2004 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
Great Car!
By Tom McCullough on 05/04/06 08:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Electric Lime VUE Redline. We had looked for months for this color. The car is fully loaded with all the bells and whistles. Our car is a pleasure to drive. Handles well on the highway and has plenty of pick up with the V6 AWD. We have never been so satisfied with a car and have hand many offers from people to buy it from us.

Really good car!
By Gayland on 04/28/06 15:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My daughter, who lives in Austin,Texas, bought a new VUE and we were introduced to it in this way when she came to see us in Dallas. Test drove a new one after she left and was really impressed with the car. Looked at several other cars/SUV's and went back to the Saturn and wrote him a check for the VUE that we wanted and have just been very pleased with it. Period!

VUE Redline
By dap on 04/23/06 20:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very powerful SUV, fun to drive and looks sharp. Young people love the looks. Surprisingly excellent gas mileage, better than listed, I am getting about 24 city and 28 highway.

Just Average
By BC on 04/17/06 12:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Not much to look at inside and out. The seats are aveage in comfort. It is an A to B vehicle. Average is the best discription of this SUV.

Happy VUE Owner
By JEK on 04/13/06 14:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Finally I have a car that is like an SUV but doesn't drink gas like an SUV. Handles is all weather (I travel for work and drive in bad weather summer and winter.)I feel safe in my VUE no matter what. I never had a problem except for the one recall item which was taken care of by the dealership with no problem. In fact I just bought another VUE, a 2006, and I'm sure this one will perform just as well.

Perfect RV companion
By RVnut on 04/13/06 06:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has been flawless from day one. The only trips back to the dealer have been for oil changes. Great ride, very comfortable, very practical. Great transportation for 4 people. Easy to get in and out of, you do not sit on the ground or have to climb up. Towes 4- wheels down like a dream.

I hate my Saturn VUE!
By Rachel Pena on 04/06/06 09:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have been in and out of the Saturn dealerships for service, and have been in touch with the corporate office numerous times to make complaints. My SUV isn't even two years old yet and is falling apart! I am not hard on my car and do not feel that it is normal for a vehicle to fall apart like this VUE has. The plastic that it is made of is a poor quality. The door panel falls off with temperature changes. The center console falls out of place. The doors shift. The service dept at dealer level and at corp level say that this is what the warranty is for, but I feel that I should not have to take my time to bring it in for warranty work on a monthly basis. They do not stand behind the product

Surprisingly Fun
By Lawrence Banks on 03/19/06 11:32 AM (PST)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our first SUV, the VUE V-6 has more pep and agility than our previous larger car. The exterior fit 'n finish continues to make it look show-room new without much upkeep. Didn't use the rear fold-up parcel-carrying feature at first but now find it very useful in carrying grocieries without them spilling around when driving. Wish the front and rear seats were a little more comfortable. After two years and 20,000 miles vehicle stills looks like new and has never needed any dealer repair or adjustments..

Could be a lot better
By Lyle Hamm on 02/26/06 05:51 AM (PST)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car since Oct. 03 and have had it recalled several times - the drive shaft had to be removed and balanced, plus several other problems, it seems that the car is ALWAYS needing something done to it -- it is a poor ride (you feel EVERY BUMP) needless to say I would never buy another one.

I Love It!
By Shugee on 02/14/06 21:39 PM (PST)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

They should make all cars as good as the Saturn. It gets excellent mileage, is comfortable on the road, and you can not beat the customer service. Recently I was involved in an incident on the road. A large bar had fallen off a truck in the dark and I hit it. I called the road side assistance, and they were wonderful. It was late at night, in the middle of nowhere, and they had a tow truck there in 30 minutes, got us safely to a motel,and had the repairs done quickly. I might add, everyone I told this story too said they were amazed the car didn't flip, or sustain serious damage. It doesn't surprise ME because I know how well Saturns are build. I will ALWAYS own a Saturn.