Used 2004 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Saturn Vue - Consumer Reviews

2004 Saturn VUE

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

1st Saturn and loving it!
By vue5531

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Vue in 2008 and it's 2011 and I have not had a single problem with it. The carfax was clean. Its roomy, zippy, and pretty quiet. Ive read mostly negative reviews about this car and I don't see what their talking about. I must have gotten lucky. The only thing I had to do was replace the brakes.

Favorite Features

Interior room, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

A few more horses would have been nice but there are no complaints.

I've enjoyed my Vue
By Linda

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have been fortunate to own this car. It has never given us any major problems and has always been very reliable. It drives well in rain and snow. Our grown boys always ask to borrow it if the weather is bad (snow or ice) or if they need the space for their friends! Our only issues have been minor.(hazard button broke and radio buttons are wacky). Other then that, the car has been great! My husband has kept it in great shape and my grandson loves being in it!

Favorite Features

sitting up high, plenty of room.

Love my VUE
By driver

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I love my Saturn VUE. This is the second Saturn I've owned. I'm so sad that GM has chosen to end this great car company.

Favorite Features

Love the pop-up storage bin in the back.

Suggested Improvements

Only recommendation - don't stop making Saturns!

Problem after Problem!
By Jen

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my vue in 2007, for a year and a half, I loved it, there wasn't a single issue. Then the one day, dead of winter, in MN, I find myself stranded on the side of the highway.The belt came off, and now to this day, it has happened 5 times.The engine is loud, along with road noise. I always have brake issues. For the last 6 months it has been 1 thing after another. Now that they don't make VUE's anymore, it is worth practically nothing.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is the only positive thing

Suggested Improvements

How about putting some more money into making this car, it could have great potential. After all, you get what you pay for.

So far so good
By Albert

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Vue new in 2004 and now have 102,000 miles - almost exclusively highway miles. Overall, I am satisfied with the vehicle. Engine is fantastic - nice power and mileage. I have not had any significant maintenance expenses until recently. My biggest complaint are the brakes - really bad front pulsations that require the rotors to be refinished every 12K miles. Just replaced front stab bar links (very creaky) and right rear wheel bearing/hub assembly - it was producing very loud road noise. I plan on keeping this vehicle as long as I can and so far it has been a nice car. I just wish I knew of a better front brake combination than OEM parts.