2004 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
I've enjoyed my Vue
By Linda on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have been fortunate to own this car. It has never given us any major problems and has always been very reliable. It drives well in rain and snow. Our grown boys always ask to borrow it if the weather is bad (snow or ice) or if they need the space for their friends! Our only issues have been minor.(hazard button broke and radio buttons are wacky). Other then that, the car has been great! My husband has kept it in great shape and my grandson loves being in it!

Outstanding
By Lowell on 05/03/10 19:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this Vue used w/12,000 miles on ot. It was an executives car. It's made three trips to the southeast from Iowa and never a single problem. We did replace the mud tires with street tires in 06. Being retired we average about 8,000 per year So far we haven't spent a dime on repairs outside normal maintenance. I used Mobil 1 oil and filter exclusively and put a K&N air filter on it. Oil changes once per year. Never burns a drop of oil. My only complaint is that it is noisy inside but we've learned to live with it.

2004 VUE REDLINE: LONG TERM
By RobO on 12/20/09 06:33 AM (PST)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car off the showroom floor in 2004. I commuted with it for 5 years in San Francisco, CA. traffic. I drove it across country in 2009, going up to Seattle, all the way up in the mountains of Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and so on across the USA. It currently has 119,000 miles on it, and the only thing that has ever gone wrong with it is the pull cable for the hood release, and the light cluster panel above the driver needed a new switch. This is a reliable, fun to drive car with plenty of room, great performance, versatility and excellent fuel economy. On the cross country trip, fully loaded, with a pod carrier on top of the car, I got an overall 24 miles a gallon.

It's OK I guess
By Melinda on 04/24/09 18:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this car new because of the Honda engine and decent gas mileage for an suv. My biggest complaint in the vue is the brakes. I have 100k miles and have replaced the rear (i believe) brakes 5 times! Pads and rotors! Yet NEVER the front ones (the pads once). The wind noise from the windows drives me crazy. The sun visor is way too small for the size of the windshield. I agree with other owners the engine noise is loud. I have major rust on the hatch/trunk door and the rear driver side door never closes unless you slam it. My kids always complain they cant hear the radio and after sitting back there, they're right, why are the speakers on the floor? No more saturns for me!

Love Mine
By Vue This on 04/12/08 22:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a 3 time Saturn owner. I bought our 04 Vue new now we have 67k and just turning 4 yrs with it. Had the recall, I follow the service intervals and only have the dealer do the work. Zero dealer problems & pull a 2500# 19' boat multiple times up and over our mountains in Utah and Wyo.When I pass people pulling the boat they look at the car like what the hell. Replaced the tires at 50k brakes are starting to wear and shocks are getting bouncy MPG is great and I will eat most all comers with the preformance of the 250 HP I am 6'6" and the seats could use some better support and the fabric is wearing I wish the Vue was just a little bigger my 16 & 10 year old need more room in the back.

Last GM junk that I buy
By Greg R. Hess on 03/14/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this nice looking suv with high hopes. Only to be disappointed once again by GM. This will be the last time I get burned by them. I have replaced a front left hub-wheel bearing that cost $455 and ever since 48,000 miles there has been a rumbling noise from under the hood and under neath the center of the suv. The dealership mechanic say's that there are nothing mechanical to explain these noises! So I guess I have to be satisfied with paying $30,000 and having a problematic car. Unbelieveable! The big three wonder why the public is switching over to imports. They have lousy warranties, until of late but I bet there's a lot of red tape one goes through to have anything done!

CRV Killer
By bobl on 11/20/07 14:39 PM (PST)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having worked at Honda dealers for 18 years, when I decided to buy an SUV I naturally looked at the CRV and Pilot. The Pilot was too expensive and bigger than what I wanted and the CRV seemed underpowered to me. I looked at Nissan and Toyota but didn't find anything that was comfortable, reasonably priced and had some power. I read that the Saturn vue V6 was powered by a Honda 3.5 liter engine which I was familiar with as it is the same engine in the Odessy and Pilot. It only took one test drive for me to fall in love with this SUV. I have been driving mine now for over four years and just love it. I am a large guy and I am very comfortable on short or long drives.

Vue Review 4U
By Fall04Vue on 09/07/07 08:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got an awesome deal on the Vue! Was dealer driven and bought it w/4000 miles and received all the new car discounts plus the extended 100,000 mile warranty. Have had to take it for minor parts repaired that were covered under the warranty. Previous vehicle was a S10 Blazer. Honda engine and 6 cyclinder has good get up & go. Drives great in MN winters. Plenty of room to cart around others and equipment.

VUE holding up OK
By relantel on 06/05/07 09:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2004 VUE has held up well over the 3+ years we have had it. (69k on it in 39 months) No major complaints other than Saturn reneging on a warranty repair to the radio (it would not keep time) earlier this year. The '04 has a Honda engine - about the only reason we haven't traded it in given our other difficulties with Saturn of late. Rear seat legroom is a bit cramped in the VUE. The audio system (6-disc in-dash changer) is a good one, and the original tires held up a full 60k before being replaced. It could use more than the front airbags, and the rear drum brakes, even though ABS, are a drawback as well.

Our Redline
By delrob on 01/28/07 12:12 PM (PST)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice car with great handling and performance. Good looking car with redline package and owner installed spoilers (front hood, sunroof and tailgate).