Used 2004 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews - 438 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

2004 Saturn VUE

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Superior Vehicle
By laf5

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '04 VUE brand new. 7.5 years later with over 150,000 miles on it, I lost it to a large deer in the engine. This vehicle has been incredibly reliable. I've never had to do more than regular maintenance.
At 120k I had brakes done (probably could have waited, but I knew it HAD to be coming soon!) and was never completely satisfied with the replacement brakes (squeak).
Other than that, oil changes, new wiper blades, tires, air filters, and 100k tune-up.
This was my 2nd Saturn and am sad that GM discontinued such a superior line of vehicles - especially now that my VUE has been totaled! I will miss her and worry that I will never find another vehicle as reliable. Bring Saturn back!

Reliability, affordability, roominess, relatively inexpensive maintenance, attractive damage-resistant exterior.

GM, bring the Saturn line back into production!!

1st Saturn and loving it!
By vue5531

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Vue in 2008 and it's 2011 and I have not had a single problem with it. The carfax was clean. Its roomy, zippy, and pretty quiet. Ive read mostly negative reviews about this car and I don't see what their talking about. I must have gotten lucky. The only thing I had to do was replace the brakes.

Interior room, gas mileage.

A few more horses would have been nice but there are no complaints.

I've enjoyed my Vue
By Linda

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have been fortunate to own this car. It has never given us any major problems and has always been very reliable. It drives well in rain and snow. Our grown boys always ask to borrow it if the weather is bad (snow or ice) or if they need the space for their friends! Our only issues have been minor.(hazard button broke and radio buttons are wacky). Other then that, the car has been great! My husband has kept it in great shape and my grandson loves being in it!

sitting up high, plenty of room.

Love my VUE
By driver

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I love my Saturn VUE. This is the second Saturn I've owned. I'm so sad that GM has chosen to end this great car company.

Love the pop-up storage bin in the back.

Only recommendation - don't stop making Saturns!

Problem after Problem!
By Jen

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my vue in 2007, for a year and a half, I loved it, there wasn't a single issue. Then the one day, dead of winter, in MN, I find myself stranded on the side of the highway.The belt came off, and now to this day, it has happened 5 times.The engine is loud, along with road noise. I always have brake issues. For the last 6 months it has been 1 thing after another. Now that they don't make VUE's anymore, it is worth practically nothing.

Gas mileage is the only positive thing

How about putting some more money into making this car, it could have great potential. After all, you get what you pay for.