Sad
By cayenne72 on
2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)
My Vue went our last March. I didnt drive it much I had it for 3 years. I bought it at 54,000 miles on it. Sadly enough had I driven it more it would have been covered when the tranny went out.it was a month after the deadline. I'm surprised people are still selling the 2002-2005 at 8,000. They are only worth about 4,000. It was a decent car. It's not worth 8,000,considering the transmission in it costs 5,000 to replace. Oddly enough I would consider buying a 2007-2009, but GM is so hard to deal with.
Favorite Features
room in the car, It was big but drove like a small car
Suggested Improvements
transmission
By hansbrentwpg
on 12/23/13 16:02 PM (PST)

Idlink problem. I got Saturn 2003 vue AWD. The only problem i face is the idlink is not stable. Recently it got worse the engine it shut off while idle after driving the car for a 30 to 45mins. After the mechanic check, the power is not stable he said there might be problem with alternator. So I purchased the alternator. After that, I went back to him and he said he will double check it the power; but then the power is stable. He check as well the oil pump and it was ok. He added oil because is not in the deep stick level and check the pvc host from engine connected to air filter. I used it for over 1 week and the switch off issue doesn't come out. However, I am still afraid because the idlink still not stable; there are times that I need to press the gas pedal just to not to shut off while I am stop. Is there anyone face this kind of issue?