Used 2003 Saturn VUE SUV Consumer Reviews - 403 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Saturn VUE SUV - Consumer Reviews

2003 Saturn VUE SUV

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Good for the Money. Would buy again
By Josh

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 Saturn Vue 4 cylinder with a 5 speed manual transmission. I read on this site that the CVT were garbage but the manuals were worth the money. I love my car. I drive back and forth about 120 miles per day working about 1.5 hours away from my home. I bought the car with 70,000 miles on it. I just passed 105,000 miles and it is still running strong! The car is fun to drive. The only improvements I would have is that create stain free carpets and a quieter ride. The car is a little noisy on the highway. Saturn Customer service could be a little better because when calling for a particular part, I was given the run around. All in all, a great buy for the quality and price.

Cargo room, 5-speed manual, spacious back seat, fun to drive

Stain-free carpet, Saturn customer service, quieter ride.

Not too shabby, buy the 5 speed
By ed

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is a great basic car to get you to point a to b and hopefully back to point a. NO frills no thrills it's great on gas I can get about 320 miles mostly city driving some hwy. It is not too comfy and doesn't handle the best. If you can forgo some points, it is a great daily driver. Just make sure you get the 5 speed the cvt stinks and will break. The engine is noisy and has no power just know you will not merge too fast, just use your head and pre-plan entry exit off hwy. It has held up nicely so far. had to replace ball joints, sway bar links and motor mounts with wear and tear any car will need this stuff. The 5 speed shifts nice it is made by Getrag, same as BMW supplier

Cheap to buy and own great deals out there now, too bad for the original owners however great for used car buyers...

more power 2.2L more NVH, too much wind noise. too much plastic but who cares Saturn is out of business no one is listening anyway...

Had I known
By MM in atl

2003 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wish I had done better research. It fit the bill of decent mileage for a small SUV, BUT it's been trouble every few months since I purchased it with 80,000 miles. I'm dumping it as soon as I get a chance! The transmission would be covered by my extended warranty, but it's never that - it's the wires, the modules and connections that lead the transmission that I keep having to pay for. I'm so thankful for the extended warranty, because that has helped out with other issues like leaky valves, wheel bearing which was replaced and other misfires. Do NOT buy one of these lemons, they're SO cheaply made! The whole exterior is plastic and the mechanics are of equal quality.

I loved the big back seat - comfortable for the kids. I also loved the exterior temp and the compass reading in the rear view mirror - but that's just a geek thing.

Big Mistake
By fallbeauty

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

There isn't enough characters allowed to explain the last four years with this car. It was in the shop more than it was in our driveway. We spent thousands of dollars in repairs only to be treated like dogs by the Saturn customer service. Have never experienced anything like it. Do not buy this car. Run fast. It is a money pit and has many flaws, major flaws. The latest was the computer system. Everything was acting all crazy. It would have loss of power. Sometimes it would start and other times it wouldn't. The brakes vibrated, the hood cable wore out the hood was stuck closed. The throttle body had to be replaced several times. Nightmare.

Watching it drive out of the driveway for the last time.

Stop making them. OH! They did!

LEMON!
By Aimee Steven Perry

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased our Vue in March of 2008, the first weekend driving it the axle broke going up the steepest hill in our city. We were rolling backwards and could not stop, cost of repair 800. The next thing to go was in October of 2008, the BCM blew, the car would not start. Saturn told us it was not under warranty and not sure why it broke the repair would be $2000 Then the exhaust manifold cracked not only once but twice, cost of that $1000, when we replaced that we found that the bearings all needed to be replaced Dec 09.Most recent, our car stopped dead in traffic, we had to push if off the road, the car is not getting gas so it stalls unless you keep your foot on the gas.

The look, front seats are comfortable

Trash the whole thing!