.