2003 Saturn VUE Consumer Review: piece of junk

2003 Saturn VUE - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.2L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

piece of junk
By angryenuff on

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

i bought my saturn at a buy here pay here place.it looked like a great car and it seemed like a great car till 6 months after i bought it and the tranny went out in the 100,000 mile marker.now im being told it s my problem.so i was so irate that they had to of known and i dont have the money to repair it .i told them to shove that car were the sun doesnt shine.oh well there goes my credit.dont buy this car unless you have a lot of extra money to waist on repairs.

Favorite Features

i like the easy steering and the room inside. its also great in the snow

Suggested Improvements

recall all of these cars so no one else gets ripped off.
By tq1221
on 05/22/11 16:36 PM (PDT)

I'm sorry you had trouble with this car. I bought mine new in 2003, and the first six years were relatively trouble-free. It is now almost eight years old with less than 65,000 miles and I won't drive it out of town because I have the VTI transmission. However, a little bit of research on your part before buying the car would have revealed that the transmission is a major issue, and that a class-action suit was filed against Saturn in 2007. The judgment was in the owners' favor, but now that GM filed bankruptcy they've weaseled out of paying for the repairs on my car. They will cover half now instead of the full costs, but $3800 is more than I want to spend on it. My SES light just came on, and I'm afraid of what the diagnostic will reveal.