Used 2003 Saturn VUE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Saturn Vue - Consumer Reviews

2003 Saturn VUE SUV

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Saturn VUE equals junk
By Mtfloo

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

We have had our VUE for 7 years. We had to replace the wheel bearings, $450 each, between 50,000 and 65,000 miles. It now has 107,000 miles and guess what.. we are once again replacing them. What other vehicle has to do this. Also, motor in rear window wiper gone after 60,000 miles, cord to raise the hood has had to be replaced twice. The clutch in the 4 speed was replaced at 40,000 miles, I could go on and on. Those cars are junk! GM was very smart to dump them. Although some work out ok, most don't.

Favorite Features

The cost and frequency of repairs takes any fun out of driving this thing.

Suggested Improvements

GM should recall the wheel bearings. We shouldn't have to pay for their poor design. They've made a bundle off the consumer.

My first Saturn. Still in love with It
By RedStorm

2003 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have to say our 2003 Saturn VUE is a fun SUV to drive. Only issues have been, NONE! New set of tires and regular maintenance. It is now a secondary car for my husband to drive in the winter. I have been driving it lately due to issues with our 07 Outlook. Cannot believe that we have had it 7 years and it still looks as good as the day we drove it off the car lot. Was ticked off the day I heard GM was stopping production.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive love the sun roof and the heated seats, toasty in the winter.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back Saturn please.

Yipes!
By john

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Vue with 20,000 miles and the VTi transmission. I also purchased from my credit union an extended warranty ($1,440) for 5 years. Has it ever paid off. As of 06/08/10, approximately $11,000 has been paid out for repairs - transmission 2 times, timing chain problems, wheel bearings ($1,000) and various electronic problems. I still love the car, but in October, 2010 the warranty ends. I am not sure if I can buy another warranty or not. If not, goodbye to the Vue. I am not sure what to buy next, but for sure it will have an extended warranty purchased with it. I feel sorry for those who had to pay for their repairs.

Favorite Features

Style, size, easy in and out.

Transmission bad
By Alan

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

This car was clean! Bought it used and 6 days later the CVT transmission went out. The dealership took it back because it was too costly for them to repair and they said the mechanics would not stand behind it if they did. The CVT transmission is junk!

Favorite Features

Clean

Suggested Improvements

Just don't buy one

Absolutely Horrible
By Jeb

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

We bought our's used at 80,000 miles. The transmission blew at 88,000 miles. After a long fight with Saturn I got them to cover half of the $5000.00 repair. The transmission just blew again....lasted 100,000 miles this time. We did not get any benefit from the class action lawsuit that Saturn settled because our mileage exceeded the settlement, but basically the settlement claims Saturn knew that they were producing bad transmissions that blow around 80000 miles. They of course deny it. I also replaced multiple ball bearings. Horrible. Cheap. Worthless.

Favorite Features

I cannot believe anyone has been happy with this vehicle. I know that the class action lawsuit told the truth. I just hope you at least take my advice and stay clear of this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Shut down Saturn....Oh wait they did!!!!