Used 2004 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews - 438 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

2004 Saturn VUE

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

2004 Saturn Vue
By Disappointed

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Saturn. Bought it 1 year ago when it had about 83,000 KM. It now has 90,000 KM. It has always had a noisy engine. Recently the check engine light came on and I brought it to the shop. A wheel bearing was shot - had to be replaced. Cost $300. Then it started making a strange noise and jerking when I drove. Back to the shop. The transmission is shot. They researched the vehicle's history and found out it has already had the transmission replaced at 80,000 KM, and this will be its second transmission replacement. It was going to cost $6,000 for a new transmission, luckily the dealership agreed to pay for it, even though we had no extended warranty on the Vue.

5 star crash rating

It should be built with quality parts, what a financial nightmare this vehicle is. I should have kept my '04 Grand Am.

No More Saturn
By Sour Saturn Owner

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Saturn and the last. The car has been nothing but funky off the wall problems since it was six months old. Fortunately I followed my gut instinct and bought extended warranty that will be up in two months just in time to unload the Vue for my new 09 Honda. Saturn started out with a good product that has went horribly wrong and for the record I will not buy American made vehicle ever again.

None

Maybe the 08 will be of better quality

Great Drivetrain, So So Everything Else!
By D Buck

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We came for the Honda V6 and no haggle pricing. We got a decent CUV for $19,700 out the door and headed straight to the shop for a GPS and leather seats. A/C died 3 times until they finally replaced the leaky compressor. Brake rotors rusted on the inboard side. Ignition switch is shot. Keys falls out. Suspension squeaks when it shouldn't. I work on cars for a hobby/profession so we'll keep her around but be prepared for those unexpected trim and other weak systems like the suspension design to chase your nickels and dimes. I'd still buy the car all over again! All cars have their issues!

MPG - Good for an SUV 27 on freeway performance - 16.0 flat at 90 at the drags! Plastic panels. No rust, no dents. Perfect size for driving around and weekend trips. Would buy again!

Improve the quality of the overall package. US cars can be great! This one was real close! I will not give up on them!

Exceptional value
By soccerdad

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this used car while looking for a used minivan and just could not bring ourselves to admit we were in that stage of our life. So, Saturn Vue to the rescue. We really like this car and with the addition of the best tires we coud get, this car has met all of our needs. It drives great and compares nicely to minivans. The 3.5L V6 is very impressive and does good at the pump for an SUV. 20 to 24 in mixed driving. got 28 once on a long interstate only trip. Hit a deer once and was very happy my famly was in this car. Damage was one headlight to replace. What a relief! Safety and value. Seems to perform better than SUVs and minivans in its price range, without giving up much.

Feels cool on the inside, smooth ride, plenty of space in every direction, good mileage for the power and size. No maintance costs as of 77k. The black trim at the bottom realy looks good.

None I can think of, other than one squeek in the back that goes away in the summer but comes back in the winter. Gets annoying.

The Vue is good, the noise is too loud
By spcljac

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Vue brand new in 2004. The reliablity is good. The rear motor on the back window is going, the mileage is great 22 in the city and 27- 28 on the highway. The comfort level is good. The problem is the road noise is terrible. Even with all the windows up you can hear all the road noise, it is deafening.

The look and style of it

Do something to quite the road noise