Used 2004 Saturn VUE Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Gotta love this car
By yougie12345

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

mom bought this car two years old with 26000 miles on it. it now has 105000 on it and still runs great. since she has given it to me and the only thing i ever have to do with it is put gas in it, and it really does pretty well around town on gas (26ish) since we have owned it she has had to put breaks on it and new tires. thats it :) overall a great car, good job saturn

the gas mileage!

nothing i can really think of

Wonderful SUV
By swatwife

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 Saturn Vue in 2009. It has been a wonderful vehicle to drive! Always very reliable, roomy, great for hauling and an overall pleasant ride.

Sun roof, heated leather seats, XM radio

None

So far so good
By Albert

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Vue new in 2004 and now have 102,000 miles - almost exclusively highway miles. Overall, I am satisfied with the vehicle. Engine is fantastic - nice power and mileage. I have not had any significant maintenance expenses until recently. My biggest complaint are the brakes - really bad front pulsations that require the rotors to be refinished every 12K miles. Just replaced front stab bar links (very creaky) and right rear wheel bearing/hub assembly - it was producing very loud road noise. I plan on keeping this vehicle as long as I can and so far it has been a nice car. I just wish I knew of a better front brake combination than OEM parts.

Excellent car for the money
By Lynne

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We drive our Vue regularly in the West Virginia mountains and enjoy the power the Honda engine provides. Gas mileage is great on the road (26 mpg) and good around town (20 mpg). I've had the most trouble with sunroof leaking but keeping the drain lines cleaned out seems to have solved that problem. Replaced right wheel bearing around 35K and the radio and tires just this year. I've really liked this car, the size is perfect. We got the side air bags. I hope to keep it for many more years. It still looks and runs like new.

Exterior design, Honda elements, power.

Interior design, poor quality materials, leaky sunroof.

Great value and performance!
By jthanan

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the VUE for its utility and it hasn't let me down. With the back seats and front passenger seat folded down I can haul the equipment for my entire band! Have had the truck for almost a year and put about 20K miles on it and haven't had a single problem. Has made multiple trips Wisconsin-South Florida with no problems. Averages about 20mpg in the city and around 25-26mpg highway. The VUE is also great for towing, I pull a 1500 pound fishing boat with it and the VUE takes it all in stride.

Engine and transmission, performance, exterior styling, hauling and towing ability.

Interior materials quality, wind noise, bouncy ride at times.