2004 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
Paul's Review
By Paul on 07/27/06 10:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Owned for 2 yrs, purchased as demo with 9000 miles. The AWD 4 cyl is underpowered, mpg approx 22. Engine strains to maintain speed with cruise control. Car is noisy and has intermittent rattle under rear, warranty replacement of rear drive modules solved problem for a few thousand miles - but rattle is back and dealer can not find cause. Do not like blind spots due to front A pillars. Overall, the car dirves fairly well and has good room for family of four. Luggage carrier on top is easily handeled. Instrument cluster is nicely arranged but climate control buttons are too small. Now have 46,000 miles on car, not sure if VTI transmission will hold up over the long run.

Best I ever bought!
By Linnea on 07/27/06 00:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I went from a Dodge Caravan to a Saturn SL in 2000, thought I'd died and gone to heaven! When that lease was up, I needed something larger for my family so I invested in the VUE. It may not have the best mileage (it is a mini-SUV you know)but it's Way better than the Caravan I had and I haven't had a single problem with it since I bought it in 2004! I really didn't think I would like an automatic transmission but it drives almost like a 5 speed and gets me everywhere I need to go at economy prices. Don't change your product Saturn, we have a winner here.

Still Impressed
By Still Impressed on 07/26/06 17:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Saturn in '04 after trading in our Saturn L200 after our son was born. We needed the extra room and right away we knew we'd made the right decision. We have hauled a fish pond with complete accesories, 2x4's, pipes, cabinets, my grandfather clock, not to mention the trips to the grocery! It's been amazing that we can all four fit in the vehicle along with our purchases and still be comfortable. We also took this vehicle on a road trip recently and were amazed at the 30+ miles to the gallon highway. We've had no issues with faulty equipment and so far have yet to have a complaint with the truck other than louder than normal road noise when traveling on the interstate.

I'd rather be driving an import
By Dissatisfied on 07/12/06 12:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very poorly built car. I have had the vehicle less then 2 years it has been in for service at least a dozen times. I've actually lost count. Engine problems, buttons that fall into the dash, doors that wont open, CD player stops working, switches that get stuck, etc. I'm afraid of going on long trips in fear it will leave me stranded. The seats have little support and the rear seats are too low. The front a-pillars are too wide and create large blind spots. Lots of interior road noise. Loud interior vibrations created when the A/C fan is operating. Hard to locate the passenger front and rear window switches when driving without averting attention away from the road.

SaturnVue
By DON on 07/06/06 05:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle for two years and it has been a very pleasant experience. I highly reccommend this vehicle to everyone and will probably buy another just like it in two or three more years. I have talked to several friends who own a Saturn VUE and they all like it very much and plan on buying another VUE when they get ready to trade.

GMAC
By Michael Bodin on 06/25/06 11:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle provides great deal of comfort, safety, and power. Handles well. Very smooth on the highway. One car owner and is in excellent condition. Air cond. CD player and FM/AM stereo with double tuning capacity. Cell phone hook-ups in the front and rear. Can attach a double or triple DVD player for the children. Does use regular unleaded with 22 miles per gallon on the highway. Has a Honda V6 size engine with a lot of power. A good family car. Tinted windows with a sun/moon roof. Good storage space in the cargo area. Provides grocery racks to secure your groceries while driving. Spare tire is located under cargo area so does not stick out the rear door. I love this SUV.

Won't hold up
By JP on 06/23/06 17:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle will be great as long as you have warranty coverage left, but that isn't very long. There is no extended powertrain coverage and the major system problems start at about 45,000 miles. In less than 50,000 miles, the entire hydraulic system for the clutch went out ($1,500) and parts are increadibly tough to get. It took almost a week to get repaired even though the work only took a day after the dealership got the parts in.

Best vehicle I have owned so far
By Lisa on 06/03/06 04:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my VUE! I bought it used but it only had 14000 miles on it and it still had that new car smell. It put my Jeep to shame with its horsepower. My Jeep might have had more bells and whistles such as power seats and windows, but I gladly gave that up for the smooth ride I have with my VUE. I did hear some rattles on the front end but it was my right strut and the dealer fixed it right away. I will buy a Saturn from now on. Even my 19 year old [ a sports car nut] loves it.

VUEto economy
By Saturn Vue on 05/15/06 11:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have the VUE AWS 3.5 which has the Honda motor and also the Honda Auto Transmission. I also pull a Jayco tent trailer and on oru last trip from California up to Montana and Idaho (mostly hills) I got an average of 20 miles per gallon pulling the trailer with it On normal commuting mostly stop and go I average around 21mpg The vehicle as plenty of power with 250 hp and accleration is very smooth as is the ride compared to mostt SUV vehicles. Handling is pretty good and stable, and the VUE is easy to get in and out of. Saturn really thought this one out and really did a good job with

Rain or shine, the VUE's just fine!
By Pete on 05/08/06 16:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

What a great vehicle. Simple, fun and easy to drive. Composite panels are a great feature. Too bad it's going away. As I watch my mpg's closely (rep on the road), I'm averaging 26 mpg overall and just a tick under 30 mpg driving the speed limit. It's a little noisy but I think it adds to the experience with the power sunroof open. I honestly can't imagine a better value for the dollar.