Used 2004 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

So far so good
By Albert

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Vue new in 2004 and now have 102,000 miles - almost exclusively highway miles. Overall, I am satisfied with the vehicle. Engine is fantastic - nice power and mileage. I have not had any significant maintenance expenses until recently. My biggest complaint are the brakes - really bad front pulsations that require the rotors to be refinished every 12K miles. Just replaced front stab bar links (very creaky) and right rear wheel bearing/hub assembly - it was producing very loud road noise. I plan on keeping this vehicle as long as I can and so far it has been a nice car. I just wish I knew of a better front brake combination than OEM parts.

Outstanding
By Lowell

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this Vue used w/12,000 miles on ot. It was an executives car. It's made three trips to the southeast from Iowa and never a single problem. We did replace the mud tires with street tires in 06. Being retired we average about 8,000 per year So far we haven't spent a dime on repairs outside normal maintenance. I used Mobil 1 oil and filter exclusively and put a K&N air filter on it. Oil changes once per year. Never burns a drop of oil. My only complaint is that it is noisy inside but we've learned to live with it.

Reliability. It's never failed to start.

None considering the line has been discontinued.

Love it
By nice car

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

It has been a perfect vehicle for hauling around kids. It has been on many long trips. Only problems have been a bad heater core and a cd got stuck in the player. Both repaired under warranty. They require gas with clean additives. (stay away from the cheap stations) If you get ahold of bad gas or don't get the cap on right it will trip the engine light.

plenty of space

piece of JUNK!
By saturnowner

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

This car has less than 43,000 miles. It seems every time I turn around something has to be fixed. A/C went out twice, "small leak" in emission control 4 times, power windows stopped working, valve job, sway bars and struts had to be replaced, master cylinder and slave cylinder on clutch had to be replaced. I've spent more on repairs than the car is worth. Pass the word - Saturn is very unreliable. If you have deep pockets and enjoy spending a lot of time with the service department (and being without a car for days at a time for repairs)this might be the car for you. I'll never buy another American car! Not surprised they're going out of business.

None

Junk this car as soon as it gives you a problem. The problems will only continue, and be more expensive as time goes by.

Excellent car for the money
By Lynne

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We drive our Vue regularly in the West Virginia mountains and enjoy the power the Honda engine provides. Gas mileage is great on the road (26 mpg) and good around town (20 mpg). I've had the most trouble with sunroof leaking but keeping the drain lines cleaned out seems to have solved that problem. Replaced right wheel bearing around 35K and the radio and tires just this year. I've really liked this car, the size is perfect. We got the side air bags. I hope to keep it for many more years. It still looks and runs like new.

Exterior design, Honda elements, power.

Interior design, poor quality materials, leaky sunroof.

• SUV