2003 Saturn VUE SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
Transmission number TWO!
By darkjade1978 on 03/22/10 16:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I would like to say please rethink buying a Saturn Vue, the VTi transmission in this car is prone to premature failure. Something I wished I had known prior to making my purchase in 2003. The transmission on my 2003 Vue had to be replaced at only 43,434 mile, which was replaced in April 2008. I had not only bought the 4year/48,000 mile Service maintenance package I also purchased an extra warranty for the Mechanical Failure Service Contract for 6 year/72,000 miles. Wish this did save me, because the first one was covered under the warranty. However! Now almost 2 years and only 72,818 miles later, the transmission is failing again after Saturn repaired/replaced it. Per Saturn, they only

Would buy this car again
By Leigh on 03/16/10 14:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used in 2005 and have had absolutely no problems with it, I've only had to replace the tires, brakes and oil. I have had none of the problems that have been explained here. The car was totaled about a month ago and I would have bought another one except for the fact that Saturn has gone out of business. This was my second Saturn and hate that I cannot buy another one.

Not a problem
By My VUE on 03/10/10 13:52 PM (PST)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Saturn VUE used in 2005. It had 42,000 miles on it. I love it. The only problem I had with my is that the battery died last year. That was the first time I'd changed it since I got the car. The only complaints I have about the Vue is that you can hear outside noise, it rides a little rough and the interior is cheat. Other than that I love it and have had no problems and I would recommend the VUE.

It is GOOD.
By Michael Yeoman on 03/10/10 01:49 AM (PST)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Saturn VUE New in 04/2003 fortunately I got a stickshift 5-Speed. Had to put new brake shoes on at 115,000 miles, today I am going to the dealer and get a quote for rattle in front end (Been doing it for 2 yrs. Bushings) and a whining noise (probably wheel bearings) the steering wheel squeaked really bad 2 or 3 yrs. ago and Saturn Dealer fixed it = now it comes and goes with the weather & same with front end squeaks (I have lived in Leesville, LA. for 5 1/2 yrs now. Overall I got a Good Deal:) KEEPER oh, yeah did get the recall done on rear control arms or whatever they r.

Beware
By LKO on 02/22/10 20:43 PM (PST)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a really bad SUV. Do not buy, many things will break such as windshield washer pump, head gasket,oil will appear like a frappichino. All this will happen at 70K. This car is a total piece beware.

My First Car!
By KRamos on 02/11/10 00:43 AM (PST)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

this was the first car that i got to buy by myself...i have driven many, many miles - long highway trips between texas, utah, colorado, and idaho, and have never had a problem. I had over 100,000 miles on it and had owned it for 5 years before the air conditioning went out and needed to be fixed...absolutely nothing else has gone wrong with the car! i have had no engine problems...i have kept it maintained and took it in for all it's "check-up's"...the only reason i even traded it in was because i now have four children, and my whole family no longer fits in!!

Be vey careful
By A7 on 01/15/10 21:38 PM (PST)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Be aware when buying one of these. We had nothing but problems with ours. Stupid things such as washer fluid pump never worked, thermostat, check engine light was on the entire time that we owned it(2 years). Also head gasket and lower intake gaskets were starting to fail.Only 70,000 miles. Make sure that when they change your oil that the filter is changed, not a conventional oil filter. I would not recommend any of the VUE models, not a good design. If you must get a Saturn stick with a SC series small car.

Never Again
By Used to love saturn on 01/10/10 12:48 PM (PST)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I bought at about 30,000 miles in 2006. Since then, have had to replace 2 wheel bearings- soon to be 3, the whole front axel, sensors, the ac sensor and $1500 in other parts, etc. Total of costs I have had to put into it are half of what I paid for car! Now I understand why Saturn cars are no longer being made!!! PS. I had problems with areas of car that were on warranty. I had car into dealer 3 times before warranty up cause I had problems...they waited unti warranty up to actually figure out what was wrong and wouldn't cover under warranty..Said it wasn't there warranty to make the choice.

Worst Transmission Ever
By Tony on 11/26/09 22:33 PM (PST)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

We bought this used, 85,000 miles on it, 30,000 later we learned that the transmission had a fracture and was leaking fluid. Beacuse no mechanic wants to take the things apart, it wasn't learned of until it was too late. We replaced it with a brand new transmission ($7000), and about 18,000 miles later it became completely fubar from the inside. Now we have no choice but to sell it and hope and pray the warranty we have will help us. I'm moving onto the 09 CR-V

Not Sure
By Mosers on 11/06/09 06:29 AM (PST)

2003 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Saturn VUE in 2008. I have driven it over a year now and I have had no complications like I am reading here. I did however just have my brake shoes replaced and they are now telling me that my front wheel bearings are a little loose and will need replacing soon. Other than that I have had no problems like I have been reading. Trust me, I am still reading up on all these problems.