2004 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews 6

2004 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
If you plan to buy one, take mine please!
By addicted2mickey on 12/22/06 00:16 AM (PST)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my VUE for 14 months and plan to get rid of her ASAP. I've been a loyal Saturn owner for 10 years but I think that's coming to its end. Read other owners' reviews and you'll see this model is plagued with problems beyond 40,000 miles (conveniently just after the warranty expires). The high ratings and good reviews are mainly before the 40,000 mile mark. The vinyl on the dashboard has been flaking and currently she is just sitting in my parking spot undrivable. It started as an occasional thumping under the hood and has progressed to a blinking check engine light and no acceleration. No one knows what's wrong. Parts and labor are extremely expensive for a Saturn. Buy something else.

No problems with our VUE
By no problems here on 12/16/06 09:24 AM (PST)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased new in 5-04. Purchased the 5-spd for the great gas mileage. Perhaps I just picked a good one, but we haven't really had any problems. I did have a solenoid go out in the first 10k, but everything's been great since then. It's an inexpensive car, not a BMW, and for the price it's been great. I purchased the seat cleaning option since I have young kids. My car looks new inside and out at 42k and runs great, too!

Happy about my VUE
By mary on 12/06/06 01:59 AM (PST)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I've enjoyed my VUE very much. No problems at all with its performance. The only thing that can be bothersome is the blind spots in the front frame around windshield. I purchased an extended warrenty up to 100,000 miles just in case it's needed. The stereo is great. I've been pulled over by the police to turn it down and I'll turn it back up because I just can't help it! So far, best car I've ever owned!

Think twice before you buy.
By L. Sheldon on 12/04/06 12:54 PM (PST)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In a nutshell, the vehicle has been self destructing from the moment I drove it off the lot. So far with 44k on it, I've had to replace the following: Muffler, brake caliper pin & bracket strut mount, rear wheel, clutch, rear differential module, entire rear end assy, fuel sending unit, both mirrors, arm rest, windshield wiper jets, drivers heated seat switch, rear window glass, rear hatch lock assy, rear lateral link (recall), front hub/bearing assy. If something didn't break every few weeks, I'd say it's a great vehicle, but with over $7,000 in repairs done in a little over two years, you be the judge.

Quality Powertrain vs Junky Parts
By Carl St. Henry on 11/25/06 14:34 PM (PST)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really liked the matched Honda engine,transmission, and rear axle that came with my 2004 VUE. Had many quality issues. Rear wiper motor. Front headlight assembly. Remote keyless entry. Instrument cluster RPM guage lights on half went out. Dealer wanted over $200.00 to just look at the problem. Rear suspension recall. Front wheel bearing had to be replaced The car is very peppy and drives well.

VUE review
By MichEE on 10/29/06 17:16 PM (PST)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice thought to lure with the Honda engine and tranny. Too bad the rest of the vehicle is so poorly constructed. Issues with front end suspension components, rear end drive components and electronic interface (BCM and ECM). It is too small for 4 people and luggage. Small for a +6ft driver. The 250HP V-6 is really peppy but at 40,000 miles and +20 trips to the dealer under waranty this vehicle is history!

Very Disappointed
By Big D on 10/29/06 07:45 AM (PST)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car has potential, but Saturn's execution is very disappointing. I got the service record from the previous owner when I bought the car - 21 complaints, some major. Then in the past 6 months I have had to replace or repair the radio, trim pieces, wheel bearings, the list goes on and on. It has such potential, but Saturn just does not deliver.

Problems Problems
By Hugh on 10/24/06 07:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this VUE in 2004. It has too many problems to list. VUE was purchased with a 6 year 60,000 mile warrenty and was maintained every 3000 miles by the dealer. A short list of problems include: Fuel guage accuracy, suspension links replaced, noises in stero speakers, noises behind speedometer, security system failure causing failure to start, clutch failure won't shift into first gear in cold weather. With 1.9% interest rate I'm still upside down. Do not ever buy a Saturn.

Saturn VUE V6 Amazing value
By poliva on 09/12/06 10:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What drew me to Saturn originally and made me come back is the amazing quality and consistency of customer service. The few times I have had any issues, I have had them resolved quickly and cordially, and this is true regardless of dealership. This, combined with the terrific styling, size, power, fuel consumption and price of this vehicle make me a head-over- heels happy owner. The only thing that is slightly below-par is the quality of interior items. The fit and finish as the car reviewers would call it. There is a lot of lightweight plastic in the interior. I'm sure the amount of plastic helps lower the price, and raise the fuel economy and performance (due to lighter weight).

My "tall" car is not too bad
By Wernowhere on 08/21/06 21:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've have owned a FWD 4 cyl 5 speed Vue for a little over 2 years It's basically a "tall" car. To be honest, I went into my search looking for a CR-V or a RAV4. After looking at the competition, I settled on the VUE. Mostly a value decision. It was just a lot of vehicle for the money. I was concerned about realibility, but it's been a good car to me so far. 38K and no real issues. EPA was 24 city/29 highway. I don't get that, but I do get about 22 around town and 26 -27 on the highway. I've heard bad things about the 4WD and the CVT. I'd probably avoid those but my FWD manual has been a good car.