2003 Saturn VUE SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
ANOTHER VUE CUSTOMER WITH TRAN PROBLEM
By rosetiger on 10/02/09 06:39 AM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I just purchased this car about 3-4 months ago I have put 8000 miles on it which brings it to 78000 miles total on the car. I loved this car. I was driving it last week and the transmission just went out completely on me. I was looking on the internet and was so surprised that so many other people have had this same problem. I now have to get the transmission fixed and trade it in right away. This is unbelieveable and I would never get another saturn or recommend it to anyone. please do not purchase or you will have the same problem

BAD TRANSMISSION
By katie on 08/18/09 17:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

The VTi transmission in this car is prone to premature failure and there is a class action lawsuit agains saturn for it. My transmission just died at 100,000 miles, and costs 6200 for the part alone- and this is no exaggeration because I've gotten 3 different quotes. Used is 2500 with 60k on it. I have 6500 left on my loan and am a 23 year old grad student now without a car and thousands of dollars in payments left. Dont waste your money. If you have this car, Get a warranty on your transmission!

unusal
By tmjdragon on 07/18/09 08:11 AM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Ive had this Vue since 2005 My mother in law owned before me and she too had to take it in alot. But since Ive had it I have not had to take it in, but Ive had a few problems of my own. the wheel bearing went out 3 times (the rear) and I replaced it my self but recieved the wrong part but it still works. the transmission well it is tempermental it likes to stutter then it goes of course saturn mech says they all do that so Ive been dealing with that since 2007. Its not a bad car and my wife has put that corn fuel in it, seems to run alright with it even though saturn says dont cause it wont run with it

Do Not Buy
By Robin on 07/14/09 16:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my car a year and half ago and thought it was good. Boy was I wrong. Everything was good until 80,000 miles then my engine literally blew up. Cost me $1000 to buy a used engine. Now 2 weeks later, my car is back in the garage with a transmission that blew up. It costs $4500 just for the transmission! Saturn has a lawsuit due to faulty transmissions so now I have to see if I can get them to pay for some of it. If they won't, I don't know what I'm going to do. I can't afford to pay all that money in one month. I am looking to trade mine in. I will NEVER buy a Saturn again!

Bad transmission!!
By Lara on 07/10/09 19:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used in 2007 for $8,000CAN with 110,000km on it (68,000 miles). Shortly after that it needed a drive chain, which was about $1,000. Everything was fine after that until last week! Although I love the look of this suv, I am disgusted that my transmission just blew at 143,00km (89,000 miles)! My mechanic said the transmissions in them are weak and prone to fail. They cost more to rebuild than to replace, and the cost of to replace the transmission is about $5000 all said and done. Unbelievable! It is not worth spending that kind of money so I'm left with a vehicle worth about $800 and have to purchase something else. Very disappointing that this was not a RECALL.

Dodged a bullet so far
By wardell on 06/21/09 22:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

Have had my Vue (bought used in 2004) without any problems until the last 6 months. Transmission acted up, dealer purchased from wanted $5K to replace. Fortunately I found an honest Saturn deal who not only honored the GM lawsuit and only charged me 25% to repair, but when the repair did not work replaced the transmission for free. I love the car roominess and mileage, but I'm just planning to get another year out of while I save for a replacement. Good luck to others, since GM is bankrupt they likely will no longer honor the terms of the lawsuit.

'SATURN' IS A JOKE!
By Brandi on 06/21/09 10:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just paid cash for what I thought was a reliable and "responsable" vehicle. 3 DAYS after i bought the car the transmission went completly out!! I've contacted the Saturn company, the Warranty company and the dealer I bought from. Saturn says they are no longer rebuilding that transmission and are not at this time doing anythig for thier drivers. The warranty company tells me to find a transmission shop who will rebuild it for me (NO ONE WILL I'VE CALLED!) and they are right now taking the Saturn Vue OUT of thier warranties!! I am trying to get the dealer to back me out of the deal and give me my money back! Saturn knows they've screwed up and are not doing anything to make it right!!

Do not buy a Saturn
By Diego on 06/14/09 20:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is 2009 and I have 870000 kilometers and had transmission problems since last year but now the transmission has quit completely. We called Saturn Canada and they have towed our VUE at their expense to North Bay Saturn for inspection. If the vehicle in their opinion "has not been abused" they will absorb most of the cost of replacing the tranny. We bought the VUE new and drive it from April to Jan. as we go south for the winter- the reason for the low milage. I'm afraid they will tell us that the fault is our s even though we have reported the problem to them twice in the last year with "no problem found". If it gets fixed I am trading it in for another brand. I won't buy another Saturn.

Good Reliable Vehicle
By GA79 on 06/03/09 08:33 AM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car since September of 2002 and have put over 105,000 miles on it. I just recently had my 100k mile service done and did have a few things to replace (wheel bearings, strut, brakes/brake pads) but up until this point it has been nothing but basic maintenance. I change my oil regularly every 3k-4k miles and have gone on quite a few 1000+ mile trips with no problems at all. I've also lived in cold wintery climates and it was a dream to drive in the snow. The VUE will definitely be on my list for my next new car.

Saturn Vue
By buy foreign on 05/25/09 17:12 PM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned for two years. I bought used with 20k miles. in last lear have replaced wheel bearings. catlatyc converter and many more things. I just traded for a Honda. It has cost me over 3000.00 in repairs and the transmision is now going. This was a bad transmission from gm and although they will replace if bought new. I would have been required to pay25% ofrepair bill a total of 1200.00. Will never buy another