2004 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
Gotta love this car
By yougie12345 on 08/17/13 17:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

mom bought this car two years old with 26000 miles on it. it now has 105000 on it and still runs great. since she has given it to me and the only thing i ever have to do with it is put gas in it, and it really does pretty well around town on gas (26ish) since we have owned it she has had to put breaks on it and new tires. thats it :) overall a great car, good job saturn

Wonderful SUV
By swatwife on 04/09/12 08:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 Saturn Vue in 2009. It has been a wonderful vehicle to drive! Always very reliable, roomy, great for hauling and an overall pleasant ride.

So far so good
By Albert on 06/01/10 09:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Vue new in 2004 and now have 102,000 miles - almost exclusively highway miles. Overall, I am satisfied with the vehicle. Engine is fantastic - nice power and mileage. I have not had any significant maintenance expenses until recently. My biggest complaint are the brakes - really bad front pulsations that require the rotors to be refinished every 12K miles. Just replaced front stab bar links (very creaky) and right rear wheel bearing/hub assembly - it was producing very loud road noise. I plan on keeping this vehicle as long as I can and so far it has been a nice car. I just wish I knew of a better front brake combination than OEM parts.

Excellent car for the money
By Lynne on 03/05/10 06:33 AM (PST)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We drive our Vue regularly in the West Virginia mountains and enjoy the power the Honda engine provides. Gas mileage is great on the road (26 mpg) and good around town (20 mpg). I've had the most trouble with sunroof leaking but keeping the drain lines cleaned out seems to have solved that problem. Replaced right wheel bearing around 35K and the radio and tires just this year. I've really liked this car, the size is perfect. We got the side air bags. I hope to keep it for many more years. It still looks and runs like new.

Great value and performance!
By jthanan on 04/02/09 02:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the VUE for its utility and it hasn't let me down. With the back seats and front passenger seat folded down I can haul the equipment for my entire band! Have had the truck for almost a year and put about 20K miles on it and haven't had a single problem. Has made multiple trips Wisconsin-South Florida with no problems. Averages about 20mpg in the city and around 25-26mpg highway. The VUE is also great for towing, I pull a 1500 pound fishing boat with it and the VUE takes it all in stride.

Good for the Money!
By FatherOfThree on 10/24/08 10:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice size for kids. Good performance & reliabilty with the Honda V6. Handling is so so and interior dash is not much to look at (very plasticly) Overall, a good value.

Great Drivetrain, So So Everything Else!
By D Buck on 07/01/08 10:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We came for the Honda V6 and no haggle pricing. We got a decent CUV for $19,700 out the door and headed straight to the shop for a GPS and leather seats. A/C died 3 times until they finally replaced the leaky compressor. Brake rotors rusted on the inboard side. Ignition switch is shot. Keys falls out. Suspension squeaks when it shouldn't. I work on cars for a hobby/profession so we'll keep her around but be prepared for those unexpected trim and other weak systems like the suspension design to chase your nickels and dimes. I'd still buy the car all over again! All cars have their issues!

Exceptional value
By soccerdad on 06/29/08 21:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this used car while looking for a used minivan and just could not bring ourselves to admit we were in that stage of our life. So, Saturn Vue to the rescue. We really like this car and with the addition of the best tires we coud get, this car has met all of our needs. It drives great and compares nicely to minivans. The 3.5L V6 is very impressive and does good at the pump for an SUV. 20 to 24 in mixed driving. got 28 once on a long interstate only trip. Hit a deer once and was very happy my famly was in this car. Damage was one headlight to replace. What a relief! Safety and value. Seems to perform better than SUVs and minivans in its price range, without giving up much.

I must be lucky
By Slick on 04/23/08 09:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was surprised to read so many negative reviews about the Vue both from owners and the press. Bought new (w/ heavy incentives) for <$20k & owned for 4 years. No service issues at all, other than rear suspension recall. I avg. 20 mpg city & 26-28 mpg hwy. Pros: crisp exterior styling, 17" wheels, roomy/comfortable interior, agile handling, excellent power, dent- resistant polymer panels, great fuel economy, buttery-smooth Honda engine/transmission Cons: cheap-looking interior, wind/road noise, sometimes bouncy ride, a few squeaks & rattles, lots of nooks & crannies make washing a pain All in all, it's been a great car nimble yet roomy, fun-to-drive, and economical.

Love it
By Dan on 03/03/07 22:31 PM (PST)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been well pleased with my VUE. It does everything I wanted it to do. It tows my camper with no problems. Plenty of power. It is comfortable to drive and to ride in (and I've done both). I have had no troubles with it at all (none, nada, zilch). After three years, I still get compliments on the looks and ride. Just today I had four men as passengers and they all fit easily.