Used 2004 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

No more American Cars for me
By Juan Ontiveros

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because my wife thought it will be a good car for us. I bought it with 40000 miles and it has been problem after problem O2 sensors changed both front and back, muffler under warranty was changed now I have to change the thermostat this car only has now 75000 thousand miles and I dont want it anymore and we promised ourselves we will never buy an American car anymore only Toyota or Honda.

Stalling Problems
By Jodi

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When we first bought our VUE I thought it was a really nice vehicle for a great price. However, I would never buy another one. Shortly after we bought it, it started having acceleration problem. There were times I was pulling from a residential street onto the highway and it sputtered and stopped--as another person said--very dangerous!!! I took it to the Saturn shop 5 times for this same problem and they said each time they could not find anything wrong! When I said "there has to be" the mgr was rude and said "we can't have someone drive your car around all day to find out"! Also, hazard light fell into dash. VUE is good in many ways, but not the important ones!

Plenty of room, comfortable for long travel except for noises.

Fix stalling problem and work with customers to get problem fixed rather than say there is nothing wrong-- obviously there is!

Review of my first real car
By 20yrold

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Saturn in 2008 and was a little worried from all the stories that I have heard. But to my relief none of them were true. I have had my car for almost a year and I have no no complaints. The only work that I have had to do was replace the front left wheel bearing, but i bought the car like that so I know what I was getting into. I love the way it rides and the way it feels like a small car when its not. My only complaint is that the dash is a little hard to dismantle when trying to put in a cd player, I lost 2 screws that I recovered and the hazard light button, and have no clue where it went, and no clue where to get another one.

Smooth ride, easy to customize, good people hauler. Great mileage and power. I have the 4-cyl. with a sunroof and heated cloth seats. I get luxury at a much lower cost.

Rear windshield wiper had a few issues, but other than that I have no complaints. It is a great car for any person who would like an SUV with true car performance.

2004 Saturn Vue 4cyl
By Phil

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

Very poor design, cheap cheap cheap! Bad acceleration, paint chips off dash/radio covering, Break problems, premature tire wear, steering column issues, and CD player issues.

Nothing really-pretty standard run of the mill parts and features

Replace the cheap panel around radio and dash, that paint flakes off. Use more quality materials within the entire vehicle. It's no wonder people buy foreign.

Good for the Money!
By FatherOfThree

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice size for kids. Good performance & reliabilty with the Honda V6. Handling is so so and interior dash is not much to look at (very plasticly) Overall, a good value.

Acceleration